Take it for what it’s worth & don’t shoot the messenger.

The ole “friend of a friend heard about it” huh? Lol. Well without being an alumnus with inside intel it looks completely possible for us ti sign 4-6 five star kids and end up with a top 3 class. This is of course all because of NIL. Just as A&M took advantage last year we are obviously doing the same thing. It’s amazing for us and college football in general to get some more of those elite kids to choose schools other than Bama and Georgia. Eventually Bama and Georgia will jump on the NIL bandwagon and we’ll see what happens. But for now it is an incredible opportunity for us that we seem to be taking full advantage of. Give props to Danny white and Josh Heupel. Good times ahead!!!

Bama and UGA already have kids with NIL. Will they have a “collective” by next year? Most likely.

My take is this all shakes out in the long run. A good athlete is going to get a a quality NIL deal at any of the traditional powerhouse schools. Just like they always were under the table.

This QB that is supposedly getting some huge pay day could have gotten the same deal at 10-15 other schools. He picked TN because Liked the coaches and and the atmosphere.

It will all shake out in the end. Same as it ever was but out in the open.

Had the opportunity to sit down with a friend today that I had not seen or spoken to in several months. He is an avid Tennessee fan, alumnus & donates significant dollars. He was telling me about a meet and greet he attended with some of the Spyre Sports Group folks. He was told that Tennessee would sign between 4 and 6 Five Star players in this year’s signing class. There may be some truth to this based on reports of some 5* guys trending to the VOLS. I will be curious to see how this prediction plays out.

Thoughts?????
Nico, Tate, and Mauigoa are in the boat or close to it. Those are three right three. We lead for Bradley and are in it for Burley as well although Clemson leads there. Sheldon is another one where we’re in the top two. A lot of four stars that are on the cusp also like T Parker we lead for.

Reactions: BoroVolFan
I believe. 😂

Idk if we sign all those kids but I absolutely guarantee Spyre has talked to a lot of these kids. Idk if anyone noticed but we just had one of the biggest recruiting weekends in a couple of decades over Memorial Day weekend.

Does anyone find it hard to believe that Spyre is telling big donors that we’re lined up to have a historic class?

Great news if that's even a good possibility. Some of our fans bristle over mentions of Spyre but UT is playing within the rules as they now stand. That's exactly what we should do. Cheating has been tolerated for generations and now people suddenly get uncomfortable with open business arrangements?

I didn't like NIL to start with. I still have some worries. But given a choice between a guy being able to sell his own NIL OR paying players directly for playing a "amateur" sport for scholarship... I'll take the first every time.

The main thing I like about NIL is the potential you mentioned. For the longest time, a handful of teams got the best recruits each year and the same or a slightly different group were the only ones with a legit shot at winning the BCS. Whereas that group may have been 5 or so before... now it will be any program with supporters willing to buy cookies from a particular bakery or have their car serviced at a particular dealership because they support certain athletes.

Play within the rules and take every advantage you can. For years, the "winners" have played outside the rules and taken every advantage they could with the NCAA looking the other way unless it had no choice.
Here here!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who is Spry Sports Administrative Assistant and she stated that not less than (17) 5 stars will sign with UT this cycle and the Illuminati have pinged UT to win a Natty this season!

Blue

Reactions: VolunteerCeltic
Bama and UGA already have kids with NIL. Will they have a “collective” by next year? Most likely.

My take is this all shakes out in the long run. A good athlete is going to get a a quality NIL deal at any of the traditional powerhouse schools. Just like they always were under the table.

This QB that is supposedly getting some huge pay day could have gotten the same deal at 10-15 other schools. He picked TN because Liked the coaches and and the atmosphere.

It will all shake out in the end. Same as it ever was but out in the open.

I see your point, but frankly the effect is that the schools with 'illegal' collectives under the old system (aka the entire State of Alabubba, georgia, etc) will now have to contend with above the table, legitimate collectives from schools that pushed the limits, but outright sucked at it when it was not allowed (Slingblade McGump says hi) or didn't enjoy the 'darling' treatment from their league and the NCAA like Bama, uga, OSU, etc did.

I think Tennessee benefits from the change, at least initially. And I have a feeling that White and Heupel realize the window that has been opened, and won't fart it away like others in those jobs have done.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I believe. 😂

Idk if we sign all those kids but I absolutely guarantee Spyre has talked to a lot of these kids. Idk if anyone noticed but we just had one of the biggest recruiting weekends in a couple of decades over Memorial Day weekend.

Does anyone find it hard to believe that Spyre is telling big donors that we’re lined up to have a historic class?

That’s exactly who they need to be telling. Keep those coffers full. But ya gotta make good on those promises.

Take it for what it’s worth & don’t shoot the messenger.

Did not participate in the Gruden threads.
SHOOTS HORSE OUT FROM UNDER MESSENGER AS A WARNING.

You walk on back and tell your people at Spyre we expect names followed by "Soon" as a reassurance.

If nothing else those Gruden threads established protocols for sharing insider information.

I will neither confirm nor deny I took a shot at the messenger but missed.

Seriously though, that would be great...anything over 4 or 5 five stars is big time recruiting!

Here's to it happening. Go Vols!

I'm supposed to be lamenting more 5 star type players signing with UT? I could give 5 rats bedonka donks why or who paid who when why or how. That's not how our primary competition has played the game nor should we. If it's "make it rain" "mo money, mo money mo money" then so %$#@ing be it! Beat Bama, gatas, and dawgs!!!

VN Store

Back