Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.8%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 28.0%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 57 33.9%

• Total voters
Yeah, they're relishing the fact they re-conquered the country. No doubt. Their interests are one of taking over the country, which has basically succeeded. The United States is leaving.

Why do something that increases the chances the United States returns to the country? This one event is not going to do that by itself, but it does not serve their interests to go down that path.

If our government couldn't legitimately accomplish anything worthwhile in the previous 20 years in Afghanistan, they aren't going back in outside of drone strikes or air strikes in the event of another terrorist attack similar to 9/11. The Taliban is completely in the driver's seat. They have nothing to lose. They would simply wait us out again in the event that we were dumb enough to reinvade

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Here's the problem...

We should never, and I repeat NEVER, should have depended that long on the good graces of the Taliban to "allow" our people to get out. We should not have been behind the walls of the airport waiting for them to come to us. Those Airborne Troopers should have been going out, collecting Americans waiting, taking them to the airport, strapping their ass in a seat and getting them the hell out.

With the numbers we've gotten out, we should have been done, repeating DONE with the evac of US citizens days, even a week ago. But this Administration decided to use them as human shields trying to get out others first. Pardon my nationalistic approach, but you save your own damn citizens first and then you worry about getting the rest out.

Not a tough call at all. The Biden Admin just gambled with the lives of Americans they should have gotten out a long time ago. Now Americans are dead because of it and the blood is on his hands.

I was referring to what we do now, given the circumstances. Was hoping to leave the blame game until later as I doubt very seriously anyone trying to get out of Afghanistan is particularly interested in that.

Two months ago this situation was contained. Two months later we are in a much worse situation than anyone could've expected. You have to be a complete f-up to make this happen. We can't just put this on Biden. It's on everyone behind the scenes associated with him including the congress AS WELL AS THE VOTERS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wireless1
If our government couldn't legitimately accomplish anything worthwhile in the previous 20 years in Afghanistan, they aren't going back in outside of drone strikes or air strikes in the event of another terrorist attack similar to 9/11. The Taliban is completely in the driver's seat. They have nothing to lose. They would simply wait us out again in the event that we were dumb enough to reinvade
That's kind of my point. The Taliban does not want US involvement of any kind in Afghanistan. A sustained droning campaign alone could probably drive them back into the caves for a while and impact their ability to control the country. And orchestrating or letting a suicide attack occur against US forces on their way out just increases the chances of that.

You already have calls from NatSec establishment types floating the idea of going back in there with Special Forces and the like.

It's obvious to me that we need to send troops in and properly withdraw those that need to leave, and if that takes longer than August 31 then the Taliban can kiss our ass. Leaving our allies behind is not an answer and will damage our reputation long term.

I’m really torn on this. How many more of our troops need to be killed or maimed due to incompetence at the highest levels?

Us military death toll rises to 10.
Oh my freaking God. This is an absolute disaster and it’s still unfolding.

And I made a post earlier on 1/2% deaths/casualties which was incorrect. It’s below 1% I was off by a factor of 10 so to correct that.

This is still 10 too many and absolutely needless.

Famous last words …

"Oh, there is," Biden said when asked about "pandemonium" near the airport by Stephanopoulos. "But, look – but no one's being killed right now, God forgive me if I'm wrong about that, but no one's being killed right now."

Famous last words …

"Oh, there is," Biden said when asked about "pandemonium" near the airport by Stephanopoulos. "But, look – but no one's being killed right now, God forgive me if I'm wrong about that, but no one's being killed right now."
I’m guessing God has no desire to speak with him either right now.

I’m really torn on this. How many more of our troops need to be killed or maimed due to incompetence at the highest levels?

Without a doubt, it isn't right to ask another man to die for utter stupidity. Send Biden over there with an angry letter, and let Kamala Harris skowl at them during a press conference. I have no doubt the Taliban will drop all weapons and surrender immediately. It's almost as if we find the dumbest 10-12 people in the government and ask them to come up with the worst idea possible, then go with it.

Nikki Haley, other Republicans Call For Biden's Resignation or Impeachment After Attack At Kabul Airport

'Joe Biden has blood on his hands,' Rep. Elise Stefanik said

A long list of GOP politicians are calling for President Biden to either be impeached or resign from office after the deadly attack on Harmid Karzai International Airport in Afghanistan.

Nikki Haley, former ambassador to the United Nations, called for Biden's resignation but worried about leaving Vice President Kamala Harris in charge.

"Should Biden step down or be removed for his handling of Afghanistan? Yes," she tweeted. "But that would leave us with Kamala Harris which would be ten times worse. God help us."

"If President Trump can be impeached over a phone call, then the time has come to IMPEACH Biden for gross negligence in Afghanistan," said Rep. Ronny Jackson, R-Texas.

Nikki Haley, other Republicans call for Biden's resignation or impeachment after attack at Kabul airport

Am I the only one that wonders if the people in charge, on both sides, throw crap at a board just to see how much the general public will take?

It's possible the big wigs are thinking this way, but the fact that there's gunfire very close to the airport indicates someone is trying to start something. I figured they would stay on the outskirts but they've rolled right into the city. The presidential palace is three miles from the airport, it seems like there's nothing stopping them from camping the airport and doing something awful.
I member.

VN Store

Back