Summary of scholarship players leaving

How many of these guys took some green and decided to jump ship while the jumping is good? Or at least think the jumping is good?

The list sounds worse than it looks. I see a bunch of underachievers, bench warmers and a couple of guys who were already kicked off the team. I would like the following information...
How many years of eligibility are remaining for everyone on the list?
What % of snaps did they play for us last season?

Reactions: davethevol
At least half of these are “meh” and not significant losses.
OP was just trying to make a list of who was leaving, he wasn't commenting on the relative "meh". Henry T, Key Lawrence and Dylan Brooks hurt the most to me, I agree alot are not a big deal. JG departing is net plus I think.

I really don't want any of them back, Several, including To'o To'o played at a high level in the past.

But if they have it in their head they are better off somewhere else and don't want to be part of this program moving forward, I don't want them back. The portal should be for those not coming back. Enter it and you are gone from our team whether they hook up with another school or not.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
Linebacker Kivon Bennett has been dismissed from the Tennessee football program following his Tuesday arrest by UT police after a traffic stop.

He is facing gun and drug charges, two of which are felony charges.

“Kivon Bennett has been dismissed from our football program following a traffic stop earlier today," coach Jeremy Pruitt said in a statement. "There is a standard our student-athletes are expected to uphold at Tennessee, and today’s incident fell well short of that standard.”

The funny part is Pruitt scolding someone for not upholding the standards...

OP was just trying to make a list of who was leaving, he wasn't commenting on the relative "meh". Henry T, Key Lawrence and Dylan Brooks hurt the most to me, I agree alot are not a big deal. JG departing is net plus I think.
I understand it was a comprehensive. I just brought in a little extra opinion. The one thing that bothers me is transfers in count toward the 25 limit but they should net against transfers out. It’s unfair to a team when they have a large number of transfers out in a given year.

Outside of Gray and To'To, the list really isn't that bad. I mean, there were some contributors but not game-changers that can't be replaced.

Most of Pruitt’s players were just fair to meddling, unfortunately

I understand it was a comprehensive. I just brought in a little extra opinion. The one thing that bothers me is transfers in count toward the 25 limit but they should net against transfers out. It’s unfair to a team when they have a large number of transfers out in a given year.
Yeah, the NCAA has got to figure something out there.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
All of the portal players are from a 3-7 team. While it's fair to say that they may be better than the team's record was, I'm reminded that UT's "talent" lost to Vandy (2018) Georgia State and BYU (2019), and UK and Arkansas (2020).

You'll forgive me if I pass on the wailing and gnashing of teeth over all the talent we have in the transfer portal. I'll trust Coach Heupel's recruits over the talent we're losing. We've already seen what Heupel can do with 3-stars who really want to win. Same as we saw with UT against the likes of Vandy, GA State, UK, and Arkansas. I've made this argument before, and the 2020 Vols proved it. You're not going to beat Bama, UGA, or UF with 3-stars, nor will you lose to Vandy, GA State, UK, and Arkansas with a team full of them under the right coach.

If Coach Heupel can find a solid DC, and raise his recruiting numbers one notch, then UT Football will be competitive in the SEC. Maybe not this year, but possibly no later than next. With wins will come better talent, and I'm curious to see what Heupel's ceiling is with better talent. In any event, I'm glad he's on our sideline, and not that of an SEC opponent. He would slaughter our past staff with his old team, or his new one.

Go Vols.

Of the players that have gone into the transfer portal, Chandler and Gray are the two best players that Tennessee had with Moriss a big loss for the offensive line room.

OMG - some just can’t get over the classless trashing of JG. Pretty weak...

By several different metrics, JG is THE worst QB to ever start for UT for a full season or more.

THE WORST.

Period.

He lost 2 games plus for every game he won as our QB. Think about that. More than 2 losses for every win. Wtf???

He led the nation in pick 6s and single handedly gave the UK, UGA, and ARK games away...and thats just 2020. He was QB of course for Ga st, BYU, Vanderbilt twice....every humiliating loss for what seems like a decade.

The ONLY good thing he accomplished was getting Pruitts dumb arse fired with his terrible play. Game after game after game. Several games where he scored more points for the enemy than for UT..

Yet some of the morons here still defend him and call hos sorry butt a VFL....by definition, Vol For Life he is not. He will suit up to ride the bench for a Pac10 team in soring ball in a couple months. He is not a Vol...at all. He is a cougar, in a red WSU jersey as we speak. It is therefore impossible for him to be a VFL.... thank the Good Lord. Seems like he ruined UT football for a dang decade or more. So glad that is over. He got booed bigtime, at home, by our own fans on more than 1 game. He was like cancer to our offense, and Cornbread was too dumb to sit his sorry butt

Another first. The only college player (QB) to get 2 HCs fired. Quite an accomplished for a short college career.

Ah, thanks. Now that you say that, it does ring a bell. I'd forgotten all about it with everything else that has happened since. Thanks again.

Well, Hell. As much as we have all been banging our heads on the wall the past 15+ years over this team? It is a wonder we don't all have severe CTE.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
10 Seniors
6 Juniors
2 Sophomores
.....with an average of 22 games played.

The roster numbers will correct themselves quickly.

By several different metrics, JG is THE worst QB to ever start for UT for a full season or more.

THE WORST.

Period.

He lost 2 games plus for every game he won as our QB. Think about that. More than 2 losses for every win. Wtf???

He led the nation in pick 6s and single handedly gave the UK, UGA, and ARK games away...and thats just 2020. He was QB of course for Ga st, BYU, Vanderbilt twice....every humiliating loss for what seems like a decade.

The ONLY good thing he accomplished was getting Pruitts dumb arse fired with his terrible play. Game after game after game. Several games where he scored more points for the enemy than for UT..

Yet some of the morons here still defend him and call hos sorry butt a VFL....by definition, Vol For Life he is not. He will suit up to ride the bench for a Pac10 team in soring ball in a couple months. He is not a Vol...at all. He is a cougar, in a red WSU jersey as we speak. It is therefore impossible for him to be a VFL.... thank the Good Lord. Seems like he ruined UT football for a dang decade or more. So glad that is over. He got booed bigtime, at home, by our own fans on more than 1 game. He was like cancer to our offense, and Cornbread was too dumb to sit his sorry butt
You feel better now? Sad commentary...

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol

VN Store

Back