Things built, torn down and other projects.(Pictures)

I have those. Love them.

I got this over the weekend. Great tool. My 20 year old Craftsman cordless still runs well, but the NiCad batteries don't last long anymore. And are really expensive to replace.
This thing has some serious torque.
885911548731.jpg

Real men buy dewalt.
How’s the project going?

Reactions: MWR and Tin Man
Real men buy dewalt.
How’s the project going?
I like my Craftsman tools. Don't tell the wife this whole thing is a ruse to get to buy new tools.
tools.jpg

I am glad you asked. Here's an update or two.
Lowe's delivered this on Saturday. The "don't tell the wife how much this costs" pile.
.20190817_114654.jpg

So after the first afternoon we had this.
day1.jpg

Last edited:
Safety is very important at this job site.
safety.jpg

The kids are murder on bits. The seem to think that grinding sound means they are working really hard.
bit.jpg

End of day 2. I miscalculated and was short 2 joists and hangers. I took this pic before hanging the last couple joists I had.
day2.jpg

I used 5/16 lag bolts and liquid nails to attach the rim to the posts. I will run carriage bolts through the whole shebang once I get the 2x10 around the outside.

Outstanding

And it’s a good dad who puts the family to work. They will remember helping for the rest of their lives.
I have 1 post that is not exactly plumb and the whole thing is slightly not level, but really close. I should have rented an auger to dig the holes. Tree roots did not budge. Kids are loving it. The oldest, who has been a real problem for us, is really eager to work on it. My son wants to know when he can play on it. He also wants a pole to slide down, a rope, and a zip line. And I miscalculated on the height. It is 8 feet to the bottom of the joist, not to the top of the floor. Oh well, they are insured.
My wife thinks she is gonna get to "decorate" the inside. Whut? My son probably sprained an eye muscle when she said that.

I have 1 post that is not exactly plumb and the whole thing is slightly not level, but really close. I should have rented an auger to dig the holes. Tree roots did not budge. Kids are loving it. The oldest, who has been a real problem for us, is really eager to work on it. My son wants to know when he can play on it. He also wants a pole to slide down, a rope, and a zip line. And I miscalculated on the height. It is 8 feet to the bottom of the joist, not to the top of the floor. Oh well, they are insured.
My wife thinks she is gonna get to "decorate" the inside. Whut? My son probably sprained an eye muscle when she said that.
What are your plans for siding?
Will you be putting anything on the walls inside?

What are your plans for siding?
Will you be putting anything on the walls inside?
Not sure yet. I like the pallet board idea. That would work for inside and outside. Plus be dirt cheap if not free. But I have no truck to go gather the things and there's no way she would be on board with me piling them in/on the minivan. Even though putting a few 2x8 on top is perfectly fine.. The wife thinks I need to run power out there for a light. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Not sure yet. I like the pallet board idea. That would work for inside and outside. Plus be dirt cheap if not free. But I have no truck to go gather the things and there's no way she would be on board with me piling them in/on the minivan. Even though putting a few 2x8 on top is perfectly fine.. The wife thinks I need to run power out there for a light. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Why not.
Direct burial wire is your friend

+1

It’s a playhouse! If it doesn’t have wasp nests or rusty nails sticking out, that’s as good as it should be. Playhouses are for fun and for pretend.

I hope there’s a few gaps in the roof to see the moon and stars through.

No, I just feel like it should be more of a natural space. If there's electricity out there it's too much like being in the house. They'll be wanting a TV or some crap like that. Then they'll want running water. And furniture. And A/C...

You’re missing a real opportunity to get them out of your way for a few extra hours a day

You’re missing a real opportunity to get them out of your way for a few extra hours a day
Psshhht. We just send them outside now. Like parents are supposed to do. None of them have phones. Just go outside and do something that doesn't cause me to have to fix anything or take you to the ER.

VN Store

Back