The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

Audio did not work on the Youtube live stream. Feel bad for whoever catches it on that one. We surfed the channels and watched the commercials on broadcast TV. Not trading my rubicon for one but they did look like fun. I did get a laugh out of the country music commercial for the four-door Bronco where they guy is standing around a campfire in the woods strumming on a $4,000 Gibson Hummingbird.

Slow start for me. Only 2 out so far. Hopefully I can get some out this week

Everytime I think of a Car Salesman, I think about the Family Guy Hurricane Insurance Salesman.

If i did it, id want to open my own lot(s). As that goes, it'll never happen. Too many up and gone in the night.

Everytime I think of a Car Salesman, I think about the Family Guy Hurricane Insurance Salesman.

If i did it, id want to open my own lot(s). As that goes, it'll never happen. Too many up and gone in the night.

Dealerships are a lot more expensive to operate than most people realize.

One that won't cost much, won't make much.

Dealerships are a lot more expensive to operate than most people realize.

One that won't cost much, won't make much.
I call on a lot of them. They have a lot of staff, ergo overhead.

From IT persp., all big dealers are required to run min bandwidth and stipulated by Brand to provide X, y, and z to clients in precise fashion. I know we've run direct FO to most or all in this area. That can be in thounsands monthly.

Reactions: txbo
I call on a lot of them. They have a lot of staff, ergo overhead.

From IT persp., all big dealers are required to run min bandwidth and stipulated by Brand to provide X, y, and z to clients in precise fashion. I know we've run direct FO to most or all in this area. That can be in thounsands monthly.

True. Data processing is expensive but it's not anywhere near the top of expense categories for a dealership.

YV, I'm throwing this out there just to throw it out there...

I'm a big fan of the Nissan Frontier. On my 3rd one, a 2015 PRO-4X. All I've ever done is pump gas and do regular routine maintenance. Very, very reliable platform.

So supposedly Nissan is doing a big upgrade/redesign for the 2021 model year. I'm interested. If all goes according to plan, I'll retire in the next 5-6 years, and it would be nice to not have a truck payment when I do. So, I'm looking at getting a '21 when they roll out.

However, if they end up looking like an "overinflated Tonka toy", which IMO is what the (overpriced) Tacoma looks like, then I'd be willing to look at a Colorado or Canyon.

So...in your opinion, if it came to that, which is the better choice? I'll need 4WD and a decent nav / entertainment package.

I'll hang up and listen.

YV, I'm throwing this out there just to throw it out there...

I'm a big fan of the Nissan Frontier. On my 3rd one, a 2015 PRO-4X. All I've ever done is pump gas and do regular routine maintenance. Very, very reliable platform.

So supposedly Nissan is doing a big upgrade/redesign for the 2021 model year. I'm interested. If all goes according to plan, I'll retire in the next 5-6 years, and it would be nice to not have a truck payment when I do. So, I'm looking at getting a '21 when they roll out.

However, if they end up looking like an "overinflated Tonka toy", which IMO is what the (overpriced) Tacoma looks like, then I'd be willing to look at a Colorado or Canyon.

So...in your opinion, if it came to that, which is the better choice? I'll need 4WD and a decent nav / entertainment package.

I'll hang up and listen.
It basically comes down to which one you think looks better. It's the same truck really. The Colorado will be cheaper (GMC is the "higher" brand in the chain). You qualify for supplier pricing being a first responder.

Embedded NAV is pointless with all Chevy's coming with Apple Car Play and Android Auto.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
YV - Question for you.

I will be in the market for a new Mazda6 this Fall. Their 2021 models haven't come out yet but from the reviews that I have read, it doesn't look like there will be any major changes from the 2020 models. If I want to get a 2020 model, is it better to wait until the 2021's are out or better to look/negotiate now?

VN Store

Back