Super Mario 3D All Stars (Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy) -Switch

Brave Volunteer

Pretty damn cool collection! It launches September 18th but here's the kicker, it's only going to be available for a limited time, through March 2021, even digitally. Get it while available.

Super-Mario-3D-All-Stars.jpg

Man...I love Nintendo, and yeah I'm getting this because I don't have a copy of Sunshine anymore.

But good lord they are the kings of getting us to buy their same games over and over, and with the limited time stuff. I hate it but it's genius. I just wish they'd thrown in Galaxy 2 to get all the N64 through Wii 3D Mario games in.

I’ve convinced my son he needs it... I’ll be playing Mario64 in no time.

I’ve convinced my son he needs it... I’ll be playing Mario64 in no time.

I need to tally up how many times I've bought Super Mario 64 now. I think this will be about the 5th time; original N64 game, DS port, Wii Virtual Console, Wii U Virtual Conole....yep this will b #5.

I need to tally up how many times I've bought Super Mario 64 now. I think this will be about the 5th time; original N64 game, DS port, Wii Virtual Console, Wii U Virtual Conole....yep this will b #5.

LOL well for me I've only ever bought Mario 64 once, back in the day on the N64. Hell I never even beat it. I never played Sunshine or Galaxy so this package is great for me!

My only gripe with this package is Nintendo remastered Sunshine and Galaxy in full 1080p widescreen but not Mario 64 (Its 720p 4:3 aspect ratio). Why Nintendo WHY???

For me, Mario Galaxy is the real star (no pun intended) of the collection. It is freakishly addictive and it's gorgeous on the Switch. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to play it with the pro controller but I adapted pretty quickly and now I'm pretty good with it.

Man...I love Nintendo, and yeah I'm getting this because I don't have a copy of Sunshine anymore.

But good lord they are the kings of getting us to buy their same games over and over, and with the limited time stuff. I hate it but it's genius. I just wish they'd thrown in Galaxy 2 to get all the N64 through Wii 3D Mario games in.
Completely agree on Galaxy 2. Rest easy, I hear it’s supposed to be DLC in December. I’m sure at a cost of course but that is a great game. I’m just waiting to see what they’re going to do for Zelda’s 35th anniversary Q1 ‘21. BOTW 2? I doubt it but I can dream.

Completely agree on Galaxy 2. Rest easy, I hear it’s supposed to be DLC in December. I’m sure at a cost of course but that is a great game. I’m just waiting to see what they’re going to do for Zelda’s 35th anniversary Q1 ‘21. BOTW 2? I doubt it but I can dream.

There are strong rumors they are making an upgraded Skyward Sword port for the Switch, which I'd be all for. I'd love to be able to play it without having to use all the motion controls.

There are strong rumors they are making an upgraded Skyward Sword port for the Switch, which I'd be all for. I'd love to be able to play it without having to use all the motion controls.
The way Nintendo loves retreads that wouldn’t shock me at all. I’m surprised Majora’s Mask never got any reboots on main consoles. I guess OoT technically didn’t either though although you did get the master quest of it. MM wasn’t as good but the dungeons were good. I hear old school dungeons are coming back for BOTW 2. I hope so. That was about the only thing missing from the first one. 2 of the divine beasts were pretty good (elephant and camel if I recall correctly) but the other 2 weren’t.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Super Mario Sunshine is a lot more difficult than I remember. It doesn't have the camera quirks/general annoyances of Super Mario 64, but the depth perception/skill involved with the sans-FLUDD levels are something I don't recall driving me quite as insane when I was a kid.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Super Mario Sunshine is a lot more difficult than I remember. It doesn't have the camera quirks/general annoyances of Super Mario 64, but the depth perception/skill involved with the sans-FLUDD levels are something I don't recall driving me quite as insane when I was a kid.

I never 100% that game, because some of the side quest stuff was brutal.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back