Summitt was the first

OrngeJuiceJones

Summitt was the first women's coach to make 1 million per year in women's college basketball. Right now Holly makes somewhere around 660,000$ total. That's nowhere near top 10 highest paid. We committed to winning a long time ago, and right now we're committing 600,000$ plus to a declining program. Attendance is rapidly declining from year to year, game to game, and this year we will lose, if I read this correctly, just over 1 million dollars from what we made last year from attendance. That's a huge figure for women's college basketball, a sport that usually doesn't make a ton of money for any university. The numbers alone show its time for a change, and time to go pay someone and commit again to this once mighty, and proud program.

Reactions: feathersax
Pat is the greatest. Others may pass her in total wins, NC's, and other various records, but she did it in an era where few people were paying attention (early on). Grace and class personified, but with an icy glare and steely personality who willed her teams to victory. Holly is a terrific recruiter and wonderful person, but pales in comparison to Pat's fire, passion, intensity, knowledge, and therefore results.

Reactions: ehill3
Pat is the greatest. Others may pass her in total wins, NC's, and other various records, but she did it in an era where few people were paying attention (early on). Grace and class personified, but with an icy glare and steely personality who willed her teams to victory. Holly is a terrific recruiter and wonderful person, but pales in comparison to Pat's fire, passion, intensity, knowledge, and therefore results.
If not for that horrible disease, she’d still be coaching and would be on her way to passing 1500 wins. That’s unthinkable. But she averaged roughly 29 wins per season and by the end of this year she would’ve been around 1300 wins. And who’s to say she wouldn’t have wanted to coach another 7-8 years. I think she would have gotten there. It’s a shame that this once proud program that she built is being torn down with every passing game, by one of her own nonetheless.

Holly makes 690 thousand and that is well below what the top major program coaches make. A lot of post on here about replacing her and it may happen after the season. Right now I wish she would make a few changes and see if that would get the team going to at least an NCAA bid. To think she is going to be replaced before the end of the season is doubtful and even if it happened would be no hire until season end. An Assistant would take over and get us through.

Summitt was the first women's coach to make 1 million per year in women's college basketball. Right now Holly makes somewhere around 660,000$ total. That's nowhere near top 10 highest paid. We committed to winning a long time ago, and right now we're committing 600,000$ plus to a declining program. Attendance is rapidly declining from year to year, game to game, and this year we will lose, if I read this correctly, just over 1 million dollars from what we made last year from attendance. That's a huge figure for women's college basketball, a sport that usually doesn't make a ton of money for any university. The numbers alone show its time for a change, and time to go pay someone and commit again to this once mighty, and proud program.
You get what you pay for...

Reactions: cardvolfan
Didn't Holly give up some of her salary so more would go to the assistants?
Posting in the form of a question because I'm not sure ...

VN Store

Back