Things built, torn down and other projects.(Pictures)

@superdave1984, more treehouse pics?
I haven't done much on it lately. I put the roof on and a couple windows in. Nothing pic worthy. I do not plan on doing anything on it this weekend. I have noticed a pattern....when I do work on gameday we lose. Not working on gameday doesn't seem to correlate to a win, but working equals a loss as much as I can tell. I tried to look back over as much of my life as I can remember and this trend seems to have started back in 1992 when we lost to bama. I had to install tile in an office on a Saturday because they didn't want to close for a day during the week. Owner of the business also had tickets to the game. Seems like ever since it has been a pattern. I do not normally do work on a Saturday to speak of. But I ain't doing nothing this weekend.

I haven't done much on it lately. I put the roof on and a couple windows in. Nothing pic worthy. I do not plan on doing anything on it this weekend. I have noticed a pattern....when I do work on gameday we lose. Not working on gameday doesn't seem to correlate to a win, but working equals a loss as much as I can tell. I tried to look back over as much of my life as I can remember and this trend seems to have started back in 1992 when we lost to bama. I had to install tile in an office on a Saturday because they didn't want to close for a day during the week. Owner of the business also had tickets to the game. Seems like ever since it has been a pattern. I do not normally do work on a Saturday to speak of. But I ain't doing nothing this weekend.
Please thank your children from Volnation for their sacrifice.

Reactions: joevol33
Did Dave ever finish or did he do like most men and say “good enough “
Budgetary restrictions have contributed to the extended project completion date. About $150 and a weekend of good weather from finishing. Roll roofing leaks so need to get some shingles. Got to get the railings and then a couple very minor things.

What is it with the popularity of walnut stain on oak flooring?* It hides pet stains better?

I go to restaurants housed in old buildings, and they're applying finishes which show off the distressed nature of the sanded wood flooring - from honey colored to clear.

*My own missus insists on walnut stain on our "reclaimed" wood floors, lighter neutral tones on walls, and bright white ceilings, avowing it aligns with current market trends.

That keeping up with the Jones' gig sucks when the market trend changes next month and you have to start over.

Reactions: VolNExile
On the backside of re-vamping the only bathroom in our old house. It was my dad's. Built around 1932 as just a 3 room tiny house. Then in early 50's they add the backside and upstairs. Everything in this house is wood. Wood behind the sheetrock. Gonna cut out a little wallboard in a hidden place in den and see if shiplap or stacked. If shiplap, stripping that room will be next project. Bathroom walls were solid oak tongue and groove flooring. Only 5x8 room. Had to do a good bit of floor repair and joist bolstering due to some old water damage form the cast iron alcove tub. Gotta keep up the caulking on those things. No back lip. From the cellar looking up, could see 1/3 tub. Will post before and after pics soon. Pretty proud of the job thus far.

On the backside of re-vamping the only bathroom in our old house. It was my dad's. Built around 1932 as just a 3 room tiny house. Then in early 50's they add the backside and upstairs. Everything in this house is wood. Wood behind the sheetrock. Gonna cut out a little wallboard in a hidden place in den and see if shiplap or stacked. If shiplap, stripping that room will be next project. Bathroom walls were solid oak tongue and groove flooring. Only 5x8 room. Had to do a good bit of floor repair and joist bolstering due to some old water damage form the cast iron alcove tub. Gotta keep up the caulking on those things. No back lip. From the cellar looking up, could see 1/3 tub. Will post before and after pics soon. Pretty proud of the job thus far.
Pictures please

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
GOGOGO GVF!

Pictures please

Will be back at it this evening. Got the easy sheetrock up. Have to manipulate around the lights for the final two pieces. Two single lights going to one feed for a 3 bank light. So, breaker off, lantern on, pull one wire, sheetrock up, drill hole to fish wire over from 2nd light, mount new light, power on. Then can mud and paint. New vanity arrives Thursday, and will have to relocate some plumbing that won't line up from old vanity. But, since we seem to have took a lightening strike last night, I will have to do some water heater work today. Right now I think I got lucky and water heater is ticking. But, an old ground wire was resting against the outfeed hose, and blew a hole in it. so I have to replace my feed hoses in order to diagnose if it still functioning properly. I thought it was still raining. It was the water from the heater spraying the underneath of the floor. I will post some progress pics later today, then hopefully next week some final pics. I hope ya'll like the old retro black and white tile floors. Not for everyone, but it fits this house.

VN Store

Back