Super Bowl LIII Thread, 6:30 PM ET (2/3/19), CBS

Well... Fun season. Kind of a slow Super Bowl. On to the draft.

Alliance of American Football anyone?

Well... Fun season. Kind of a slow Super Bowl. On to the draft.

Alliance of American Football anyone?

I'll probably watch the first week and keep up with it. It looks like its trying to set itself up as an official minor league for the NFL and I honestly think that's the only way one of these spring leagues will survive long term.

It has a decent TV setup for a start up league, with a few games being on CBS, some being on CBS Sports Network, and now the NFL Network agreeing to show some games.

You must not be very old.

Also there's no way it was worse than the Broncos/Seahawks from 5 years ago. That was boring and over at halftime.

At least the blow outs had some exciting plays on one side.

Granted there was tension that eventually one team was going to score. Although I never felt like the Rams were in it.

At least the blow outs had some exciting plays on one side.

Granted there was tension that eventually one team was going to score. Although I never felt like the Rams were in it.

I guess, but who cared? The game was over. I'd rather have the scenario that the game is at least still in doubt than have it over by halftime.

And I felt the opposite, I felt like the Pats were doing so little that the Rams needed one play to get back in it. They just never came through.

Reactions: alaVOL
I guess, but who cared? The game was over. I'd rather have the scenario that the game is at least still in doubt than have it over by halftime.

And I felt the opposite, I felt like the Pats were doing so little that the Rams needed one play to get back in it. They just never came through.

I thought the Pats were at least moving the ball and getting first downs and into Rams territory where as the Rams were going 3 and Out, 3 and Out... their longest drive in the first half was 5 plays. That’s why I knew the Rams D would get tired and the Pats D would hang on.

I thought the Pats were at least moving the ball and getting first downs and into Rams territory where as the Rams were going 3 and Out, 3 and Out... their longest drive in the first half was 5 plays. That’s why I knew the Rams D would get tired and the Pats D would hang on.

And that's why Edelman was MVP. He moved the sticks so many times. If the Pats D had been on the field more, Rams O would have started clicking.

Super Bowl LIII drew an 44.9 overnight rating, the lowest rating since the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII, 27-23.

Other than the Seahawks/Broncos blowout, feels like this was the first dud/non exciting game in awhile

Reactions: Plecoptera
You must not be very old.

Also there's no way it was worse than the Broncos/Seahawks from 5 years ago. That was boring and over at halftime.
Anyone else old enough to have sit through Super Bowl V? Not so much boring but so poorly played. So bad that a linebacker from the losing team got the MVP.

Reactions: HoptownVol
Other than the Seahawks/Broncos blowout, feels like this was the first dud/non exciting game in awhile
That's the one I was thinking of during this game.
I've seen lots of folks arguing that it wasn't boring because good defense is good football. Yeah, but that's why they say defense wins championships and offense sells tickets. That's because without offense, it can be boring. When Goff threw it away from his own end zone (without getting the ball back to the line of scrimmage), I had a split second of thinking this game might end in a 5-3 final.

That's the one I was thinking of during this game.
I've seen lots of folks arguing that it wasn't boring because good defense is good football. Yeah, but that's why they say defense wins championships and offense sells tickets. That's because without offense, it can be boring. When Goff threw it away from his own end zone (without getting the ball back to the line of scrimmage), I had a split second of thinking this game might end in a 5-3 final.
The only saving grace from this game was that it was at least competitive throughout... I don't think that low scoring, defensive struggles are necessarily boring. The first Pats/Giants Super Bowl from 2008 was only 17-14 but it also featured one of the best plays in SB history (Tyree's catch) and some other clutch plays and two lead changes late in the game. This one had none of those things... Nothing really stands out about it.

VN Store

Back