Swain says our blitz package is key to an upset.

I, of course, don’t know this....but here’s my thinking. I think in both spring and fall practice that our coaching staff honestly evaluated our team and said.... we are no where close to UGA and Bamas level of talent...those games basically written off... they wrongly thought they could walk thru the first three games semi blindfolded and thought Florida was a little better than us but beatable.
Hence all the attention on the 🐊.
If you evaluation is correct, then our coaching staff was so far off in the assessment of the first two games, I cannot put any faith in their assessment of how to beat FL-we'll see tomorrow.

We have a blitz package? I hope it shows up. Would be awesome to get in the young qbs head early and often. Force some mistakes.

We were sandbagging and didn't unleash it against Georgia State or BYU in order to rope a dope Florida. Brilliant. Gutsy. Give up an 0-2 start to smite an arch rival. Gots to love that. Pruitt is playing three dimensional chess and everyone else is playing checkers.

We were sandbagging and didn't unleash it against Georgia State or BYU in order to rope a dope Florida. Brilliant. Gutsy. Give up an 0-2 start to smite an arch rival. Gots to love that. Pruitt is playing three dimensional chess and everyone else is playing checkers.
Haha. I see what you did there. Thing is, the defense is young and clearly making mistakes. I don't think a coach is gonna throw exotic disguised defensive strategy at a group that struggles with basic play assignments. Should they already have that down, yes, but clearly they don't.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Tennessee has had a tough enough time getting the UTC runners on the ground....just imagine being short handed one or two more players as they stand in the Fla backfield and the runner or receiver is headed for the goal line....
Tennessee could use 13 men on the field instead of 11 Saturday....
O look, Fla threw a screen with blockers in front and nothing but green grass between him and the goal line...
No....the key to the game is to have a QB who can hit the receivers with the ball and keeeeeeeeppp out defense oooofffffff the field

I say on 3rd downs, we sneak 2 extra players onto the field.
These 2 players run onto the field with $100 bills in their hands.
They run by the refs, give them a $100 handshake and say..... “you never saw me”.

We pretty much totally shut down BYU except for the bust on the last drive. Obviously, the team wasn’t prepared for GSt and was hampered even more by vanilla play calling, massive substitutions and terrible QB play. I think our defense is better than most think..
To your point, if they don't complete that pass they would have had 225 total yards in that game (minus 64 yards from the pass, and 50 yards in overtime). The defense dominated that game against a fairly good offensive line and a dynamic quarterback. But all it takes is one mistake to turn a game around.

The offense has to hold up their end of the deal as well though.

Maybe this is where Trask can become a weakness. He’s inexperienced. Maybe blitzes getting at him can get him shook.

(Courtesy of my rhyming Gator brother asswipe):
Will UF play a QB much like the last?
Oh, why do you ask?
I heard his name was Trask.
Oh, is he very fast?
Don’t worry, facing UT is an easy task.

You can say what you want about Pruitt, but this is the kind of situation he thrives in. If we can can confuse Trask, hit him some, get him rattled a bit and force some turnovers then we have a ball game as long as we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot.
I guess we did everything, but shoot ourselves in the foot! If CP thrives in this situation, he'll be beside himself when we play GA, and BAMA!!!

I guess we did everything, but shoot ourselves in the foot! If CP thrives in this situation, he'll be beside himself when we play GA, and BAMA!!!

I figured they would dial up some blitzes more often. When they did, it created some problems. I don’t know why they didn’t do that more often.

Are you calling me out or Pruitt?

I mean he was kinda right. Obviously the offense didn't do anything. But when the blitzes got there Trask struggled. When it didn't get there, Trask ate us up.

He says Pruitt and Ansley have been working on this for UF for months.
Says they consider Gators off line susceptible.
But they know our dline isn’t very good, so watch for a lot of blitzes.
Swain said that Theo Jackson and Shamberger are key and must line up properly and take the right angles.

He clearly is keyed into the program. Swain was a great player for us but is a terrible analyst/journalist

I figured they would dial up some blitzes more often. When they did, it created some problems. I don’t know why they didn’t do that more often.

Are you calling me out or Pruitt?
I watched the same game you did-If this isn't a call out regarding CP's coaching ability-then nothing will ever get the sunshine pumpers attention. I too, couldn't believe we blitzed every now and again (when it was one of the few bright spots in the D!!!

I mean he was kinda right. Obviously the offense didn't do anything. But when the blitzes got there Trask struggled. When it didn't get there, Trask ate us up.

Sort of.

We got pressure from the corner blitzes or when we stacked 6/7 on the line and brought at least 5.
Trask still identified his hot read and hit on allot of them.

I don't know if our disguised blitzes had a giveaway but they didn't work.The majority of our delayed blitzes got picked up perfectly by their OL and didn't even generate pressure on Trask. He just sat back and picked apart soft coverage.

I think the catalyst of it was our coverage at safety. Nigel Warrior getting abused over the middle loosened our defense up from the first drive on.

I watched the same game you did-If this isn't a call out regarding CP's coaching ability-then nothing will ever get the sunshine pumpers attention. I too, couldn't believe we blitzed every now and again (when it was one of the few bright spots in the D!!!
Today was abysmal.

VN Store

Back