Succession on HBO

I found season 1 to be very predictable. When Kendall went to LI on the day of the no confidence vote both me and the wife said "he's not making it back in time" and then the season finale as soon as he asked Stewy for some coke I knew he was going to screw up the deal and have to come crawling back to daddy.

I'll give season 2 a shot.
Did you wind up watching any of season 2?

Holy cow this show is amazing! I tried watching it in the spring and made it about 3 episodes in until I gave up (as I do with most new series because I have a hard time sticking with new series) ... well last week I started watching again and stuck with it this time and was completely hooked by the 5th episode! I'm half way season 2 right now and this show will one of my top 10... maybe even top 5 favorite shows of all time! Man does it make me feel poor though lol.

Reactions: bignewt
Holy cow this show is amazing! I tried watching it in the spring and made it about 3 episodes in until I gave up (as I do with most new series because I have a hard time sticking with new series) ... well last week I started watching again and stuck with it this time and was completely hooked by the 5th episode! I'm half way season 2 right now and this show will one of my top 10... maybe even top 5 favorite shows of all time! Man does it make me feel poor though lol.

I'm envious that you are getting to experience it for the first time.

Definitely one of my top 10 shows of all time. The acting and casting are simply phenomenal and perfect in every way.

Enjoy it!

Reactions: bignewt
If Greg was talking but had Tom's voice and speech patterns.
Friend of mine sent me this video of a UK fan doing his best to denigrate us and Heupel especially. It’s not very long but to me it’s comedic gold. Dude needs some serious butthurt cream. Enjoy.

Reactions: Stoked
Just finished season 1. This could get interesting...
I binged it earlier in the year. It's a pretty solid show. Think it was based on the Murdochs. Not sure how I felt about the ending, but hey, it beats the hell outta 99% of the stuff on the boob toob and in the movies these days.

Welp just finished the series and absolutely loved it! It's in my top 5 favorite shows.

The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Succession
Game of Thrones (even though the ending sucked)
Better Call Saul

Late to the commenting game, but have enjoyed the comments. I've also Googled a lot of other sites over the past months trying to figure out the appeal. More on that later

What prompted the visit here was the attention given at Golden Globes (another production I don't watch but check out the next-day results out of curiosity). Succession isn't novel in this way, but I always find it striking when practically the entire ensemble cast of 9-10 actors are nominated in their various categories (and several win). What are the odds that so many actors from your film/show GC how would be the among the very best out of hundreds of productions? , but

It's a familiar take. A "prestige" show becomes the hot item in Hellywood and settles in for multi-year awards sweeps. Awards shows are usually a farce and just a obvious money-generating ploy, but nominating pretty much everyone involved with a show just takes over-the-top into the absurdity stratosphere.

Reactions: Toujours Pret

VN Store

Back