Talking Watches with Volnation

Smokeytom

Keep Calm and Heup On
Do you like watches? Then get in here!

There’s a spot for just about everything else here on Volnation, figure it’s time for a watch thread!

This is the place to post pics of your WOTD (Watch of the Day), talk about watches you’re looking at buying (or the ones you can only dream about), post YouTube videos, make book recommendations, and just generally connect with some other watch enthusiasts!

So what y’all wearing right now?

I’ve been rocking a Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope for some time now. Love this watch!

image.jpg

View attachment 246050
Present from my wife a few years ago. My favorite watch was my grandfather’s. My grandmother gave it to me when passed away. It’s an old watch that wouldn’t bring $5 in a yard sale. I wouldn’t sell it for a million.
That’s a nice look right there!

My dad recently gave me his dad’s Benrus 5 star. Nothing crazy special I think they go for $300-500 these days. Will never sell it of course! It needs a good cleaning and polish, but will be a smooth little watch after that. Love the vintage sizing.

Reactions: volatil
this is what I rock

JORD%2BWood%2BWatches%2BDover%2BSeries%2BKoa%2B%2526%2BBlack%2B3.JPG

20191216_172358 (1).jpgI bought this around 1991 so 30 years old. It has been worn daily, and I have treated it roughly. No problems, but gains about 2 minutes a month now.
32 mm. I don't get20191216_172358 (1).jpg the giant size watches that have been sold in recent years. Fashion? I guess that is part of getting old. You like things in your past.

View attachment 246230I bought this around 1991 so 30 years old. It has been worn daily, and I have treated it roughly. No problems, but gains about 2 minutes a month now.
32 mm. I don't getView attachment 246230 the giant size watches that have been sold in recent years. Fashion? I guess that is part of getting old. You like things in your past.
I like to think we have reached the peak of the big watch era. I hear more and more people asking for smaller watches these days.

Also - I've never seen a Constellation like that! Very cool! My favorite are the vintage pie pans!

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
WOTD

image.jpg
Halios Seaforth III in Abyss Blue with the Sapphire bezel on an Erika’s Original SWICK strap (which I’m no longer seeing on her website - glad I was able to get one with these colors!). Absolutely love this watch. Hard to beat the quality for the price if you can manage to get it at retail! Definitely finds itself on the wrist quite often!

Any of y’all watch Hodinkee’s “Talking Watches” vidéos on YouTube? (Obviously where i stole the name from)

There are some good ones. John Mayer is kind of douchey but has a killer collection. Alton Brown too

Reactions: VOLSONLY and MAD
Reactions: volatil and MAD

VN Store

Back