t for texas, T for Tennessee

Since our UNIVERSITY of TN was established 50+ years before the STATE of Texas existed…I think we’ve got dibs on “UT”.
Technically, the University of Tennessee was not named the University of Tennessee until 1879 just four years before the University of Texas was founded. But I agree, we still have dibs on UT.

Technically, the University of Tennessee was not named the University of Tennessee until 1879 just four years before the University of Texas was founded. But I agree, we still have dibs on UT.

”…a flower by any other name…”

Reactions: txbo
If it wasn’t for Davie Crockett, we’d be playing North Mexico today.

Last edited:

Just do what us Aggies do, and call them their rightful name, t.u., since they we're founded 7 years after A&M was and were originally known as texas university (t.u.) for a long while. This is why we refer to the Vols as the Real UT and the t-sips (liberals who sit around and sip tea) as t.u. Please join us in doing the same (they hate it lol)

Just do what us Aggies do, and call them their rightful name, t.u., since they we're founded 7 years after A&M was and were originally known as texas university (t.u.) for a long while. This is why we refer to the Vols as the Real UT and the t-sips (liberals who sit around and sip tea) as t.u. Please join us in doing the same (they hate it lol)

We don't hate the term "t.u". It just sounds really silly. Congrats on not making it to the CWS ... again.

Lol we don't hate it we just find it hilariously childish. It's exactly what your little brother would say

VN Store

Back