Super Regional Updates

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
Brackets So Far. Only 1 SuperRegion is completely set.

NC State (3-0)
#1 Arkansas (2-1) or Nebraska (3-1)

#9 Stanford (2-1) or UC Irvine (3-1)
#8 Texas Tech (3-0) . . . will host

#12 Mississippi (2-1) or Southern Miss (3-1)
#5 Arizona (3-0) . . . will host

#13 East Carolina (3-0)
#4 Vanderbilt (3-0) . . . . Will host

South Alabama (3-1) or South Florida (2-1)
#2 Texas (3-0) . . . Will host

#10 Notre Dame (3-0)
#7 Mississippi State (2-0) or Campbell (2-1) 2 possible games Monday

Dallas Baptist (2-1) or Oregon State (3-1)
#11 Old Dominion (2-1) or Virginia (3-1)

#14 Oregon (2-1) or LSU (3-1)
#3 Tennessee (3-0) . . . will host

Normally 4 of the Super Regional series will start on Friday and the other 4 will start on Saturday. I'm guessing ESPN gets a say in who plays when.

I just think Tennessee will be a Saturday start. Which is good news. An extra day to get ready and bring in more seats????

It is interesting that only Vanderbilt and ECU know who they're playing next week.

I do wish that UT would announce how and ESPECIALLY WHEN tickets will go on sale. It was odd last week they announced last week they would sell tickets After the teams are announced and actually started selling a few minutes early when the announcement show actually started. Tickets were almost sold out even before Tennessee's bracket was announced last. Maybe all this is NCAA rules but at least announce now so I can concentrate on work tomorrow and Tuesday!

Nine SEC teams made the tourney.
Three (Florida, SC, and Alabama) have been eliminated.
Two of these were host teams But only Florida was the highest seeded team
LSU, Mississippi and Arkansas play winner-take-all games on Monday. LSU is only one on road
Due to weather, Mississippi State only needs to win 1 of next 2
Tennessee and Vanderbilt have clinched.
The only possible All-SEC Super would be LSU @ Tennessee

It is not clear where DBU/Ore. State vs. ODU/UVA will be played next week
Per previously released rules; only the 20 nominated sites can host

Those 20 schools were:
The bold teams did not host a regional as Pittsburgh not even qualifying for tourney.
The strikethrough teams have been eliminated from tourney
The red teams will definitely host next weekend

ARIZONA
Oregon
Arkansas
Pittsburgh
Charlotte
South Carolina
East Carolina
Southern Mississippi
Florida
Stanford
Gonzaga
TCU
Louisiana Tech

TENNESSEE
Mississippi State
TEXAS
Notre Dame
TEXAS TECH
Ole Miss
VANDERBILT

It will be most interesting how the NCAA decides this.
Fort Worth seems like a good choice. TCU was the national seed that was on track to host anyway and DBU would be the de facto host team. Meaning a greater gate.
Perhaps the NCAA could double up a tournament site and play double headers every day. A good option would be to play at one of the fields that has artificial turf to assure a lower chance of rain outs.
Coincidentally, the winner of that Super Region would play the winner of UT's Super Region in first game of CWS.
So, I ask this: why not let UT host that series as well? It actually makes a lot of sense. Knoxville would be roughly halfway between DBU and the Virginia schools. (not so for Ore. State)
In the unlikely event that Nebraska beats Arkansas again; the same situation will apply as neither NC State or Nebraska could host.

Last edited:
Brackets So Far. Only 1 SuperRegion is completely set.

NC State (3-0)
#1 Arkansas (2-1) or Nebraska (3-1)

#9 Stanford (2-1) or UC Irvine (3-1)
#8 Texas Tech (3-0) . . . will host

#12 Mississippi (2-1) or Southern Miss (3-1)
#5 Arizona (3-0) . . . will host

#13 East Carolina (3-0)
#4 Vanderbilt (3-0) . . . . Will host

South Alabama (3-1) or South Florida (2-1)
#2 Texas (3-0) . . . Will host

#10 Notre Dame (3-0)
#7 Mississippi State (2-0) or Campbell (2-1) 2 possible games Monday

Dallas Baptist (2-1) or Oregon State (3-1)
#11 Old Dominion (2-1) or Virginia (3-1)

#14 Oregon (2-1) or LSU (3-1)
#3 Tennessee (3-0) . . . will host

Normally 4 of the Super Regional series will start on Friday and the other 4 will start on Saturday. I'm guessing ESPN gets a say in who plays when.

I just think Tennessee will be a Saturday start. Which is good news. An extra day to get ready and bring in more seats????

It is interesting that only Vanderbilt and ECU know who they're playing next week.

I do wish that UT would announce how and ESPECIALLY WHEN tickets will go on sale. It was odd last week they announced last week they would sell tickets After the teams are announced and actually started selling a few minutes early when the announcement show actually started. Tickets were almost sold out even before Tennessee's bracket was announced last. Maybe all this is NCAA rules but at least announce now so I can concentrate on work tomorrow and Tuesday!

Nine SEC teams made the tourney.
Three (Florida, SC, and Alabama) have been eliminated.
Two of these were host teams But only Florida was the highest seeded team
LSU, Mississippi and Arkansas play winner-take-all games on Monday. LSU is only one on road
Due to weather, Mississippi State only needs to win 1 of next 2
Tennessee and Vanderbilt have clinched.
The only possible All-SEC Super would be LSU @ Tennessee

It is not clear where DBU/Ore. State vs. ODU/UVA will be played next week
Per previously released rules; only the 20 nominated sites can host

Those 20 schools were:
The bold teams did not host a regional as Pittsburgh not even qualifying for tourney.
The strikethrough teams have been eliminated from tourney
The red teams will definitely host next weekend

ARIZONA
Oregon
Arkansas
Pittsburgh
Charlotte
South Carolina
East Carolina
Southern Mississippi
Florida
Stanford
Gonzaga
TCU
Louisiana Tech

TENNESSEE
Mississippi State
TEXAS
Notre Dame
TEXAS TECH
Ole Miss
VANDERBILT

It will be most interesting how the NCAA decides this.
Fort Worth seems like a good choice. TCU was the national seed that was on track to host anyway and DBU would be the de facto host team. Meaning a greater gate.
Perhaps the NCAA could double up a tournament site and play double headers every day. A good option would be to play at one of the fields that has artificial turf to assure a lower chance of rain outs.
Coincidentally, the winner of that Super Region would play the winner of UT's Super Region in first game of CWS.
So, I ask this: why not let UT host that series as well? It actually makes a lot of sense. Knoxville would be roughly halfway between DBU and the Virginia schools. (not so for Ore. State)
In the unlikely event that Nebraska beats Arkansas again; the same situation will apply as neither NC State or Nebraska could host.

Thank you Frye!!!

This is the story we’re up against...

#Let’sCrashTheParty!

On selection day the talking heads said we got screwed right? Where are they now?

Do I care, do I give a ****, no, not really, but do these kids deserve better? Maybe.

Go take it! Go take it. You fellas can play with anybody, but you will have to take it, so...take it!!!

GBO!!!

Last edited:
Update from utsports.com and allvols.com

NCAA Baseball Super Regional Ticket Information

Once opponent and game times are set, we will be able to update information regarding the opportunity to purchase NCAA Baseball Super Regional tickets. Please continue to check allvols.com and utsports.com for the most up-to-date information.

ncaabaseball.png

Thanks Frye, in other words...might not be a lot of room for the meek, poor and downtrodden....

That’s okay, we’ve always got ESPN3. 😜😡🤬

The SEC network really needs to step up for this. It's why they exist
Not holding my breath. If someone has an "air time" comparison between universities and sports programs I would love to see it. Only way to fix that network is giving rotating equal days and times for the school to provide programming. I would rather see a live UT swimming event or other competition than talking heads or 20 year old football games.

I think our side of the bracket in Omaha sets up REAL nice. I'm not saying if we made it to Omaha I'd guarantee a National Title appearance, but if we're looking at matchups, you avoid arguably the three best teams IMO that aren't Tennessee (TTU, Arky, Vandy) and instead you get an SEC team you already beat the brakes off (MSU), possibly a mid-major that's hot (DBU or ODU), and a Texas team that is pretty good, but played weak competition most of the year outside of three teams.

I like our chances in that group.

VN Store

Back