Sure has gotten quiet

It has gotten awfully quiet around here this evening. It seems like everybody is waiting for something to happen but aren't sure what. It is like when your a little kid and the weatherman says there is a good chance of snow and your scared it is just going to rain. Up until last night this site was a buzz with coaching predictions, staff changes and Administration shake ups but know for the most part crickets.
That’s probably because Hyams, Basilio, and other uninformed BS spewers have not put out any baseless rumors in the last 24 hrs that the pitchfork and torches brigade can’t manipulate into “Pruitt is fired” .

Reactions: miket4god
I'm too old to take this garbage much longer.

I'm to the point that I believe that, we, the people that love Tennessee sports, especially football, need to take serious actions ourselves.

I think we need to WAKE UP all our elected officials at every level and flatout DEMAND that people be replaced at ALL levels of UTK and that ONLY those replacements hired that understand that Tennessee football IS a HUGE part of the K town economy and the UT economy and DOES help fund ALL sports at UT.

We need to be clear that we DEMAND a AD, other than Fulmer, that's a real, experienced, successful AD that's able to run our UT AD to become very successful again and to maintain that level.

We need to make it well known that we want a Head football coach that's a proven Winner and to pay whatever the cost needs to be to hire 1 of the best in the business and then to give him everything he needs to hire his coaching staff and 1 of the best S&C staffs in the business.

They MUST know that we want to keep our Traditions, including playing Alabama every year but that we DEMAND that our football Team is built back to being again able to play them and to get some WINS against them.

We need some people that can organise and help hold rallies at Neyland and other places in the East, at Nissan and other places in Middle Tennessee and at the Liberty Bowl and other places in West Tennessee so that our elected officials see that we ARE damn serious about wanting our Vols to be serious contenders again.

We much stay LOUD and stay PROUD and let then know that we will NOT donate any $$$, we will NOT buy and merchandise and we will NOT buy tickets or attend games until we see PROOF that our demands are being met.

We will NOT settle for more garbage like we've had for the last 15 years or longer...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

As long as we Vols fans spend $$$ then the powers that be will NOT care!

We need to make this so loud and never ending that the Schiano(sp) deal is a tiny blip on the radar compared to what hits national TV every week until we see our demands get met.

When we see a top AD hired and a top, winning HC hired we might buy 1 ticket to a game.

When we see a top S&C staff hired we'll but 1 more ticket to another game.

When we see a top OC hired, we'll buy another game ticket.

When we see a top DC hired we'll but 1 more game ticket.

When we see a top coaching staff hired for our OC to work with we'll buy another game ticket.

When we see a top coaching staff hired for our DC to work with then we'll but another game ticket.

When we see 8 Wins and a bowl game Win then we'll make a donation.

As the Wins add up we'll increase our donations accordingly.

The more Vols players that are coached up well enough to make it to the NFL then our Donations will also increase.

Message will be that we ARE willing to make donations based on the success of our Vols sports programs.

We are NOT willing to spend 1 more penny on the same type of garbage leaders at UTK, in our AD or to watch games that are hot garbage!

Hire the right people at ALL positions that WILL totally support ALL Tennessee sports.

Hire the right, experienced AD that knows how to get our sports rebuilt back to competing for Championships.

Give our sports programs whatever amount of money it takes to get up back to where Tennessee deserves to be ranked.

I live and breathe Tennessee sports and I WILL be buried wearing my big Orange.

I will NOT, from this day forward, spend 1 penny to buy anything associated with my beloved Vols until I can see serious progress being made to bring back our proud Tradition of WINNING!

The powers that be have screwed me and all other Tennessee fans for the last time!

Bring back the FEAR of having to play our Tennessee Vols!

VFL...GBO!!!

I'm too old to take this garbage much longer.

I'm to the point that I believe that, we, the people that love Tennessee sports, especially football, need to take serious actions ourselves.

I think we need to WAKE UP all our elected officials at every level and flatout DEMAND that people be replaced at ALL levels of UTK and that ONLY those replacements hired that understand that Tennessee football IS a HUGE part of the K town economy and the UT economy and DOES help fund ALL sports at UT.

We need to be clear that we DEMAND a AD, other than Fulmer, that's a real, experienced, successful AD that's able to run our UT AD to become very successful again and to maintain that level.

We need to make it well known that we want a Head football coach that's a proven Winner and to pay whatever the cost needs to be to hire 1 of the best in the business and then to give him everything he needs to hire his coaching staff and 1 of the best S&C staffs in the business.

They MUST know that we want to keep our Traditions, including playing Alabama every year but that we DEMAND that our football Team is built back to being again able to play them and to get some WINS against them.

We need some people that can organise and help hold rallies at Neyland and other places in the East, at Nissan and other places in Middle Tennessee and at the Liberty Bowl and other places in West Tennessee so that our elected officials see that we ARE damn serious about wanting our Vols to be serious contenders again.

We much stay LOUD and stay PROUD and let then know that we will NOT donate any $$$, we will NOT buy and merchandise and we will NOT buy tickets or attend games until we see PROOF that our demands are being met.

We will NOT settle for more garbage like we've had for the last 15 years or longer...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

As long as we Vols fans spend $$$ then the powers that be will NOT care!

We need to make this so loud and never ending that the Schiano(sp) deal is a tiny blip on the radar compared to what hits national TV every week until we see our demands get met.

When we see a top AD hired and a top, winning HC hired we might buy 1 ticket to a game.

When we see a top S&C staff hired we'll but 1 more ticket to another game.

When we see a top OC hired, we'll buy another game ticket.

When we see a top DC hired we'll but 1 more game ticket.

When we see a top coaching staff hired for our OC to work with we'll buy another game ticket.

When we see a top coaching staff hired for our DC to work with then we'll but another game ticket.

When we see 8 Wins and a bowl game Win then we'll make a donation.

As the Wins add up we'll increase our donations accordingly.

The more Vols players that are coached up well enough to make it to the NFL then our Donations will also increase.

Message will be that we ARE willing to make donations based on the success of our Vols sports programs.

We are NOT willing to spend 1 more penny on the same type of garbage leaders at UTK, in our AD or to watch games that are hot garbage!

Hire the right people at ALL positions that WILL totally support ALL Tennessee sports.

Hire the right, experienced AD that knows how to get our sports rebuilt back to competing for Championships.

Give our sports programs whatever amount of money it takes to get up back to where Tennessee deserves to be ranked.

I live and breathe Tennessee sports and I WILL be buried wearing my big Orange.

I will NOT, from this day forward, spend 1 penny to buy anything associated with my beloved Vols until I can see serious progress being made to bring back our proud Tradition of WINNING!

The powers that be have screwed me and all other Tennessee fans for the last time!

Bring back the FEAR of having to play our Tennessee Vols!

VFL...GBO!!!

Stupid...

Reactions: OffTackleVol
That’s probably because Hyams, Basilio, and other uninformed BS spewers have not put out any baseless rumors in the last 24 hrs that the pitchfork and torches brigade can’t manipulate into “Pruitt is fired” .
I mean Hyams is usually pretty accurate with his info. Late to the party, but accurate. Basilio has also been pretty informed and on the money this time around. I believe, and someone can correct me, but he may have been the first--or close to it--to break the Steele news. He's also been right on the money about Pruitt and the investigation. His blog post last night was intriguing. So I wouldn't rule either of these two out, especially Basilio.

It's probably quiet because they just wrapped up interviews yesterday and are going to put their heads together to look at what to do next. I still believe JP is coming back, but my confidence in that over the past week has slowly diminished. I was probably 90% sure, not I'd say it's more 60/40.

Reactions: DonDiego
Nothing new to talk about...until this investigation clears we will only have occasional news and it probably be about players transferring out or coaches leaving. I’d be shocked if we see any new commitments...

The Gators just got 2 transfers both Dt's that have played alot of football in 2 respected conferences but yet the program on the Hill hasn't got anything but a qb transfer from Va Tech....i mean how the hell you gonna change a program around, if all you doing as coaches n administration is sitting on your ass doing nothing!? i'm just curious to know...

Reactions: davethevol
People checking out for the year.
The fahr Coach crowd will be back after the first 21 point loss.
Some will return in the fall with 10 win season predictions.
VolNation will continue. Thanks Freak.

FYP

even if they don't blame him... I think they are looking for an out with him. we'll see though but gah they need to decide and announce something soon either way
Yeah I am in the faction of fans who believes they will bring him back unless they can reasonably get a firing with cause to either give zero buyout or more likely a substantially smaller buyout. A buyout that says we didn’t owe you anything based off findings but dont speak negatively about recruiting violations in an interview or public setting. Simply dont talk about it or we will seek legal action. Thats what I see as the goal. If they can't find that loophole then they will being back for next season.

Yeah I am in the faction of fans who believes they will bring him back unless they can reasonably get a firing with cause to either give zero buyout or more likely a substantially smaller buyout. A buyout that says we didn’t owe you anything based off findings but dont speak negatively about recruiting violations in an interview or public setting. Simply dont talk about it or we will seek legal action. Thats what I see as the goal. If they can't find that loophole then they will being back for next season.
That's the case. Everyone on here want him fired for going 3-7 and they think he is a bad coach. But Fulmer essentially said he's not getting fired because of that. the only way he gets fired is the investigation and I haven't heard anyone talk about what if anything that investigation found that would be linked to Pruitt.

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
If UTAD doesn't care to represent the power of UT football brand, and make this coach drama a boy or a girl, why should I care. I've completely lost interest. If Pruitt and co did something worthy of being fired, let's get on with it. If not, come out and support your coach for another season, so we can settle down the transfers and finish as strong as possible for signing class. A void of UTAD direction gets filled by rumors, most of which are way out in left field, and is doing harm by the day.

The void of direction you refer to could well be driven by not knowing what the NCAA is thinking. Can you make a decision on keeping or not keeping a coach without that information? We would look foolish if supported a coach THEN he gets whacked by them. We cannot define which coaches to approach based on economics without knowing if our buyouts are impacted or not. All we can do is dance, at a very bad time. How can our AD considering firing our current coach until a candidate has open support by enough of our money guys cover last years revenue losses, potential buyouts and acquisition costs including additional buyouts? I have not seen a name yet that seems to have that support. Firing the current guy before a solution is defined would be the height of stupidity as proven by our previous leadership in the AD. Kiffin forced us into filling a void, the others we pulled the trigger ourselves. Assuming incompetence for not removing our current coach AT THIS TIME is a reach, but the basis of many of our threads on this board. Even when we get the investigation answers, there still may not be a candidate with enough support to go after one. Pushing the solution path till next cycle MAY be the best plan of action. I hope our power team is looking for a solution, not a change.

Maybe so. I just see the opposite, hiring people for Pruitt when his job is in limbo doesn't point to him being fired. The assistants guilty maybe, and we may get in some trouble, but it's not looking like they're gonna lay the blame on him. Hope I'm wrong.
Joe, who are they hiring besides Steele and an assistant s&c coach? I don't think they hired Steele for Pruitt--more likely to replace him (interim). If Pruitt is retained, I suspect Ansley will move on, but it's hard to see Steele putting up with Pruitt's meddling if he becomes the DC.

It has gotten awfully quiet around here this evening. It seems like everybody is waiting for something to happen but aren't sure what. It is like when your a little kid and the weatherman says there is a good chance of snow and your scared it is just going to rain. Up until last night this site was a buzz with coaching predictions, staff changes and Administration shake ups but know for the most part crickets.
With the hire of KS the other day I would say Pruitt is still the HC next year but we will be getting a few more new assistants as some will be let go or "found" another job at a different school. Fulmer isn't going to fire his guy over one bad year. I know with the investigation going they had a hiring freeze and if Pruitt was going to be let go they wouldn't have hired an assistant coach.

Damn dude we get it, you think Pruitt looks like a cone head. It’s your avi, it’s in your bio, and it’s in almost every one of your posts. I’m done with the guy too, but get a new joke.

The sad part is it's not a joke! I get it though, I'm tired of typing the same crap over and over. It doesn't do any good and Looks like we're stuck with him anyway. I'm still a fan of the team so I'll shut up about him.

It's quiet because nothing is gonna happen. We are stuck with him another year.

giphy.gif

The sad part is it's not a joke! I get it though, I'm tired of typing the same crap over and over. It doesn't do any good and Looks like we're stuck with him anyway. I'm still a fan of the team so I'll shut up about him.

Name me a replacement coach that has enough money guys that will back the play if our AD fired Pruitt. I don't think they see anybody that will not put us back in this situation in 3 years or less for those with NCAA baggage. So they are sitting on their wallets, just like some fans are declaring they will do if we keep Pruitt. Would they help if investigations required it, probably, but not as a discretionary action. For sure will impact our dollars to shop with. They have had enough of ready, fire, aim.

Name me a replacement coach that has enough money guys that will back the play if our AD fired Pruitt. I don't think they see anybody that will not put us back in this situation in 3 years or less for those with NCAA baggage. So they are sitting on their wallets, just like some fans are declaring they will do if we keep Pruitt. Would they help if investigations required it, probably, but not as a discretionary action. For sure will impact our dollars to shop with. They have had enough of ready, fire, aim.

I see the rational but Texas was able to secure Sark. Shouldn't Fulmer have a desk drawer full of potential candidates? Don't most AD's keep a short list and aren't most AD's and their sphere keeping their toes dipped in the pool for this very reason? If Texas was able to secure Sark, we should be able to secure a suitable replacement or one that would convince the money people to open their wallets. I'm not in favor of boycotting but there's probably enough fans that will stop showing up at games to send the message. Even my Tenn grad wife who's always made it her mission to attend a game or two yearly has already said we won't be going next year if Pruitt is still the coach and she's a pretty rabid fan. It's just so sad the way this has all transpired. I freakin hate it.

The void of direction you refer to could well be driven by not knowing what the NCAA is thinking. Can you make a decision on keeping or not keeping a coach without that information? We would look foolish if supported a coach THEN he gets whacked by them. We cannot define which coaches to approach based on economics without knowing if our buyouts are impacted or not. All we can do is dance, at a very bad time. How can our AD considering firing our current coach until a candidate has open support by enough of our money guys cover last years revenue losses, potential buyouts and acquisition costs including additional buyouts? I have not seen a name yet that seems to have that support. Firing the current guy before a solution is defined would be the height of stupidity as proven by our previous leadership in the AD. Kiffin forced us into filling a void, the others we pulled the trigger ourselves. Assuming incompetence for not removing our current coach AT THIS TIME is a reach, but the basis of many of our threads on this board. Even when we get the investigation answers, there still may not be a candidate with enough support to go after one. Pushing the solution path till next cycle MAY be the best plan of action. I hope our power team is looking for a solution, not a change.
All this being said, if we followed LSU example of deny and do nothing, we wouldn't be in a position of reporting out to NCAA. Will Wade still sitting there w/ two FBI wire taps and no apparent sense of urgency from NCAA to do anything. Not saying that's what we should have done, but I've got a feeling that someone in UTAD amped this up as an angle to fire Pruitt with cause, therefore getting legal involved, and here we sit.

The governor’s going to have to call in the National Guard, because Fulmer’s let the dumpster fire get out of control
Only at tennessee

More and more are just coming to grips with the whole thing being a lost cause. Must be a great experiment some crack pot professor on the faculty is keeping long term notes on. The Josef Mengele of sociological studies.

Reactions: PNW Huskie
More and more are just coming to grips with the whole thing being a lost cause. Must be a great experiment some crack pot professor on the faculty is keeping long term notes on. The Josef Mengele of sociological studies.
Something like this?
images

VN Store

Back