support your coach...support your team

so much negativity that is mostly unnessacary and makes our fan base look weak.
we have a new first time coach learning on the job.it is who we hired regardless
of your feelings about his job performance.he got the job,you DIDNT.
we cant run coaches off after 3 years.no one will ever want to come here.
his recruiting has been fairly good for a new coach in by far the toughest league in the nation.
is he the right guy for the future,probably not unless he upgrades his staff.
to be fair he won 8 games in a row w/o having a sec caliber q.b..that in itself is an accomplishment
as bad as this year was,he had very little to work with and no training camp to assemble his team.
we have 3 four star q.b. now in house and several missing pieces on the defensive side of the ball.
the upcoming year will tell us what we have and weather pruitt survives or move on to someone else.
if we move on i feel the pieces will be more in place than at any other time we have made a coaching change.
stay positive my friends potential recruits need to know we support our team and players regardless of the coach.
i have a good feeling about next year and hope for 8 wins and much improvement.lets see what happens.
if not i can assure you a change will be made...stay positive my friends,our players that chose to be a vfl deserve that much.
sorry about my spelling,im tone deaf and its chore just to post.
😂😂😂😂

we have a new first time coach learning on the job.it is who we hired regardless
his recruiting has been fairly good for a new coach in by far the toughest league in the nation.
to be fair he won 8 games in a row w/o having a sec caliber q.b..that in itself is an accomplishment
as bad as this year was,he had very little to work with and no training camp to assemble his team.
we have 3 four star q.b. now in house and several missing pieces on the defensive side of the ball.
the upcoming year will tell us what we have and weather pruitt survives or move on to someone else.
if we move on i feel the pieces will be more in place than at any other time we have made a coaching change.
stay positive my friends potential recruits need to know we support our team and players regardless of the coach.
i have a good feeling about next year and hope for 8 wins and much improvement.lets see what happens.
if not i can assure you a change will be made...stay positive my friends,our players that chose to be a vfl deserve that much.

giphy.gif

OP I got to give you credit.

Most get on here and complain about others complaining. Their negative about folks being negative. They try to show how their far superior for being positive.

You didn’t do that (in this post), thanks.......and keep on being positive.

I’ll positively keep on being a NegaVol until they try to change this crap.

PositiveVol (posivol)

With all due respect, you are assuming a lot about Pruitt and what he has shown or not shown. Even Butch Jones didnt want JG to play if he didnt have to. Pruitt has put us through 3 years of it. 3 years of a QB that didnt belong out there and yet he continued to play him.

When UK didnt have a QB they played a Wildcat brand of football. They adapted.
We continued to throw interceptions.
You DONT need 3 years to see if a guy can be the person that you need leading your program.
Weŕe not asking for a Nick Saban.
What we have right now is not even better than Derek Dooley.

If you lose 18-20 players transferring out then you just might want to try to replace some of them.....Our coach seems to be tied up in a investigation and going before lawyers hired by the university...Our coach has been silent since the 19th of December after the A&M game...darn near a month. While there are transfer looking for a place to land and the Feb signing day just around the corner.

aw lawd.

Reactions: igotworms
And yet again...
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
This always happens to Tennessee just before a head coach’s final year. Phillip Fulmer lost David Cutcliffe, Kurt Roper, Matt Luke and Trooper Taylor at the end of the 2007 season and was then fired in 2008. Derek Dooley had his staff poached in 2011 and was then fired before the 2012 season ended. Butch Jones had his staff poached in 2016 and was then fired before the 2017 season ended.
With players bouncing....reported current staff coaches trying to talk to other schools...mass staff changes going into the following season is usually a recipe for disaster...and a fired HC.

We are supposed to learn from our own history. The powers that be are failing us in this concept of rebuilding a winning program.

the [powers that be are cheap asses....always have been and always will be...when have we ever spent big on a proven coach....ill hang up and wait.

Like Bama's when they chased Shula out of town and hired Saban? No. Weakness is accepting what we've seen these last three years then saying "rah, rah, rah... he's our coach". I actually like Pruitt but he has not performed and has shown very little indication that he's capable.

The kid who blew his nose in your Big Mac was new on the job too... fire him?
He can be fired from that job. I can't.
Demonstrably false. Bama's coaches from Bear to Saban averaged 4 years. UF has no tolerance for losers. Auburn just fired a coach who had proven more than Pruitt.

Perhaps you should be more concerned with what the coach does in 3 years than him being fired after 3 years.

Which is another reason your previous point is false. There is talent to win for the next guy NOW... which improves their chances of success. If he's allowed to lose for the next two years... then the next guy will inherit a roster in need of rebuild.

So keep a coach that isn't getting it done and isn't the future of the program... and why would someone do something that manifestly stupid?
And to be fair he lost to Georgia State, BYU, and in 7 blowouts this fall. He was destroyed by a middling UK team at home. He was beaten by a first year coach trying to rebuild a true disaster at Arkansas.

So he did or did not recruit well? Who did have a normal training camp? Who else had 5 NFL caliber, experienced OL's returning? You COULD argue that he only beat Mizzou because their first year coach was hurt MORE by Covid than other SEC teams.

So you are OK with a coach entering his 4th year "missing several pieces" on the defensive side of the ball... and to date failing to effectively recruit to those positions?
Really? How so? If the past 3 years didn't convince you what will it take this year?
Really? You do realize that many of the players you probably have in mind are either in or are considering the transfer portal, right?
That's not what you are doing... you are supporting the coach regardless of the team not being coached to potential.
Eight wins is all it will take for you following this debacle? So your "standard" for a 4th year coach is beating Bowling Green, Pitt (maybe), South Alabama, an FCS team, and finishing .500 in conference?
You are guaranteeing that Pruitt will survive next fall if he's mediocre? That's reassuring. Indeed. The players DO deserve MUCH better coaching than they've gotten.
Well that much we can agree on.

bama spends money we dont....if we did meyer would be here.

If you lose 18-20 players transferring out then you just might want to try to replace some of them.....Our coach seems to be tied up in a investigation and going before lawyers hired by the university...Our coach has been silent since the 19th of December after the A&M game...darn near a month. While there are transfer looking for a place to land and the Feb signing day just around the corner.

hooker and the number 1 juco d.e. heading our way so far..im sure more to come.

Pruitt is hot garbage of a coach and so out of his league it’s not even funny. He should’ve already been canned if this administration had any balls and were committed to winning. Some universities that care more about having a winning and better football program than we do would’ve fired him after the Georgia St embarrassment and certainly wouldn’t have gave him a contract extension after beating a bunch of teams without a pulse.

PositiveVol (posivol)

With all due respect, you are assuming a lot about Pruitt and what he has shown or not shown. Even Butch Jones didnt want JG to play if he didnt have to. Pruitt has put us through 3 years of it. 3 years of a QB that didnt belong out there and yet he continued to play him.

When UK didnt have a QB they played a Wildcat brand of football. They adapted.
We continued to throw interceptions.
You DONT need 3 years to see if a guy can be the person that you need leading your program.
Weŕe not asking for a Nick Saban.
What we have right now is not even better than Derek Dooley.

im not saying hes a great coach or even a good coach..i pointed out the positives..ive always found you have to spend money to make money...u.t. dosnt go by this model...they hire cheap and hope for a home run...last year everybody wanted the pirate..personally i think he will be gone in a couple more years...guess we will see.

Reactions: LittleVol
You mean, like a woman who calls the cops on her husband because he's beating her? Then attacks the cops when they arrest him?

Good God, get a grip!
Many missing puzzle pieces, go back and watch the games again

Awww support this

Attachments

• source.gif
    source.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: igotworms
Our league is not that tough , there's alabama then everybody else galaxy's far far away.

Makes our fan base look weak? We've been kicked between the legs for a decade. FOH.

VN Store

Back