Sugar Bowl: Ole Miss vs Baylor

Lane could have a really interesting season next year. It seems obvious they'll take a step back, but their early season schedule is very favorable and they could (should?) start 6-0. Then they run an absolute gauntlet...Auburn, at LSU, at A&M, Alabama, at Arkansas. They could very well lose all of those games and need an Egg Bowl win to avoid going 6-6.

The only reason he didn't leave FAU after that is that there's nowhere for him to go after a 5-win season at a G5 school.

He wears out his welcome and is constantly looking for another job.
How has he constantly looked for a new job when he’s left 2x in his career? If Oakland had never fired him he’d still be an NFL guy. If Pat Hadden wasn’t a moron and understood his own sanctions he would still be at USC. He would’ve never left USC had he won.

How has he constantly looked for a new job when he’s left 2x in his career? If Oakland had never fired him he’d still be an NFL guy. If Pat Hadden wasn’t a moron and understood his own sanctions he would still be at USC. He would’ve never left USC had he won.
He left Tennessee, he checked out at Alabama so quickly after accepting the FAU job that Saban fired him before the title game, and (call it a hunch) I think he wants out of Oxford.

fell asleep shortly after ole miss td
seems the onl things i missed were expressions on lane's face

He left Tennessee, he checked out at Alabama so quickly after accepting the FAU job that Saban fired him before the title game, and (call it a hunch) I think he wants out of Oxford.
Exactly he left 2x; both for better jobs, one of which was his dream job, 2x the money and a top 5 job overall.

Exactly he left 2x; both for better jobs, one of which was his dream job, 2x the money and a top 5 job overall.

So how long do you think he's at Ole Miss, and if he leaves does he go up or down from there?

He left Oakland against his will; UT by choice; USC against his will; Bama by choice; and FAU by choice. Did I miss anything? Been a bit of a roller coaster ride since he fell out of favor in Oakland. Definitely a QB Whisperer, and knows offense, but useless as a pig smoker in Jerusalem when it comes to defense. If he can't find a solid DC, even the blazers in Oxford will eventually tire of losing games 45-42.

(Disclaimer: Yes, I know we're about to have the same issue in Knoxville. Difference is, I think CJH gets it now, and I expect the Vol defense to be a lot tougher by '23. CJH will find a solid DC, and just hand him the keys.)

So what do you think the future holds for LK?

Go Vols.

Baylor's prospects for 2022 just got whole lot better. Feeling a lot better about our chances in Provo next season now.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back