Survivor - Edge Of Extinction

So uh, they cheated for Rob huh? Lol

Seriously though those things were hid for sh*t, and it was really just a case of who ran the fastest.

Remember the fire log challenge on Exile? They had way more practice going to the top of that island than Rob ever did. He gets voted out and somehow beats everyone else to the tokens?

And the last person I wanted back in the game, gets back in the game. Well besides Amber but she doesnt really count anyway.

IMO, If it had been Rob though it would have felt rigged. Twice now in the history of Exile they don't immediately vote out the person that came back from Exile. I love that Wendell got voted out though.

Just watched last night's episode.

Holy hell Adam is officially my least favorite player ever. Dude needs some serious therapy.

I like Adam. Solid move with the podium idol. He's right that this is something they would do. Jeff is probably upset he didn't think of it.

Reactions: hog88
That's tribal number 2 I've seen from this show where the guy who likely wasn't going home talked himself into being the one to go home. It happened last season with a female player whose name I just can't think of.

I used to didn't care for Tony. But he's completely changed my opinion. Dude knows how to play the game. Pulling for him or Sarah now.

I used to didn't care for Tony. But he's completely changed my opinion. Dude knows how to play the game. Pulling for him or Sarah now.

He's fun but he's a little wild. As long as he keeps winning immunity, he's fine.

Sarah would have been my target from day 1 and they worried about Jeremy? These people are dumb...and did they miss Ben's season? Are they just ignoring his big mouth in this season? Never tell him anything.

Last edited:
Watched it last night. Feel like hurt himself by talking too much at Tribal.

Tony has ran this game calling nearly all the shots.

He hurt himself by not taking out Ben and going against the power when the opportunity fell in his lap. A few hours later he's telling the camera "we gotta get Ben out." Bye Nick

Nick is so stupid.

Yes!

He hurt himself by not taking out Ben and going against the power when the opportunity fell in his lap. A few hours later he's telling the camera "we gotta get Ben out." Bye Nick

Ben is definitely one of the larger threats. I would have jumped on that voting Ben out plan.

Anyone got a line on Jerry? He usually posts soon after it airs.

Yes!

Ben is definitely one of the larger threats. I would have jumped on that voting Ben out plan.

Anyone got a line on Jerry? He usually posts soon after it airs.

I believe he got booted for a month but not sure. May have been voluntary.

It's a weird season because nobody has really set themself apart other than Tony. They should vote him out Wednesday and it will come down to the best speech (which Denise and Ben probably can't win) so I'm thinking Sarah or Michelle, but if Natalie comes back from EoE I'd vote for her

How could you vote for Natalie? They've been setting it up for a while imo that she's likely to come back based on all the facetime they've been giving her, but what has she done to deserve to win when she was voted out a long time ago? Wasn't she the first or second person voted out?

That's what I still disagree with on this new format. If they want to give someone a chance to get back in, do it only once and where they still have to play the game. Letting someone come back sooooo late in the game just seems unfair. Especially when that person could get to come back with an immunity idol if I understood right? They're just buying them on edge. Not to mention they've just been hanging out making friends and further developing relationships with the jury.

I still don't see how they haven't voted out Tony yet. Sarah sounds like she wants to go to the final with him just to say she beat the best. Several others have been all about voting out the most likely winners and at this point Tony is easily the favorite I think. After that maybe a tossup between Denise or Sarah.

Last edited:
How could you vote for Natalie? They've been setting it up for a while imo that she's likely to come back based on all the facetime they've been giving her, but what has she done to deserve to win when she was voted out a long time ago? Wasn't she the first or second person voted out?

That's what I still disagree with on this new format. If they want to give someone a chance to get back in, do it only once and where they still have to play the game. Letting someone come back sooooo late in the game just seems unfair. Especially when that person could get to come back with an immunity idol if I understood right? They're just buying them on edge. Not to mention they've just been hanging out making friends and further developing relationships with the jury.

I still don't see how they haven't voted out Tony yet. Sarah sounds like she wants to go to the final with him just to say she beat the best. Several others have been all about voting out the most likely winners and at this point Tony is easily the favorite I think. After that maybe a tossup between Denise or Sarah.

She got voted out first at no fault of her own before she was able to get her game going. She has completely dominated EoE and nobody other than Tony has made their mark, really. Denise had one big move and has floated, otherwise. I'm just not that impressed with anybody who is left. I would vote Tony over Natalie. Maybe Michelle even tho I don't like her. That's it. Natalie has been selling people advantages left and right, influencing the game more than just about anybody.

I mean, you imply it's not fair that she gets to build relationships on EoE but is it fair that she got voted out because she's a comp threat, before she could build relationships?

Last edited:
They should have a cut off point. Like day 19 or 20 marking half way. After that nobody from eoe can get back in.

She got voted out first at no fault of her own before she was able to get her game going. She has completely dominated EoE and nobody other than Tony has made their mark, really. Denise had one big move and has floated, otherwise. I'm just not that impressed with anybody who is left. I would vote Tony over Natalie. Maybe Michelle even tho I don't like her. That's it. Natalie has been selling people advantages left and right, influencing the game more than just about anybody.

I mean, you imply it's not fair that she gets to build relationships on EoE but is it fair that she got voted out because she's a comp threat, before she could build relationships?
Fair has nothing to do with it. Some people get voted out for doing dumb stuff or being annoying, some are voted out because they're strong players, and some are just bad luck because everyone picked them because someone has to go. But being voted out is part of the game. Throwing people back in so late in the game is bs imo.

Maybe we'll differ on how we view it, but being on edge isn't actually playing the game. They're not having to play in reward/immunity challenges. They're not having to build a strategy or work with groups. They're not having to lie or shift alliances to make moves. And they're not having to make potential enemies. They're hanging out with all the other people voted out. She's selling advantages, but it's not like she's putting these moves together herself. These are predetermined advantages anyone would be selling from the edge. Whether it's her or Rob or Parvati or anyone else voted out, they would be happening regardless. Survivor put those in place. And there's no risk to it. Pick someone and ask for fire tokens. There's no risk of backfire. There's no potential of it working against you and being voted out. She's influencing a game she isn't even playing.

On the edge they're making friends and building relationships with the freaking jury who awards the 2 million dollars. There's no conflict like there is while you're actually in the game. I'm kinda surprised they don't see a problem with that when they made that change.

The theme of survivor from the beginning has been outwit outplay outlast. When you get voted out, especially when you get voted out early, you've done none of those things. Some of the people still in haven't played a strong game, but they have at least played the game. The people on edge, like Natalie for example, shouldn't have opportunity to get back in the game at the final 5. Especially when they can just buy an immunity idol and guarantee immunity for this coming vote. I didn't like it when they did it two seasons ago, and I don't like it now.

Last edited:
Fair has nothing to do with it. Some people get voted out for doing dumb stuff or being annoying, some are voted out because they're strong players, and some are just bad luck because everyone picked them because someone has to go. But being voted out is part of the game. Throwing people back in so late in the game is bs imo.

Maybe we'll differ on how we view it, but being on edge isn't actually playing the game. They're not having to play in reward/immunity challenges. They're not having to build a strategy or work with groups. They're not having to lie or shift alliances to make moves. And they're not having to make potential enemies. They're hanging out with all the other people voted out. She's selling advantages, but it's not like she's putting these moves together herself. These are predetermined advantages anyone would be selling from the edge. Whether it's her or Rob or Parvati or anyone else voted out, they would be happening regardless. Survivor put those in place. And there's no risk to it. Pick someone and ask for fire tokens. There's no risk of backfire. There's no potential of it working against you and being voted out. She's influencing a game she isn't even playing.

On the edge they're making friends and building relationships with the freaking jury who awards the 2 million dollars. There's no conflict like there is while you're actually in the game. I'm kinda surprised they don't see a problem with that when they made that change.

The theme of survivor from the beginning has been outwit outplay outlast. When you get voted out, especially when you get voted out early, you've done none of those things. Some of the people still in haven't played a strong game, but they have at least played the game. The people on edge, like Natalie for example, shouldn't have opportunity to get back in the game at the final 5. Especially when they can just buy an immunity idol and guarantee immunity for this coming vote. I didn't like it when they did it two seasons ago, and I don't like it now.

OK, but EoE is also part of the game now and she's outplaying, outwitting, and outlasting people on EoE. Ultimately it comes down to what jury thinks. They're living it and they are all winners and not salty scrubs voting out of bitterness or whatever stupid perspective you may get from noobs. I'm good with whatever they decide.

Last edited:
OK, but EoE is also part of the game now and she's outplaying, outwitting, and outlasting people on EoE. Ultimately it comes down to what jury thinks. They're living it and they are all winners and not salty scrubs voting out of bitterness or whatever stupid perspective you may get from noobs. I'm good with whatever they decide.
EoE is part of the game since the show put it there but it's not where you want to be. You get voted out of the game to the edge, and then you're trying to get back into the game. It's two different environments. The people actually in the game aren't on EoE because they don't want to be there. She may be outplaying the people on EoE, but she didn't outplay anyone in the game to get to the end.

I'll be interested to see what the jury does if someone from the edge is in the final tribal. Being previous winners I'd hope they'd respect the people that actually played the game till the end. I would if it were me. If you get me voted out, blindside me, flip votes against me, I'd have respect for getting me out.

EoE is part of the game since the show put it there but it's not where you want to be. You get voted out of the game to the edge, and then you're trying to get back into the game. It's two different environments. The people actually in the game aren't on EoE because they don't want to be there. She may be outplaying the people on EoE, but she didn't outplay anyone in the game to get to the end.

I'll be interested to see what the jury does if someone from the edge is in the final tribal. Being previous winners I'd hope they'd respect the people that actually played the game till the end. I would if it were me. If you get me voted out, blindside me, flip votes against me, I'd have respect for getting me out.

Honestly, EoE seems harder than the main island. People there are breaking and I respect the hell out of Natalie. She's a fkn monster.

Again, it's part of the game now. Completely dismissing people that fight back from EoE would be akin to dismissing people who survived because they found idols when that was new.

Honestly, EoE seems harder than the main island. People there are breaking and I respect the hell out of Natalie. She's a fkn monster.

Again, it's part of the game now. Completely dismissing people that fight back from EoE would be akin to dismissing people who survived because they found idols when that was new.
Natalie is athletic, but imo it doesn't make her more deserving of winning just because she's athletic.

When idols were introduced they were still part of the game. The person that had one still had to navigate personalities, manage votes, and physical challenges. And even then the first season they used an idol there was only one and it could be used after the vote. The guy that had it never used it because nobody would vote for him. I think the show realized this is way too unfair and changed that the next season. Me personally, I think there are too many idols and gimmicks that have been introduced.

I'm not going to see someone that spent the entire game on edge as a viable winner. Assuming there's two people from the game and one person from edge in the final tribal, how is that a justifiable vote when they're had two very different experiences? Two people had to manage personalities, votes, strategies, reward/immunity challenges. Actually play the game of survivor. And the person from edge? If they weren't recently voted out of the game, what did they do? Hang out with the jury with limited food and have the occasional seek quest for fire tokens. No strategy, personality management, or anything the other two people are having to do on a daily basis. They didn't earn that spot. Especially when they can just buy immunity idols on edge that work in the actual game. Could Michelle buy immunity idols with her stack of fire coins when she needed one this past vote? I don't think so.

If someone recently voted out like Jeremy or Sophie got back in it wouldn't be as big a deal for me. But someone voted out early in the game? No.

If they insist on keeping this format I hope they'd at least modify it like they did with the original idol. You get one chance to return from edge at the merge . If you don't get in you're done. If they want a second person put back in, pull that person out of the people that made the merge and have it at like 8 or 9. I still wouldn't like it but at least that way somebody actually has to play the game to advance instead of being the first person voted out and then getting dropped in at the final 5.

Last edited:
Natalie is athletic, but imo it doesn't make her more deserving of winning just because she's athletic.

They didn't earn that spot. Especially when they can just buy immunity idols on edge that work in the actual game. Could Michelle buy immunity idols with her stack of fire coins when she needed one this past vote? I don't think so.

So she didn't win a lot of those fire tokens by reasoning through the clues better than everybody else and spending time learning every inch of that island?

The thing about Survivor is it's always changing and playing a "good game" is totally subjective. You do your best to play the game that comes to you, and hope you impress the jury the most. That's it. There are no rules about how you should get to the end, you just try to get there. Beating everybody's ass on EoE is one way to get there.

People on the main island can find idols or buy advantages with fire tokens and people on EoE can buy idols. I think both are valid. Natalie never had a chance to buy an advantage. Lots of people didn't. Did the people who were able to buy them and advance "earn that"? You keep making points about how unfair it is and when I showed you how it's not really fair the other way, you said "fair's got nothing to do with it" so you can just stop with those points.

Last edited:
So she didn't win a lot of those fire tokens by reasoning through the clues better than everybody else and spending time learning every inch of that island?

The thing about Survivor is it's always changing and playing a "good game" is totally subjective. You do your best to play the game that comes to you, and hope you impress the jury the most. That's it. There are no rules about how you should get to the end, you just try to get there. Beating everybody's ass on EoE is one way to get there.

People on the main island can find idols or buy advantages with fire tokens and people on EoE can buy idols. I think both are valid. Natalie never had a chance to buy an advantage. Lots of people didn't. Did the people who were able to buy them and advance "earn that"? You keep making points about how unfair it is and when I showed you how it's not really fair the other way, you said "fair's got nothing to do with it" so you can just stop with those points.
She did what she did on the edge partly because she was the first person voted out and had more time there than anyone else. Who had a better chance of learning that island? Natalie or Nick? Which brings me up to another gripe. They may have created a scenario where you're better off being voted out than trying to play the game. Take Jeremy for example. He was voted out two votes ago. What do they make you do when you get voted out? Give up your tokens to someone still in the game. He gets one chance to earn tokens on the edge to look for the "stone throne". He's spent what 1 or 2 days there? He isn't going to know anything about that. He hasn't had a chance to learn that island. He has no chance to earn tokens and thus cannot buy advantages on the upcoming challenge because they made him give them up. Whereas someone like Natalie has spent the entire game on the edge, has done nothing in the game, and has had more time than anyone to find tokens. Enough that she can buy all the advantages and an immunity idol that works in the game should she get back in. You're actually being penalized for staying in the game longer if you get voted to the edge. BS.

Survivor is always changing. Sometimes I think they just want to change so as not to get stale and sometimes I think they genuinely want to try things. This attempt is a mistake imo. For a game where friendship and social bonding plays a huge aspect, you shouldn't get to hang out with the jury and develop those bonds, and then go back in the game. It's an opportunity the people actually playing the game don't have. They have to figure out jury management at the end, but someone like Natalie would have a tremendous advantage because she's spent the last 30 something days with the jury. She probably knows them better than anyone else at this point.

I don't think people on the main island can just buy advantages. They have to be the person picked for that opportunity that comes from EoE. They can buy food or comfort items I think. People on the main island earn tokens buy winning challenges. They definitely earned them. And then they may be given them by someone voted out. As I alluded to earlier I'd be fine if they could hold onto them instead of giving them away when someone's voted out. If they wanted to run the edge like a losers bracket and make them actually compete for tokens instead of doing treasure hunts I'd like that more. Then just being voted out first wouldn't carry such an advantage.

Yes being voted out has nothing to do with fair. It's a basic tenet of the game since episode 1 of the first season. Someone is going to go. I think its bs that people work, scheme, manage personalities, and manipulate votes to their advantage to move themselves forward in the game only to have someone voted out waaaay earlier in the game get a free spot in the final 5 after they've been hanging out with the jury for the past 30 something days and haven't had to do any of the things others have to stay in the game.

That final 3 was perfect. When we had 8 or so people left, it seemed we were headed to a pretty bad final 3 (I was feeling like it would be Ben, Sarah, and Denise), but the most deserving people ended up there. Sarah really disappointed me down the stretch. She cost herself and Ben the game by not playing that final 6 vote right. She also completely misread the jury's take on who was most deserving (her or Tony) and then made it about gender. Tony took all the risks. He was the one flipping votes. He was the one winning immunity. He was the one with a target on his back. How could she not see that?

Not a fan of Edge of Extinction don't think I'll watch another season if EOE is a part of it and truthfully this wasn't one of their better seasons. Tony deserved to win and Ben come on dude that was crap.

VN Store

Back