The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

I got offered a position at a Subaru dealership, when this Covid outbreak is over. How are you liking your gig so far, Yank?

Pro-tip: try to avoid spitting tobacco juice around my children if you are showing us a car. Or, maybe save the dip for lunch break or the way home. (This happened at the local Chevy dealer when we were shopping last year, and my wife insisted on leaving immediately.)

Pro-tip: try to avoid spitting tobacco juice around my children if you are showing us a car. Or, maybe save the dip for lunch break or the way home. (This happened at the local Chevy dealer when we were shopping last year, and my wife insisted on leaving immediately.)
There is a local Ford dealer here that gave me this line when we told him we were just looking right now: “You don’t go to Walmart to just look at watermelons, you go there to buy one”. He was standing at the door putting some pressure on us. Told him we had to go, and just walked on by. Don’t know about you all, but I thump my watermelons to make sure they are to my liking.

There is a local Ford dealer here that gave me this line when we told him we were just looking right now: “You don’t go to Walmart to just look at watermelons, you go there to buy one”. He was standing at the door putting some pressure on us. Told him we had to go, and just walked on by. Don’t know about you all, but I thump my watermelons to make sure they are to my liking.
Bad answer, but my first advice to a shopper is don’t say, “just looking.”

Bad answer, but my first advice to a shopper is don’t say, “just looking.”
I wasn’t shopping though. I told him we were not buying anytime soon, we just wanted to browse the cars to get an idea of what we may want in the future. I was trying not to waste his time upfront.

I wasn’t shopping though. I told him we were not buying anytime soon, we just wanted to browse the cars to get an idea of what we may want in the future. I was trying not to waste his time upfront.
Sure, I understand. It’s just a response that all sales people hate to hear.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Sure, I understand. It’s just a response that all sales people hate to hear.
Oh I’m sure. I understood where he was coming from, I just didn’t like his analogy. Which is why I didn’t get mad, I just wanted out of the door.

I got offered a position at a Subaru dealership, when this Covid outbreak is over. How are you liking your gig so far, Yank?
I like it. But I don’t mind just shooting the s***.

I thought it was pretty funny. Not the most professional, but funny.
Here's a good one:

Years ago, we were trying to come to grips with the fact that we needed a minivan. My pregnant wife was sitting in the driver's seat at Westside Honda, and the salesman leans in the window and says, "It shore ain't sexy, but it's as handy as a pocket on a shirt."

Question for the sales folks, how long does it usually take for a vin to be issued for ordered vehicles? My situation, order a superduty mid feb and they said order was accepted but I haven't got so much as a vin yet. I know the plant is shutdown right now but seems like there should have been some movement with the order prior to that

VN Store

Back