Summed up

And that's why the name is Peaygolf instead of something like Stanfordgolf, Yalegolf, or Princetongolf.
Ouch

You did see the "frown smirk emoji"...........right? That's called sarcasm Einstein. How were your trade school years?

How many kids will get 1 million?? I just don't think college athletes are that marketable outside of their area. And the ones with big TV markets have plenty of more reputable and dependable people (think LA, Chicago, New York). And then name more than 1 or 2 players from a team outside of the Sec. see my point?

I just think the kids and some of yall think people have trillions of dollars for these college athletes and that is laughable. One or 2 kids a year will get 1 million in endorsements.. The other 10,000 will make a couple hundred bucks a year imo.

I've said for years that the largest contributing factor to a failing business is internal issues, not because of competition. The same can be said for sports. We haven't sucked because Alabama is great. If we get our own house in order everything else will take care of itself.
You get it

I used to have a lengthy commute to work and in the mornings would listen to Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio.
Whenever the topic of running up the score or getting habitually beat in a rivalry game would come up, Golic always responded with something I will never forget.
"You don't like me to run up the score, stop me! You don't like getting beat every year, stop me!"

As your daughter stated...play good or don't...stop me or don't...win or don't !!!

I've said for years that the largest contributing factor to a failing business is internal issues, not because of competition. The same can be said for sports. We haven't sucked because Alabama is great. If we get our own house in order everything else will take care of itself.
Wife and I have been going back and watching some of the Marvel movies recently.
This recalls a scene in Captain America: Civil War where they catch up to Zemo in the bunker.
Zemo says "An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead... forever."

Let's hope that 'forever' can be overcome with getting rid of our internal issues (which by accounts seems to have happened) and building with an AD and Coach that are in tune.

If Jimmy and Joe gets a mil. and John gets a nickel we need to throw to John's side. Of course we may have John throwing to John.

That young man understands that adding two stronger programs in the SEC will not be good for the records of us bottom feeders. A lot of Vol Nation does not.
More kids from the Midwest will now want to play in the SEC. More money will roll in from the bowls. We are one of the richest schools in the conference. Tools are there for the right mechanic.

Reactions: LittleVol
That young man understands that adding two stronger programs in the SEC will not be good for the records of us bottom feeders. A lot of Vol Nation does not.
Yeah, he probably needs to man up a bit, but he just turned 10, so it's a work in progress
I’d like to recommend this post for one of the best comebacks of 2021. Can I get a second?

Reactions: Volprofch05
College football will change forever with the NIL, 19 yr old kids making 1 million dollars. Maybe I’ll play hard today , maybe I won’t, just cashed a nice check.
Now superconferences , yeah I see the writing on the wall.
Welcome to NFL junior league.
Makes me think we might be okay as 3 star U. Hell, we can't be any worse.

More kids from the Midwest will now want to play in the SEC. More money will roll in from the bowls. We are one of the richest schools in the conference. Tools are there for the right mechanic.
We need a whole group of engineers.
No mechanic or HC alone can fix the problem.
New coach will not win much more or less than last coaches or next coaches.

I’d like to recommend this post for one of the best comebacks of 2021. Can I get a second?

Thanks!

BTW, are you, by chance, involved in Farragut sports? If so, I think we followed almost every game of the Farragut baseball season via your Twitter feed, so thanks!!! If not, feel free to ignore.

VN Store

Back