Super Hot Peppers

I was wondering about the taste too. That's my biggest problem with the super hots. They just don't taste good to me. Was there any delayed hit? Like did the heat come on later?
Nope, came right away, the heat was almost gone about 5 minutes in for me, definitely gone by 10 minutes. I didn't drink anything for 30 minutes but I was just thirsty by then. I had a slight stomach cramp about an hour later but that didn't last long either. The taste of it was definitely the worst part.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Anyone else growing any? I know cali vol is. How's your doing Cali?

I've got two Ghost pepper plants, one not doing real well but the other is very healthy and has 4 peppers right now. I bought them in January and they were about 4 inches tall.

I also just received my Carolina Reaper and Chocolate Scorpion seeds and have two each germinating. I started them the 12th of this month. They say germination for super hots can take up to 3 weeks. I'm using the paper towel method and a heat pad hoping to cut down on the germination time.

Anyway, I'm just learning these are more difficult to grow than other peppers and vegetables. I've learned quite a bit, but still have many questions. Any tips are welcomed.

Here's my Ghost that's doing good.

View attachment 132578.

View attachment 132579
didnt know u were a puber

Reactions: malinoisvol
My Granddad would have advised you to take a wet 'to (potato) sack with you to the outhouse in the mornin'!
To quote Anthony Bourdain…..
“I’m not complaining or anything but #Nashville Hot Chicken can be a three day commitment. #FuelAirExplosive”
And my experience with Hattie B’s can indeed confirm that assertion 😬

There's a new docuseries on Hulu called "Superhot: The Spicy World of Pepper People". I'm only on the first episode but it's about people trying to create the next hottest pepper so far.
I saw that! It is on my list.

Since I have moved back to TN now, and settled in our new house, we are starting the preparations for a garden. I can't wait to get back to growing them and making sauce.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
I saw that! It is on my list.

Since I have moved back to TN now, and settled in our new house, we are starting the preparations for a garden. I can't wait to get back to growing them and making sauce.
I finished ot last night, it's pretty good. It's about new some sauce makers and finding the hottest pepper and there's some pepper eating contests. Definitely would watch if that kind of stuff interests you.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

VN Store

Back