Supposedly we may have someone transfer out soon

This person may not have a clue, but if you dig through all the rumors on VN, the possibility of Phillips transferring has been discussed and there was an obscure post on a Duke message board that Jonas Aidoo could transfer there. No further smoke on the latter though, and hopefully it's fake news.

Last edited:
“A source tells me something is going to happen but I can’t say what or who but when this thing happens know that I knew it and know that I am plugged in” is a common thing people share on social media to act in the know. I think most of us know there is a good chance someone transfers out, and that there is probably a 33 percent chance it’s JP. I think that once guys from the portal come in, all bets are off.

This person may not have a clue, but if you dig through all the rumors on VN, the possibility of Phillips transferring has been discussed and there was an obscure post on a Duke message board that Jonas Aidoo could transfer there. No further smoke on the latter though, and hopefully it's fake news.

Aidoo will likely get an upgrade in playing time next season so I don't think that he would transfer out.

Aidoo will likely get an upgrade in playing time next season so I don't think that he would transfer out.

Yeah, I would also be surprised if the giraffe hit the portal. Add to your comments that appears to be super tight with Jahmai and seems to be one of multiple players who genuinely enjoys being a Vol (see for example JJJ, ZZZ, Uros).

Uros would be dumb to leave... He fits Barnes system and the only place he would play much... It's Phillips probably and if so I don't blame him... He would flourish in more of a fast pace offense with transition and one that works more space

I think Aidoo was only leaving if Gainey left. Around the time we heard Aidoo being targeted by Duke was around the same time we heard Gainey being considered for the HC job.

We hear that the HC is filled, Gainey stays, then we find out they feel better about the situation

If I remember correctly, Gainey is the reason Aidoo came here in the first place. Jmo on the whole thing

VN Store

Back