Suggested Portal Rule Change

Player could not transfer to any team in the top 3 of their conference division the previous year. That will help parity.

While we're at it:
1. Redistribute income so that all coaches are paid the same.
2. Restrictor plates on the best running backs.
3. Top receivers must count One Mississippi before starting routes.
4. Everyone gets a trophy.
GOOD LORD!

I ain't sure what all you just said, but man it sounded smart.
Like everyone else, I'm the smartest person sitting behind this keyboard right now.

The only reason I'm the smartest one in this house is 'cause I don't have a dog.

Player could not transfer to any team in the top 3 of their conference division the previous year. That will help parity.
SO you want to go back to being unable to transfer within your own conference/division then. All this would do is cause a SEC portal transfer to rule out considering inside the SEC and going to another conference.

If anything needs to change its that a player cannot put their name into the transfer portal until after the season is over! This going into the portal and quitting on your team mid-season is complete crap and the rules should not allow for that!

Also, can a player enter the portal and switch schools as many times as they want without penalty? If so, THAT needs to change as well. The transfer portal needs to be a one shot deal. Any transfers after that and a player must sit out a season.

You are spot on. Wish I could give more than one like.

You would think the ease of transferring would hit top tiered teams like Baba hardest because they stack great recruits deep and that is one of the reasons they are so successful---if a starter goes down from injury the back up usually is just as good. This transferring IMHO is driven by players wanting more playing time than they are getting. This need to have more playing time has replaced yesterday's love of the school that gave you a scholarship. Makes me wonder how Sabin keeps them happy?

Reminiscent of when coaches could exclude destinations. Not happeningā€¦genies and bottles.
Butchna, how on earth do they prevent a massive bidding war between big schools if coaches (like Linc Riley) want to change jobs and take their top 8 players with them? This will end very very badly for the college game if something is not done.

Butchna, how on earth do they prevent a massive bidding war between big schools if coaches (like Linc Riley) want to change jobs and take their top 8 players with them? This will end very very badly for the college game if something is not done.
The game will adjust to whatever the market and rules bear. Dates back to Teddy Roosevelt.

It's a free country yes but there ARE rules of society where consequences are put in place if anyone breaks them. You cant have a lawless society and IMO college athletics need to have policies in place that strongly promote virtues like commitment, stick-to-itiveness, adaptability, teamwork, overcoming adversity, etc. In the current state, college athletics promotes NONE of that with this ridiculous hippy-dippy, wishy washy "hey transfer whenever and wherever you want maaaan" policy. There NEEDS to be some accountability in place to this or college athletics are going to be nothing but one giant annoying game of annual "musical chairs!"

If a player wants to transfer to another school without penalty, fine. But he or she needs to stick it out until the end of the season and THEN enter the portal! And the portal privelidge should be a one shot deal! Any transfers beyond that and the player should have to sit for a year!

Nah, it'll work itself out. Coaches aren't required to stick to anything. Why should players have to? For most guys entering the portal they end up with no scholarship anywhere. What happened to us was due to circumstance. Any of our guys that hit the portal we didn't need them gtfo.

1) You can replace all your transfers in the portal with other portal players.
2)Tranfers dont count against the 25 signing class either.

Would provide somewhere for everyone if they wanted it

Or, do away with the stupid 25 hard cap on signing class. Let everyone manage their rosters.

Like everyone else, I'm the smartest person sitting behind this keyboard right now.

The only reason I'm the smartest one in this house is 'cause I don't have a dog.
Wait a minute, you're prolly talking about that Great Reset. It's here, bro. I'm with ya.

You would think the ease of transferring would hit top tiered teams like Baba hardest because they stack great recruits deep and that is one of the reasons they are so successful---if a starter goes down from injury the back up usually is just as good. This transferring IMHO is driven by players wanting more playing time than they are getting. This need to have more playing time has replaced yesterday's love of the school that gave you a scholarship. Makes me wonder how Sabin keeps them happy?
W's...... LOTS of W's. And rings.

It's not difficult. Players want: to play AND to win.

They come because they think they'll play and/or they'll be on a winning team.

Sometimes they dislike the playing time, place, coach, city, teammates, whatever and they leave for somewhere that fits their needs better.

It's odd that we want the school to prepare them for real life...... ya know, where they can choose their job and change jobs if it doesn't work out, choose the city they live in and move elsewhere if they think their life will be better, etc.

It's almost like the transfer portal prepares them for the real world: make decisions, learn from them if they're wrong for you, and change..... make a better decision next time for yourself.

You know, like education should be.

VN Store

Back