The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

I had to go in for service two weekends ago and the local Jeep dealership lot was half empty. They told me they had been cleaned out, mostly online sales.

A co worker recently purchased a vehicle from a local dealer. She showed me the deal sheet. They had their $600 doc fee AND they had a $900 "1st place finish" free which apparently was just a wash/wax/vacuum. Blew my mind. No way in hell I would pay that.

Reactions: Grudenator and tbh
A co worker recently purchased a vehicle from a local dealer. She showed me the deal sheet. They had their $600 doc fee AND they had a $900 "1st place finish" free which apparently was just a wash/wax/vacuum. Blew my mind. No way in hell I would pay that.

900 bucks is absurd...I'm with you on that one for sure. "1st place finish"...I'll take a DNQ, and run it down to the 3-minute touchless wash place, thankya very much.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
She probably paid the asking price to lol or $1500 less than the asking price

Tried to talk her out of it. Even showed her different cars that were much better deals. You know how women can be, if they like something they like it and that's that.
Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.I see alot of people make horrible decisions on vehicle purchases. If you try and rationalize why they do what they do. It will drive you bat shizz crazy

Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.I see alot of people make horrible decisions on vehicle purchases. If you try and rationalize why they do what they do. It will drive you bat shizz crazy
I've had customers with payments higher than my mortgage (when I had one)

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad and tn4elvis
Funny thing about yesterday. I took a Scion Xb in trade and sold a Scion Xb as well

I've had customers with payments higher than my mortgage (when I had one)
That's pretty routine now. I routinely have customer leave with payments higher than 1k a month .Its crazy

Reactions: McDad
I’m in the market but not sure exactly what I want. Leaning heavily toward F-150 ‘16 or later. Haven’t ruled out a newer model Ranger or Colorado. I’ve also been looking at some of the compact SUVs like CR-V and MX-5. I could go up to $20k cash and that would cover a nice SUV but I know as soon as I do I’ll wish I had gotten a truck even though that will leave me with some sort of payment.

Reactions: tn4elvis
The number of married people on this forum are proof of that

Reactions: YankeeVol and McDad
I’m in the market but not sure exactly what I want. Leaning heavily toward F-150 ‘16 or later. Haven’t ruled out a newer model Ranger or Colorado. I’ve also been looking at some of the compact SUVs like CR-V and MX-5. I could go up to $20k cash and that would cover a nice SUV but I know as soon as I do I’ll wish I had gotten a truck even though that will leave me with some sort of payment.
I've been in the Ford business for 30 years. Let me know if I can help.

Reactions: C-south
I think that's the first Saturday I didn't sell anything

VN Store

Back