Sushi Help

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
Does anyone know of a place in Knoxville that will sell small amounts of sushi-grade fish to be used in home preparation? I don't need anything exotic, just maybe tuna, yellowtail, and salmon.

TIA

davethevol

Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful......
Does anyone know of a place in Knoxville that will sell small amounts of sushi-grade fish to be used in home preparation? I don't need anything exotic, just maybe tuna, yellowtail, and salmon.

TIA
Maybe Fresh Market or Earth Fare? I’ve seen The Shrimp Dock listed as the best option in Knoxville from people that make their own.

Coug

The truth is that there is no official definition or standard for "sushi-grade" fish.

Some argue it should be frozen immediately after being caught on the boat to maintain the freshest taste. Some say it should be frozen to under -40 degrees to kill off parsites/bacteria. Some say it should be frozen for 48 hours at least, while others say it should be frozen for 7 days at a certain temperature to kill parasites/bacteria.

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
I get that, but I was looking for a resource that supplies either local sushi restaurants or even grocery-based preparers.

VN Store

Sponsors