Sugar Bowl: #2 Clemson v #3 Ohio St (ESPN, 8PM EST)

Negative. Same reason as that hit he took tonight. He uses his legs way too much. No predominantly scrambler has long careers with the unnecessary hits in todays NFL. They have great starts and then fizzle out. Fields will put himself in harms way and it will cost him long term. Every Ohio State qb has looked like world beaters and get in pros and get embarrassed. Pryor had decent career but as receiver. Cardale Jones, Troy Smith, Dwayne Haskins etc... they all flop in NFL.

That hit (and Fields' response to it) was the best thing that could happen for Fields' pro career - assuming he's not bleeding out internally... ouch. If he learns from it - that he is not invincible,... it probably extended his career by years. He needed the reality check at this level, because at the next level,... it would probably have been even uglier.

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
Ryan Day is a great coach, knows what the hell he is doing. Total domination of Clemson.
OSU could possibly put a beat down on alabama.
Clemson and Alabama both beat ND by about the same score.
OSU is half a season fresh.

Reactions: Border Vol
I think Bama will beat Ohio St. but it won’t be a blowout. Ohio St will able to run on Bama’s D and Fields is a dynamic player who can give Bama and Saban problems. Can Ohio St. stop or contain Devante though?

i think nick was sandbagging today and is still pissed about getting beat by OSU last time - I think Bama rolls

I will jump in this prognostication. I think Bama wins by about 13 or 14 over Ohio state. That being said if someone or several someone test positive for COVID-19 then who knows? A real hodge podge.

Who will you all rather see win Bama or the Buckeyes?
Personally I’d rather pull for Iraq than either of these two.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
His padding is on hip. I originally thought ribs might be broken. But I am really interested to see if we ever know his true injury.
No x-ray at the half. I'm assuming that basically means, "IDGAF, I'm playing" was his answer to their request for an x-ray.

I remember being young. And no, if OSU has any sense (and they do) you've got a better chance of finding out the Coke recipe than Justin Fields' actual injuries.

Ryan Day is a great coach, knows what the hell he is doing. Total domination of Clemson.
OSU could possibly put a beat down on alabama.
Clemson and Alabama both beat ND by about the same score.
OSU is half a season fresh.

I agree w/ your assessment of Day - probably obvious.

Alabama's defensive line ... is the key to the game. I don't think TOSU has seen anything like them, and Fields WILL make mistakes if you can pressure him in the face.

Personally, I'm just going to hope both Alabama and Ohio State go to the store to buy some cigarettes and never come back.

I hate them both but I hate Bama more so I guess I will root for the Buckeyes. My three most hated teams Bama, Florida and Notre Dame and not college teams but the Lakers and Yankees and 49ers in the pros

Reactions: MAD
So after today’s two blowouts, we’ve had three competitive semifinals in seven years. So clearly we need to expand the playoffs to get more of these high quality matchups.
Expand to eight and we would have seen Georgia kick last second field goal.
Would have seen Florida's offensive talent actually play and would have been a better game, still don't think they would have out scored Oklahoma but would have been alot closer.

Reactions: Raebo
Could Trevor come back for another year, it seems like he has already been there forever.

No x-ray at the half. I'm assuming that basically means, "IDGAF, I'm playing" was his answer to their request for an x-ray.

I remember being young. And no, if OSU has any sense (and they do) you've got a better chance of finding out the Coke recipe than Justin Fields' actual injuries.
Thats what I was eluding too. Im sure the coach speak will be "how tough the kid is" but injury will "be something we will monitor!"

VN Store

Back