Super Bowl LIII Thread, 6:30 PM ET (2/3/19), CBS

Big game this weekend.

Interesting battle of coaches. Belichick - perhaps the greatest NFL head coach of all time - against Sean McVay - young guy who everyone has a lot of confidence in but is mostly unproven.

Win or lose, McVay has a lot of years left to prove whatever. And Belichick needs to prove nothing at this point. But still, its the old guard vs the new.

I think the victory will go to the Patriots though. And I don't think it will be very close.

Other story lines include

the QB match-up but I don't think anyone expects Goff to be the player TB12 is (like him or not). I think Brady v Breeze would be more interesting - two older guys, two very smart guys. They say defense wins championships. But I think its QB smarts as much as anything. Of course in football, anything can happen.

Is Gronk about to retire? Is this his swan-song? Will be interesting to watch him play this week as well.

Will be fun to see Donald trying to get pressure on TB. I think that's the only way to hope to neutralize him. He may say he has trained his brain to resist concussions, but I think the age has got him a little skittish about taking hits the last few years.

Looking forward to a good game. I have good friend who is a die-hard Saints fan. He says if the Rams win, he is buying a Saints-Championship shirt. I'd like to see him wear such a thing so that makes me pull for the Rams. Yet McVay has gotten enough love for one year. This Chiefs fan can't decide who to pull for.

I dont think this game will be very good. Donald and the Rams DL will likely not be able to pressure Brady. The Chiefs and Chargers, whom both possess much better pass rush, werent able to get much pressure. The Rams do have some really good DBs but I think Brady picks them apart. The big question will be is can the Rams stop NEs run game. The Pats have beenable to control the clock and run very well.

Belicheck will have a great defensive plan for the Rams. Like they do way more often than not, the Pats defense will show up in force in the biggest stage. The Pats will be well in control going into the 4th and cruise to another win.

I heard Maroon 5 might take a knee during their halftime show to show support

The band will perform alongside Travis Scott and Big Boi at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgie, and after a huge - and utterly bizarre - online petition, received more than a million votes, it's looking like they are going to play a song from psychedelic kids' TV show SpongeBob SquarePants.

If Maroon 5 does indeed perform Sweet Victory from Sponge Bob then consider me a fan

VN Store

Back