Suggestions for Mizzou vs Tennessee game

illvol

Eternal optimist
I will be making the 5 hour trip from central Illinois and meeting friends from the Knoxville area at a house across from the stadium. My plan was to bring a smoked pork belly to shred for some sandwiches with cole slaw and a few other items. It all travels easy.
With the announcement of the game being a noon kick off I’m looking for easy travel items to bring but that people would want to eat at 10am. I doubt many will want pulled pork and other fixin’s that early. I’m tailgate inexperienced so need help.

Wait, my bad. The “five hour drive” gives it context. In my experience, 10-11 am isn’t too early to start eating barbecue, but you’ll likely be hungrier after the game than before. Any chance you can use a grill to reheat after? I know that’s blasphemy for a BBQ enthusiast, but still…

Wait, my bad. The “five hour drive” gives it context. In my experience, 10-11 am isn’t too early to start eating barbecue, but you’ll likely be hungrier after the game than before. Any chance you can use a grill to reheat after? I know that’s blasphemy for a BBQ enthusiast, but still…
Yes, my apologies for not making it clear. We are meeting people from Knoxville, in Columbia. And I also think 11 is not too early for bbq however the game starts at 11 which means I would leave to go to the stadium around 10:30 therefore need to eat before that. I think I may have a solution and turn it into pork belly bites which will basically be cubes of thick cut bite size bites of bacon heaven. I’ll add some other breakfast/brunch items to it.

Doug, I can eat chili dogs for breakfast! Baldy says bring whatever you like. I kinda think he will allow us to chill at the 'ville after the game too. He is thinking about what to do for food also, as the 11 k.o. is perplexing.

Doug, I can eat chili dogs for breakfast! Baldy says bring whatever you like. I kinda think he will allow us to chill at the 'ville after the game too. He is thinking about what to do for food also, as the 11 k.o. is perplexing.
Noon eastern..

Good to know.

VN Store

Back