Super Stud Spurrier

TBALLVOL

I heard on a sports program that every day Spurrier does like 300 situps, 300 push-ups, works out with weights, runs, and bikes about 30 miles..and I'm sure I'm leaving out some activity. Anyway, that's not bad for a guy over 60. Do you think it helps him motivate his team to work hard? Do you think Fulmer's shape is any handicap to him motivating his team?...not much else to talk about right now. I think his obsession with fitness is a recent development..Do you think he's doing this just to beat Fulmer at something?

maybe he's just a healthy guy....?? i'm sure it motivates his players bc he can say..."Hey, I'm 60 and I work out harder" possible ego thing?

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Apr 26, 2005 3:19 PM
Do you think Fulmer's shape is any handicap to him motivating his team?

I think anybody that loses motivation when they look at Fulmer quickly regains their desire when they see the National Championship ring on his finger.

I bet if you did a survey of all the coaches that have won a national championship or a super bowl, the majority of them were dough boys.

Originally posted by GAVol+Apr 26, 2005 2:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Apr 26, 2005 2:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TBALLVOL@Apr 26, 2005 3:19 PM
Do you think Fulmer&#39;s shape is any handicap to him motivating his team?

I think anybody that loses motivation when they look at Fulmer quickly regains their desire when they see the National Championship ring on his finger. [/quote]
Exactly&#33; :cool:

I heard he was working on the cure for cancer, aids, and world peace.

Would have to assume? He&#39;s physicaly preparing for his "IM SO MAD&#33;" :furious3: visor toss

Well have to start a running bet at a guestimate how many slings he gives it
OCT 29th

Spurriers work out was more of a head game with the media down in SC.
I think he did it to show he cannot be outworked and all that coach speak gibberish without actually having to say it. A new attitude for the Gamecocks and seperation from the older aged Holtz. I can remember a few times some in the media questioning if Spurrier is still young enough to recapture the status he had with the Gators.

Must be that good ol&#39; Columbia Sc water&#33; MMMMM&#39;MM good&#33;
He&#39;s happy as a lark&#33; Someone hired him. In the SEC to boot.

He failed in the NFL and has to find his redemption somewhere.

Talk his talk to SC fan&#39;s&#39; its impressive to them :wavey:

His jibberish hoopla wont excite them. Nor future recruits that wonder when he&#39;ll split, and cash in his mini-golf free game passes. Holtz did what that school expected.

Interviews alil tv. Even got fans out and thinking they might go to the games.
I intend no offense to a real SC fan&#39; support your team&#33;

That is needed down there, and im all for that.

But visor-boy and his goshdang&#39;it&#39;s arent what SC needed.

Id expect him to pull out a squeeker here and there but not bring SC the respect they have so long strived for....Remember this if SC improve&#39;s at best you&#39;ll never be able to spell CitruS any different&#33;

Get used to it&#39; and game ball&#39;s handed out to your punter&#33;

VN Store

Back