Take it for what it’s worth & don’t shoot the messenger.

I believe it. Think we lead for Nico, maguoia, tate, Bradley. Deep In the mix for burley, seldon, Akana.

That would be great OP. It’s nice being able to compete for these guys again.

Any NIL help along the way is more than welcome.

The recruits can see the validity of this offense...And the defense will improve too...Who are some of these big names, and when can we expect them?
Get here before the door closes....
65xcqr.gif

Had the opportunity to sit down with a friend today that I had not seen or spoken to in several months. He is an avid Tennessee fan, alumnus & donates significant dollars. He was telling me about a meet and greet he attended with some of the Spyre Sports Group folks. He was told that Tennessee would sign between 4 and 6 Five Star players in this year’s signing class. There may be some truth to this based on reports of some 5* guys trending to the VOLS. I will be curious to see how this prediction plays out.

Thoughts?????
Surely we can find someone to shoot the messenger. Anybody got a squirt gun?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Spare can’t be involved until AFTER the athlete is signed.
Hardly. That's not how Nico worked.

It's just that for most prospects (doesn't apply to California and a few other states) they can't accept an NIL deal until they're an SA. Spyre can still talk to them.

Reactions: BoroVolFan
Fwiw VolQuest (both guys agreed) said this defensive class will be even better than the offensive class.

The ceiling of this defensive class is absurd.

I know Heupel proved himself a great recruiter at UCF, but now...with Garner...NIL...Nico...we're going to be elite.

Good gosh. Imagine the tax burden! (Fed AND state)
A player can establish residency in Tennessee, expecially since he is providing over half of his own annual support.

Take a deep breath lol.

Besides, any tax burden is only a proportion of said income. They all have the appropriate money to pay any taxes, like anyone else. No need to worry about them. UT also has entire curriculum for NIL business and situations. They'll know way more about business, marketing, and taxes than most adults lol.

They'll be reminded 4 times a year to pay their quarterly taxes...no one will reach mid April and suddenly be reminded to pay a year's worth of backtaxes...we're well ahead of this. And even if not?? Well you face a basic (and reasonable) interest penalty on unpaid taxes. It's honestly not that big of a deal 😂

Fwiw VolQuest (both guys agreed) said this defensive class will be even better than the offensive class.

The ceiling of this defensive class is absurd.

I know Heupel proved himself a great recruiter at UCF, but now...with Garner...NIL...Nico...we're going to be elite.
I refuse to get my hopes up.

A player can establish residency in Tennessee, expecially since he is providing over half of his own annual support.

Take a deep breath lol.

Besides, any tax burden is only a proportion of said income. They all have the appropriate money to pay any taxes, like anyone else. No need to worry about them. UT also has entire curriculum for NIL business and situations. They'll know way more about business, marketing, and taxes than most adults lol.

They'll be reminded 4 times a year to pay their quarterly taxes...no one will reach mid April and suddenly be reminded to pay a year's worth of backtaxes...we're well ahead of this. And even if not?? Well you face a basic (and reasonable) interest penalty on unpaid taxes. It's honestly not that big of a deal 😂
UT was a lot farther ahead on this than most fans.

Take a deep breath lol.

Good for them.

I am trying really hard to not get too excited about this years recruiting class, but this makes me feel a little fuzzy inside.

If this is true and I hope it is then I wish they would already announce it so they can help persuade more 5 star and highly ranked 4 star players.

Reactions: BoroVolFan
Had the opportunity to sit down with a friend today that I had not seen or spoken to in several months. He is an avid Tennessee fan, alumnus & donates significant dollars. He was telling me about a meet and greet he attended with some of the Spyre Sports Group folks. He was told that Tennessee would sign between 4 and 6 Five Star players in this year’s signing class. There may be some truth to this based on reports of some 5* guys trending to the VOLS. I will be curious to see how this prediction plays out.

Thoughts?????

Only 4-6? WTF are they doing? Lol

I don't get the "shoot the messenger " thing. What am I missing?

Lmao! Whenever a thread title contains "take it for what it's worth" or "don't shoot the messenger", you can rest assured that it's probably not going to end well. In this case, both statements are in the same thread title.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Lmao! Whenever a thread title contains "take it for what it's worth" or "don't shoot the messenger", you can rest assured that it's probably not going to end well. In this case, both statements are in the same thread title.

Yep, this board has a tendency to devour their own rather than engage in meaningful discussions 😳😳

I think I am a significant donor! I went to one of UT's games with three other people.

I told them I would buy everyone a Coke. The total charge damn near boke me!

Thoughts?????

I think between four and six is five.

Nico
Tate
Mauigoa
Bradley
Seldon
Burley
Akana
M’Pemba
Mitchell
————
Nico we have
the next three I would say 75% ours
Seldon, Burley at 50%
The last three are long shots

If Tate were on board already, I would concede that there was a plausible chance that we picked up a 3rd just from the momentum of the class. Everyone wants to surround themselves with winners. But with Tate still holding out on making a commitment, I fear that other potential guys are not going to lock in on us and shop around until something better catches their eye. If we have a great year next year and all doubt about the direction of the program is removed, then next year we could see 3-4 5 stars. CJH's offense will have to prove that the points/stats put up last year weren't fluke. do it again and or improve on those stats this year and kids looking to get the best chance of having gaudy stats will want to be here.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
If Tate were on board already, I would concede that there was a plausible chance that we picked up a 3rd just from the momentum of the class. Everyone wants to surround themselves with winners. But with Tate still holding out on making a commitment, I fear that other potential guys are not going to lock in on us and shop around until something better catches their eye. If we have a great year next year and all doubt about the direction of the program is removed, then next year we could see 3-4 5 stars. CJH's offense will have to prove that the points/stats put up last year weren't fluke. do it again and or improve on those stats this year and kids looking to get the best chance of having gaudy stats will want to be here.
Tate is announcing within a couple of days and most likely for us. Next month per AP will be several commitments for UT. This offense is not a fluke, it’s already proven before it was brought to UT. It’s time to be optimistic about recruiting because UT has been trending

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Tate is announcing within a couple of days and most likely for us. Next month per AP will be several commitments for UT. This offense is not a fluke, it’s already proven before it was brought to UT. It’s time to be optimistic about recruiting because UT has been trending
Thanks Bulls Gap, but I only rely on information from Bucksnort.

Reactions: BullsGap

VN Store

Back