Take it for what it’s worth & don’t shoot the messenger.

BoroVolFan

Had the opportunity to sit down with a friend today that I had not seen or spoken to in several months. He is an avid Tennessee fan, alumnus & donates significant dollars. He was telling me about a meet and greet he attended with some of the Spyre Sports Group folks. He was told that Tennessee would sign between 4 and 6 Five Star players in this year’s signing class. There may be some truth to this based on reports of some 5* guys trending to the VOLS. I will be curious to see how this prediction plays out.

Thoughts?????

Had the opportunity to sit down with a friend today that I had not seen or spoken to in several months. He is an avid Tennessee fan, alumnus & donates significant dollars. He was telling me about a meet and greet he attended with some of the Spyre Sports Group folks. He was told that Tennessee would sign between 4 and 6 Five Star players in this year’s signing class. There may be some truth to this based on reports of some 5* guys trending to the VOLS. I will be curious to see how this prediction plays out.

Thoughts?????
Why would you even bring that stuff to the board? Leave Spyre out of it. If we sign them, we sign them.

Thoughts?????
Great news if that's even a good possibility. Some of our fans bristle over mentions of Spyre but UT is playing within the rules as they now stand. That's exactly what we should do. Cheating has been tolerated for generations and now people suddenly get uncomfortable with open business arrangements?

I didn't like NIL to start with. I still have some worries. But given a choice between a guy being able to sell his own NIL OR paying players directly for playing a "amateur" sport for scholarship... I'll take the first every time.

The main thing I like about NIL is the potential you mentioned. For the longest time, a handful of teams got the best recruits each year and the same or a slightly different group were the only ones with a legit shot at winning the BCS. Whereas that group may have been 5 or so before... now it will be any program with supporters willing to buy cookies from a particular bakery or have their car serviced at a particular dealership because they support certain athletes.

Play within the rules and take every advantage you can. For years, the "winners" have played outside the rules and taken every advantage they could with the NCAA looking the other way unless it had no choice.

The ole “friend of a friend heard about it” huh? Lol. Well without being an alumnus with inside intel it looks completely possible for us ti sign 4-6 five star kids and end up with a top 3 class. This is of course all because of NIL. Just as A&M took advantage last year we are obviously doing the same thing. It’s amazing for us and college football in general to get some more of those elite kids to choose schools other than Bama and Georgia. Eventually Bama and Georgia will jump on the NIL bandwagon and we’ll see what happens. But for now it is an incredible opportunity for us that we seem to be taking full advantage of. Give props to Danny white and Josh Heupel. Good times ahead!!!

Why would you even bring that stuff to the board? Leave Spyre out of it. If we sign them, we sign them.
Car dealerships have very likely paid players for a very, very long time. The difference is now that it is out in the open. Spyre is a means of doing what was already being done... except within the rules AND fair to everyone. To a significant degree, college sports have been shaped by who could cheat and get away with it.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who is Spry Sports Administrative Assistant and she stated that not less than (17) 5 stars will sign with UT this cycle and the Illuminati have pinged UT to win a Natty this season!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who is Spry Sports Administrative Assistant and she stated that not less than (17) 5 stars will sign with UT this cycle and the Illuminati have pinged UT to win a Natty this season!

Your attempt to be funny is sad…..major fail. Like I said, this information came directly from Spyre executives. But whatever floats your boat. Next time try posting something of substance.

Was in a business meeting when my insider called. Waiting for their text back to confirm. Rescheduling my tee time tomorrow to ensure availability for confirmation.

That being said..what you said would be awesome.

Saw Niko at 31 Flavors yesterday?

I don't get the "shoot the messenger " thing. What am I missing?

It's a misapplication of the phrase, which when used correctly is meant to precede a statement of bad news shared by an intermediary. In this case, it more or less meant "please don't attack me for sharing this," which is weird because all they did was make an unsubstantiated claim which is of course going to get tossed around like a chew toy so ... eh. In the immortal words of the internet itself - "I dunno lol." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a misapplication of the phrase, which when used correctly is meant to precede a statement of bad news shared by an intermediary. In this case, it more or less meant "please don't attack me for sharing this," which is weird because all they did was make an unsubstantiated claim which is of course going to get tossed around like a chew toy so ... eh. In the immortal words of the internet itself - "I dunno lol." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I dunno. 😂😂😂 perfection!

Or…If we only get three 5 stars…

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Your attempt to be funny is sad…..major fail. Like I said, this information came directly from Spyre executives. But whatever floats your boat. Next time try posting something of substance.
I am 60% sure you have no clue who the Spyre Executives are and 100% sure you can neither take a joke nor be fun to have a frosty beverage with. I don't currently own a boat, but if I did I would name it BoroVolFan's Funny bone....

It's not sad, it's accurate. You literally posted nothing of substance. Your post could be summarized as:

I have a friend. He thinks our recruiting will probably go well this year.

VN Store

Back