Swatting...what is wrong w people

Yeah unfortunately it's been a thing for a while. It's a shame people do that kinda stuff. I remember watching Summit1G on Twitch when he was streaming from a park playing Pokemon Go and the next thing you know cops pull up with rifles drawn because some idiot called and said Summit had a bomb in his backpack. Scary stuff man

I just read about a death. I had no idea. Should I use a VPN or do you for gaming?

VPN's are pretty useful. I use one now and a lot more people are starting to. I've seen a lot of these happen over the years, though I'm not sure if it was their ip address that got them swatted. I know a few of them were just careless with their personal information. Like accidently leaking their phone numbers or addresses. Not thinking about the people watching you or that not all of them are good people.

Have also seen a few times where someone live streamed their suicide, while the whole chat was telling them to do it.

If you've ever seen one of Ice Poseidon's streams, he gets in trouble a lot for his fans. Every time he goes somewhere to eat, people find out the restaurant and start calling the restaurant like crazy. It's gotten him kicked out a few times. Or someone watches where he is when he's streaming and then go stalk him.

My wife uses a VPN for her work from home but I’ve never thought of using it for gaming. Times they are a changing

VPN's are pretty useful. I use one now and a lot more people are starting to. I've seen a lot of these happen over the years, though I'm not sure if it was their ip address that got them swatted. I know a few of them were just careless with their personal information. Like accidently leaking their phone numbers or addresses. Not thinking about the people watching you or that not all of them are good people.

Have also seen a few times where someone live streamed their suicide, while the whole chat was telling them to do it.

If you've ever seen one of Ice Poseidon's streams, he gets in trouble a lot for his fans. Every time he goes somewhere to eat, people find out the restaurant and start calling the restaurant like crazy. It's gotten him kicked out a few times. Or someone watches where he is when he's streaming and then go stalk him.
He was going on a date one night and some random dude walked halfway across the city to give him some cologne.

My wife uses a VPN for her work from home but I’ve never thought of using it for gaming. Times they are a changing
I’m not sure a VPN would have prevented any of the swatting instances I’ve seen. You can’t resolve an up address to a name or an exact physical location.

VN Store

Back