Talk me off the ledge

Your opinion is certainly valid but I highly doubt even you think Aub would beat Tennessee 100 out of 100 times. No team would do that, there may not be anyone who wold beat Tennessee 10 out of 10 and it certainly would not be Auburn.

Tennessee played without effort once this year and it cost them...... if they had done it all year then maybe you would have a better argument but yesterday was the only game thay had played like that. Sure there were games they didn’t ply well or didn’t have enough effort or whatever, but only one game like yesterday. So that would be just shy of 3%....... so why would you or anyone think it would keep happening?
Do yourself a favor and search his posts. React accordingly to your own modus operandi. I had no inkling of him before...and won’t forevermore. 😎

I think Iowa has a real shot against Cincy. I would not at all be surprised if we never saw Cincy.

Colgate has a good 3pt percentage, and they make about 9 a game.....they aren't Auburn. Their offense is completely reliant on the big Greek kid (#25) in the post and Jordan Burns. There is not a player on their team that would start at most SEC schools. Fulkerson is considerably better than their big man. They are slow in transition. I could see us winning this by 20+, and it could get uglier than that, because even after we pull the starters, we are still a better team. I think Bowden, Johnson, Pons, Walker and Fulky would be picked to win by 10.

Congrats to the Raiders for their Patriot League Title, but Tennessee is just going to be WAY too much for them. Still.....they are playing basketball in late March.....and every team should be proud of that.

I understand what you're saying. The why would you pick the most important game up to this point to not show up and not play your best. It wasn't just a matter of them loosen it was a matter of not really caring. The reason I'm concerned it will continue if you couldn't get up for this game with the Revenge factor and the championship and a number one seed on the line, it gives me very little confidence that their attitude will be better going forward. It was just too big of a game to just brush it under the table

Now that certainly makes sense. But I really wouldn’t worry about that in another game...... as Barnes will certainly be calling them out and they do have good team leadership...... and they are probably calling themselves out. I really think they thought they had already won the championship by beating KY and they would get it by merely showing up. I feel it is always best not to worry about the unknown...... I mean why worry about something that hasn’t happened yet or might not even happen. Best in this case to worry about matchups and stuff that one knows will happen.

If this team is truly a Final Four level team, theyll win. If not... they werent as good as we hoped. If they cant beat Cincy, in a win-or-go-home scenario, were they really THAT good?

Reactions: JohnnyJava
No I am not talking about the game today.
I have moved on

I think we got a horrible draw for a 2 seed.
I think Cincy is damn good( the best team of the 6/7 seeds) and if we are lucky enough to advance the national champ awaits.

I hate the draw.

Make me feel better

Well the first 7 minutes of this game sure doesn't get me off the ledge.

Cincy looks like a 3 seed so far

This thread is why, although I'm jealous of you having a legit shot this year, in a way its better to be like a UF fan this year. Two weeks ago we were on the bubble and lose to UGA and on a lot of first four out lines. But we got in, won a game. If we lose tomorrow we go, meh, we overachieved. Proud of them.

But when you are really good, and have a FF team like you guys do this year, man it can be nerve racking!

Reactions: VolDave53
Just take the points against TN as a favorite, and you will have a way to buy plenty of $200 champagne with which you can celebrate or drown your sorrows. Works like a charm in all sports, all the time (do it legally, of course.) Opponent irrelevant. Only TN would benefit from the other team's best player having a jammed contact. Let no win be without controversy.

I think Iowa has a real shot against Cincy. I would not at all be surprised if we never saw Cincy.

Colgate has a good 3pt percentage, and they make about 9 a game.....they aren't Auburn. Their offense is completely reliant on the big Greek kid (#25) in the post and Jordan Burns. There is not a player on their team that would start at most SEC schools. Fulkerson is considerably better than their big man. They are slow in transition. I could see us winning this by 20+, and it could get uglier than that, because even after we pull the starters, we are still a better team. I think Bowden, Johnson, Pons, Walker and Fulky would be picked to win by 10.

Congrats to the Raiders for their Patriot League Title, but Tennessee is just going to be WAY too much for them. Still.....they are playing basketball in late March.....and every team should be proud of that.
Correction. Burns could start at almost every SEC school. KY might be the exception but that kid is good.

This thread is why, although I'm jealous of you having a legit shot this year, in a way its better to be like a UF fan this year. Two weeks ago we were on the bubble and lose to UGA and on a lot of first four out lines. But we got in, won a game. If we lose tomorrow we go, meh, we overachieved. Proud of them.

But when you are really good, and have a FF team like you guys do this year, man it can be nerve racking!

If you lose tomorrow you 110% underachieved this year. Very subpar year so far

Subpar players will do that to you. Give us 2 years with players we have coming in.

Well your coach recruited them and hasn't developed them. He plays a very boring style and if he doesn't win today this year was a big failure for you guys. Either way the regular season was very subpar

VN Store

Back