Summitt Wants Juniors to Step Up

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
After losing just one starter, all eyes will be on Tennessee's rising senior class heading into 2011-12.

More...

Maybe with luck she won't have an idiot Athletic Director (not speaking of Cronyn) that finds it necessary to upstage a successful program on game-day with announcements designed to save his own ass. Two times in a row the idiot-in-residence, Hamilton, did all he could to distract Summitt's players. It may not have been THE problem but it had to be A problem. I hope that there is a better AD before next season.

Good Season LVols,wanted to play UCONN. It was the lack of Simmons that cost us the game. She is a frosh but her confidence was killed after sitting on the bench.

Maybe with luck she won't have an idiot Athletic Director (not speaking of Cronyn) that finds it necessary to upstage a successful program on game-day with announcements designed to save his own ass. Two times in a row the idiot-in-residence, Hamilton, did all he could to distract Summitt's players. It may not have been THE problem but it had to be A problem. I hope that there is a better AD before next season.

Wait....its Hamilton's fault?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

OrangeByBirth - they won't need an AD to do it. Pat does it on her own lately with all of her public rants and crazy substitutions. Just like Pearl, who messed in his own nest.

Nice try, but this was easy to see coming for a long time. No competition in the regular season and players playing out of position against tougher competition...a bad shooting night, you are gone. These girls all year have shone a lack of desire (inner desire) to succeed.

Good Season LVols,wanted to play UCONN. It was the lack of Simmons that cost us the game. She is a frosh but her confidence was killed after sitting on the bench.

Blaming the loss on Simmons is BS. It's a team loss and rightfully so. This team wasn't hungry enough and most games only played slightly better than the team they were playing, just enough to win. If you watched the less talented, less atheletic Notre Dame team you would notice that their passes, for the most part, were pinpoint perfect. We have all these bigs and can't keep them out of the paint? Meighan Simmons didn't miss all those shots for the team, nor did she not block out, nor did she let Notre Dame get all those rebounds. Yes, this team could have gone to the final 4 and perhaps won but clearly wasn't the best team. They had the talent but took winning for granted against mostly lesser competition. Part of the blame goes to the coaches but they can only do so much. If the rest of the team had the desire to win like Simmons they would have been blowing out teams, even in the tournament. Wake up and look at the facts.:shakehead:

Might be the dumbest thing I've read today
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Nice try, but this was easy to see coming for a long time. No competition in the regular season and players playing out of position against tougher competition...a bad shooting night, you are gone. These girls all year have shone a lack of desire (inner desire) to succeed.

Ditto. The only good thing is at least we didn't have to suffer a humiliating loss to Geno because that would have clearly happened had we gotten that far. You could see this loss coming and it very easily could have come against Marquette.

juniors want summit to find an offense to run. me too.

It also seemed to me that they didn't have a good plan, or pure lack of execution one, to get the ball inside. Anyone knows that if they clog the inside you feed the ball outside and make them pay a few times to open up the middle. Spami was hot and hitting her 3s so as long as she was making them then why not set her up to soften the middle? Tennessee's defense was terrible I thought.

Simmons Shimmons.....We got beat by a better coached team. We were fighting back without her until that snitch pulled K. Cain backwards and down on her, then called her a fat a** and pushed Kelley. ONLY TO JUST TO HAVE A T called on our girl for yelling a ARRRHHHH!! back @ her. That was the least most woulda done after being molested, cussed, then physically abused......But I digress. They obviously wanted it more and I'm still pissed about it.:banghead2:

It also seemed to me that they didn't have a good plan, or pure lack of execution one, to get the ball inside. Anyone knows that if they clog the inside you feed the ball outside and make them pay a few times to open up the middle. Spami was hot and hitting her 3s so as long as she was making them then why not set her up to soften the middle? Tennessee's defense was terrible I thought.

one would have to look long and hard to find anything positive about this team tonight. Other than talent. Very disappointed.

Simmons Shimmons.....We got beat by a better coached team. We were fighting back without her until that snitch pulled K. Cain backwards and down on her, then called her a fat a** and pushed Kelley. ONLY TO JUST TO HAVE A T called on our girl for yelling a ARRRHHHH!! back @ her. That was the least most woulda done after being molested, cussed, then physically abused......But I digress. They obviously wanted it more and I'm still pissed about it.:banghead2:

I woulda done more than just yell at that *****....good for Cain.

VN Store

Back