Talk me off the ledge

No I am not talking about the game today.
I have moved on

I think we got a horrible draw for a 2 seed.
I think Cincy is damn good( the best team of the 6/7 seeds) and if we are lucky enough to advance the national champ awaits.

I hate the draw.

Make me feel better

Cincy is probably better than a 7 seed, but they are a good matchup. They play defense and not very dynamic offensively. It’s a good matchup for us.

Our draw could not be any better. To advance in this tournament, you have to win games against increasingly better teams.

We wouldn’t see the likes of Duke, NC or Ky until the Final Four. Play well and it is attainable against this bracket.

The key is to play well, which is a wildcard lately.

Reactions: Mtnvol80 and njvols
No more drinking the night before game day like today. Those guys were hungover. Not really, but might as well have been. I don’t think they get drunk the night before a game again if that helps

I have moved on

I think Cincy is damn good( the best team of the 6/7 seeds) and if we are lucky enough to advance the national champ awaits.

I hate the draw.

Make me feel better
I think it's the best of the two seeds...and we got the nod over KY for Louisville, which is big for Volnation to attend! Top 8 teams are all tough, whether it's UNC or Duke, or UVA or Zaga. Cinci is thought to be the worst of their # seed. Feel better now?

I can’t on Friday, but maybe Sunday. Will most likely be going to Louisville though. My wallet needs to recoup lol. I spent $1500 this weekend for the SECT!

I posted in another forum that I misjudged the market for tickets. I drove up with my 8 year old son, and tickets were $200-$500 a piece. I think there was one I saw sold by a UK fan at $300 for two.

I just wasn’t interested in spending that kind of coin. I would have paid $100 a piece.

I guess I have been out of the ticket game for a while. Those prices seem like high level football games to me, not basketball. There were also many more UT fans looking for tickets than I expected.

For some strange reason UT was not prepared to play basketball today...not sure what you want to call that mess. If they got that our of their system then I still have faith they are a very good team. I like the South Region for them...doesn't mean it will be easy to win. It's all on them because it is one and done. Only one team in field will 6 straight! Might as well be the Vols!

I have moved on

I hate the draw.

Make me feel better
Wow I think it’s a great draw.
Louis/minn is at least just as tough as Cincy/Iowa..... and for me LSU is tougher than Purdue
OK fla Nev might not be as tough but that 3 is TT and they would be a bad matchup for Tennessee
Again Woffard is prob tougher than Cincy and Huston prob tougher than Purdue.

That only thing Cincy has that could give Tennessee problems is their rebounding...... but their O is not good.

Get off that ledge....... Mich as a 2 will see a 3 that is prob better than they are.

Cincy is probably better than a 7 seed, but they are a good matchup. They play defense and not very dynamic offensively. It’s a good matchup for us.

Well I respect your post here more than just about anyone's.

Let's go!!!!

Really to drop some $$$ in Louisville

We wouldn't face Pearl and Auburn until the final 4. Hope this helps.
If we did they would hammer our azzes again. Auburn beats us 10 outta 10 times. Its a horrible match up for us. We beat Kentucky though...which is cool.

If we did they would hammer our azzes again. Auburn beats us 10 outta 10 times. Its a horrible match up for us. We beat Kentucky though...which is cool.

Wow Auburn has destroyed you soul I think.
There is ZERO teams in the SEC that would beat Tennessee 10 out of 10 times........ maybe not anyone in the country. Miss ST is as good a 3 point team as is Auburn, KY is a MUCH better D team than Aub..... heck we are much better than Aub (D efficiency).

What is the bad match up part? Aub is not a good rebounding team, they are not a great D team....... they just happened to do both well today.
If it’s just the “3” thing Tennessee has seen several of those and beaten them. Not saying the 3 doesn’t give Tennessee problems, as it does...... but I don’t see how Auburn is simply a bad matchup.

Don't have to mess with Duke and Zion until the final game.

Everyone else in the field is beatable.

Climb down.

Great draw. Virginia is easy. Purdue is soft. We too nasty for them.

Columbus followed by Louisville. Cinny has no D, so that isn't too bad.

And we get to warm up with Colgate. Crest beat them in the regular season.
But didn't Colgate lose to Aim during the regular season?

I posted in another forum that I misjudged the market for tickets. I drove up with my 8 year old son, and tickets were $200-$500 a piece. I think there was one I saw sold by a UK fan at $300 for two.

I just wasn’t interested in spending that kind of coin. I would have paid $100 a piece.

I guess I have been out of the ticket game for a while. Those prices seem like high level football games to me, not basketball. There were also many more UT fans looking for tickets than I expected.
Yeah we paid $400 for 2 for the MSU game and the. $600 for 2 for the UK game. It was outrageous, but we were already there so just went through with it.

Lots of the potential schools we will play are excellent 3 point shooting teams, Purdue, Virginia. Some are great at the offensive boards, Cincy (who is playing a little more than an hour from campus). Villanova is always scary. I see a good bit of trouble in this bracket for the Vols. But on paper, wins and losses, (eye test ranking) etc... this looks like a good bracket. It's just got some real hard matchups for our own particular weaknesses.

I'm just afraid somebody gets real hot from 3, and we start turning the ball over on some guard heavy teams. Auburn basically wrote the script on how you beat the Vols. But if we somehow make it to the Final 4, I sorta like our chances. We play the best against bigger (and maybe slower) teams, especially if we play with passion. This team is passionate (maybe too much so) and tends to play matching the moment and their emotion. That's one reason I think they have trouble putting teams away (until late in the 2nd half), they seem to lose interest. Sometimes it lasts for most of the game.

I see Purdue as the team that could really give this squad fits. Excellent shooters and hard rebounders. Virginia is tough, especially on some key matchups, but I think their slow style of play keeps us in the game. When not turning the ball over, we can put up some serious points. We don't live on the offensive glass, so in a game with few possessions, if we shoot well, those points may be enough. And if we make it through that gauntlet, I know it sounds crazy, but I actually like our chances better against the Duke's, North Carolina's and Gonzaga's of this tournament.

I have moved on

I hate the draw.

Make me feel better
They said in the pairing's last night that Cincy could be 4 or 5 seed and should of been. UK got the easiest draw but then again they're UK, go figure huh.

Wow Auburn has destroyed you soul I think.
There is ZERO teams in the SEC that would beat Tennessee 10 out of 10 times........ maybe not anyone in the country. Miss ST is as good a 3 point team as is Auburn, KY is a MUCH better D team than Aub..... heck we are much better than Aub (D efficiency).

What is the bad match up part? Aub is not a good rebounding team, they are not a great D team....... they just happened to do both well today.
If it’s just the “3” thing Tennessee has seen several of those and beaten them. Not saying the 3 doesn’t give Tennessee problems, as it does...... but I don’t see how Auburn is simply a bad matchup.
Bruce Pearl would absolutely beat barns in Tennessee 100 times out of 100. This team does not get motivated to play Auburn. If they were not motivated to play them for the championship twice in one week then they won't be motivated to play them in the final four. People don't like hearing this because it's the truth. I'm not here to make friends. I will state what I believe to be the truth. If they had won this tournament improved that they wanted to have a special season I would have a whole different attitude. But when you hear players after the game saying Auburn wanted it more and we didn't really care because we were looking forward to another tournament oh, that's a big problem for me. And my opinion is just as valid as anyone.

Bruce Pearl would absolutely beat barns in Tennessee 100 times out of 100. This team does not get motivated to play Auburn. If they were not motivated to play them for the championship twice in one week then they won't be motivated to play them in the final four. People don't like hearing this because it's the truth. I'm not here to make friends. I will state what I believe to be the truth. If they had won this tournament improved that they wanted to have a special season I would have a whole different attitude. But when you hear players after the game saying Auburn wanted it more and we didn't really care because we were looking forward to another tournament oh, that's a big problem for me. And my opinion is just as valid as anyone.
Tennessee will be in the Final Four while I think North Carolina knocks out Auburn in the Sweet 16

They said in the pairing's last night that Cincy could be 4 or 5 seed and should of been. UK got the easiest draw but then again they're UK, go figure huh.

Maybe it’s just me but I think Wofford is a better team than Cincy. Purdue can beat decent teams but struggles vs good teams, Huston has beaten LSU and are at least just as good if not better than Purdue..... and Iowa ST while they can lose to a lot of teams can beat real good teams.
I am not sure why some think TENN got a bad draw.

Don't have to mess with Duke and Zion until the final game.

Everyone else in the field is beatable.

Climb down.

Great draw. Virginia is easy. Purdue is soft. We too nasty for them.

Columbus followed by Louisville. Cinny has no D, so that isn't too bad.

And we get to warm up with Colgate. Crest beat them in the regular season.
Cinny has no C either...
🤪
Smarta$$ IMO.
GBO!!

Your opinion is certainly valid but I highly doubt even you think Aub would beat Tennessee 100 out of 100 times. No team would do that, there may not be anyone who wold beat Tennessee 10 out of 10 and it certainly would not be Auburn.

Tennessee played without effort once this year and it cost them...... if they had done it all year then maybe you would have a better argument but yesterday was the only game thay had played like that. Sure there were games they didn’t ply well or didn’t have enough effort or whatever, but only one game like yesterday. So that would be just shy of 3%....... so why would you or anyone think it would keep happening?

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Your opinion is certainly valid but I highly doubt even you think Aub would beat Tennessee 100 out of 100 times. No team would do that, there may not be anyone who wold beat Tennessee 10 out of 10 and it certainly would not be Auburn.

Tennessee played without effort once this year and it cost them...... if they had done it all year then maybe you would have a better argument but yesterday was the only game thay had played like that. Sure there were games they didn’t ply well or didn’t have enough effort or whatever, but only one game like yesterday. So that would be just shy of 3%....... so why would you or anyone think it would keep happening?
I understand what you're saying. The why would you pick the most important game up to this point to not show up and not play your best. It wasn't just a matter of them loosen it was a matter of not really caring. The reason I'm concerned it will continue if you couldn't get up for this game with the Revenge factor and the championship and a number one seed on the line, it gives me very little confidence that their attitude will be better going forward. It was just too big of a game to just brush it under the table

VN Store

Back