Sun Belt Billy sounding glum and talking noise at Neyland

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper

Sounds down imo.

Minute 10 - Says they'll do some noise simulations, but then compares what their defense deals with in the swamp to being an example of communication difficulties....

I won't be there, but trust my pops and the rest of you that are will give the gators a warm welcome.

He doesn’t exude much confidence. I’m not sure if that’s his style or if it’s a reflection of his current team.
If they beat us it does a lot for his credibility. To date this is the single most important game of Heupel’s career as a coach. He wins it sets back Florida and pushes Tennessee ahead in recruiting.

I think Napier could be good but he seems like that job is a lot for him. I’m just not sure that he was ready for that big a spotlight but I guess we will see.

If they beat us it does a lot for his credibility. To date this is the single most important game of Heupel’s career as a coach. He wins it sets back Florida and pushes Tennessee ahead in recruiting.

I think Napier could be good but he seems like that job is a lot for him. I’m just not sure that he was ready for that big a spotlight but I guess we will see.

If Tennessee pounds Florida i think his seat will start to feel uncomfortably warm. I think Billy Napier will be a short timer like his predecessors Dan Mullen,Jim McElwain and Will Muschamp.

I’m expecting it to be ‘06 Cal game loud or ‘15 OU loud. Both of those games were so oppressively loud that my ears were ringing when I left.

OU 15 is the loudest i've been to in recent memory. OU 3rd and goal was deafening.

In his 1st game at UF he has already accomplished something Butch couldn’t in 5 years at UT, beat a top 10 team. I hope he falls flat on his face, but a 1st year P5 coach losing a close game to a good UK team with an elite QB doesn’t imply he is going to be Butch part 2.

Reactions: walkenvol

I played my (limited) college Ball at App State so I follow the Sunbelt conference pretty closely (I'm old, we were Southern Conference when I was there). It is a rare exception that makes that leap successfully (I actually can't think of one unless you look at Tressel from Youngstown to OSU). Satterfield was a great coach at App State and he is struggling at Louisville. Drinkwitz is going to be gone from Mizzou this year or next. Shawn Elliot was only allowed to be interim at SCjr. The leap is just too big. I went to play for Mack Brown but he left for Tulane then to Carolina before he was able to produce at a high level. My actual Coach was Sparky Woods and he totally screwed the pooch at SCjr. I can't think of any coach that has gone from that level to Power 5 and been successful.

Sounds down imo.

Minute 10 - Says they'll do some noise simulations, but then compares what their defense deals with in the swamp to being an example of communication difficulties....

I won't be there, but trust my pops and the rest of you that are will give the gators a warm welcome.

He looks like a human ballsack

Reactions: JettVol
I played my (limited) college Ball at App State so I follow the Sunbelt conference pretty closely (I'm old, we were Southern Conference when I was there). It is a rare exception that makes that leap successfully (I actually can't think of one unless you look at Tressel from Youngstown to OSU). Satterfield was a great coach at App State and he is struggling at Louisville. Drinkwitz is going to be gone from Mizzou this year or next. Shawn Elliot was only allowed to be interim at SCjr. The leap is just too big. I went to play for Mack Brown but he left for Tulane then to Carolina before he was able to produce at a high level. My actual Coach was Sparky Woods and he totally screwed the pooch at SCjr. I can't think of any coach that has gone from that level to Power 5 and been successful.

What was it like playing for Sparky? I lived in Gibbs a few doors down from his son Sparky back in the early 00s. Casey Woods was really cool to everyone (and a very funny guy).

VN Store

Back