Syd Smallbone

10takum

syd smallbone only played 1min. i was hopeing this would be her breakout year?:no:

Looks like Kamiko Williams/Bass/Angie/Manning and Strick are going to get the bulk of pt at the guard positions. I have to say Williams really impressed me. She is going to be a very good player for the orange. I can say watching yesterday's game really made me feel that the team matured some after the disappointment of last season and should be a much improved team. Of course, we expect nothing less from a Pat Summitt coached team.

You can tell that their attitude is completely different this year. Maybe they can get back in their locker room soon.

I think Smallbone is going to end up as one of those players that is remembered at UT as being a great team-player who works hard and fills a role. Don't think she will be a superstar . . . could be wrong, of course. In any event, she is a valuable member of the Lady Vols team!

Smallbone is too big of a liability on defense. On offense she busts the bottom out of the basket every shot in pre-game, but when she is in the game it just will not fall. I had high hopes for her coming into UT, but she has been recruited over from what I've seen. I wouldn't play her over the others. I doubt she will a lot of playing time.

I agree with the person that said she won't be remembered at a superstar but instead a great team-player. She hasn't played a lot but when she does, she gives her all. That's what I love to see in players. She's also always the first person up off that bunch to congratulate her teammates after a nice play. She is a very valuable member of the team and I am glad she's a Lady Vol.

I agree with the person that said she won't be remembered at a superstar but instead a great team-player. She hasn't played a lot but when she does, she gives her all. That's what I love to see in players. She's also always the first person up off that bunch to congratulate her teammates after a nice play. She is a very valuable member of the team and I am glad she's a Lady Vol.
I agree with all of that, I just don't think she will see a lot of playing time. No shame in that. Just being a Lady Vol is a big honor.

I would have to agree with you about Williams, I would say she is very quick. I did not know she was that fast. Now if her team would get her the ball a little more when she is open for shots, she could really help take off some of the load from Strickland which would help a great deal. it's like having # 14 Hornbuckle. Borkland and Spani needs to learn how to get themselves open off the dribble because it showed that they can't do that and teams are going to pick up on it and that's going to hurt the team in the long run.

Hate to say anything negative about our Lady Vols, but Smallbone has never shown me why Pat thought she could be a Lady Vol.
When she went onto the floor Sunday, she seemed very out of place compared to all our other players.
I hope I am wrong and she becomes a star, but I do not expect it.

She's a scrappy player, but not nearly as atheletic as every other LadyVol

VN Store

Back