Supreme Court rules Mexican parents can't sue Border Patrol agent who shot their 15-year-old son across the border from the US side

Franklin Pierce

• Supreme Court ruled 5-4 Tuesday that the lawsuit cannot proceed
The Supreme Court ruled 5-4 Tuesday to close the courthouse door on the parents of a Mexican teenager who was shot dead over the border by an American agent.

The court's five conservative justices held that the parents could not use American courts to sue Border Patrol Agent Jesus Mesa Jr., who killed their unarmed 15-year-old son in 2010. Mesa was on U.S. soil in Texas when he fired the fatal shot.

Justice Samuel Alito wrote for the court that the case is tragic, but that strong border security and international relations issues led to the ruling against the parents of Sergio Adrian Hernandez Guereca.

'Since regulating the conduct of agents at the border unquestionably has national security implications, the risk of undermining border security provides reasons to hesitate' about allowing the parents to sue in American courts, Alito wrote.

Supreme Court rules Mexican parents of dead son can't sue Border Patrol agent | Daily Mail Online

The Supreme Court ruled 5-4 Tuesday to close the courthouse door on the parents of a Mexican teenager who was shot dead over the border by an American agent.

The court's five conservative justices held that the parents could not use American courts to sue Border Patrol Agent Jesus Mesa Jr., who killed their unarmed 15-year-old son in 2010. Mesa was on U.S. soil in Texas when he fired the fatal shot.

Justice Samuel Alito wrote for the court that the case is tragic, but that strong border security and international relations issues led to the ruling against the parents of Sergio Adrian Hernandez Guereca.

'Since regulating the conduct of agents at the border unquestionably has national security implications, the risk of undermining border security provides reasons to hesitate' about allowing the parents to sue in American courts, Alito wrote.

Supreme Court rules Mexican parents of dead son can't sue Border Patrol agent | Daily Mail Online

In the words of Paul Harvey where's the "Rest of the Story"?

I highly doubt the BP Agent just randomly shot at this kid.

Don’t throw rocks at law enforcement

Don’t throw rocks at law enforcement
I will get more information before passing judgment but I seriously hope that is not why the kid was killed. The report I have read refers to the 15 year old as "fleeing" from the border. The first question that I would want answered is, was he shot in the back? There aren't many good reasons for shooting unarmed people in the back while they are running from you.

I will get more information before passing judgment but I seriously hope that is not why the kid was killed. The report I have read refers to the 15 year old as "fleeing" from the border. The first question that I would want answered is, was he shot in the back? There aren't many good reasons for shooting unarmed people in the back while they are running from you.

Those border agents get shot at all the time from both sides of the border.

I think he was throwing rocks.... if I recall correctly

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
He was shot in the face while throwing large rocks at agents. That’s not “unarmed”

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back