Suarez, Darby, Puckett, Striplin

Marta has got to get some of that weight off. She cant run and i know she has a ankle problem and never leaves the floor on a shot attempt. Many times makes dribbling mistakes. Love the girl but she has to get in shape and hit the weight room before next fall!

I agree with you 100% also in my opinion she play better away from the basket. When she try and post up against a good player her height or taller she get`s it thrown back in her face. Marta is listed at 6-3 which is good height but as you said with no lift that`s a problem.

The players that need to take big steps up are Horston and Key to fill the Davis void. You always look to sophomores moving to juniors growing into their top form. Same for Saunders if she is ever going to be able to fill any role for the team it will be next season. You have to hope that Salary will become a dependable player as a sophomore and hopefully the freshmen can give us the backup minutes that we need or more. Striplin is a very fundamentally sound player but this level is way above what she has been playing know there will be an adjustment for her and all the freshmen. If I chose one that might be a player that could help immediately I would say Wynn. Of course an experienced player out of the portal would solve a lot of problems a prolific three point shooter also with speed to get to the basket and finish. This plus everyone of the others being better with another summer to progress would make us a contender for the SEC top three again. Without that top player out of the portal things will have to go right with player progression for us to reach top three level in the league.
Saunders is key with KK gone!!! Maybe playing time dangled in front of her will motivate!!!

Saunders is key with KK gone!!! Maybe playing time dangled in front of her will motivate!!!
I don't think it is a motivation problem but the fact that she is a classic "project player. She came into the program with one asset you can't teach (Height) but she had not developed a D1 skill set. Kellie is clearly playing the long game with her and getting Saunders for next season as the #2 post.

Last edited:
I don't think it is a motivation problem but the fact that she is a classic "project player. She came into the program with one asset you can't teach (Height) but did not have D1 skill set. Kellie is clearly playing the long game with her and getting Saunders for next season as the #2 post.

Thank You for this post,

Reactions: Lucy
I don’t do tv so I haven’t seen any LV BB in quite a while but just listening to the play by play, it seems obvious that many of the players are showing development in their games! That is very exciting to me, and a welcome change. I especially enjoy what sounds like the TN women getting in there and banging around for position and rebounds. Such a change from past years!
The one thing I’d wish for is to hit those darned free throws reliably! They should be automatic! No excuses!
I really enjoy the degree of knowledge several of the posters bring to this forum! I love women’s basketball! Hard to believe when I was I high school in AL there were NO girls high school teams!
Go LVs!

T
I don't think it is a motivation problem but the fact that she is a classic "project player. She came into the program with one asset you can't teach (Height) but she had not developed a D1 skill set. Kellie is clearly playing the long game with her and getting Saunders for next season as the #2 post.
The few times she has played she showed potential...Good position, and nice hands..

I don’t do tv so I haven’t seen any LV BB in quite a while but just listening to the play by play, it seems obvious that many of the players are showing development in their games! That is very exciting to me, and a welcome change. I especially enjoy what sounds like the TN women getting in there and banging around for position and rebounds. Such a change from past years!
The one thing I’d wish for is to hit those darned free throws reliably! They should be automatic! No excuses!
I really enjoy the degree of knowledge several of the posters bring to this forum! I love women’s basketball! Hard to believe when I was I high school in AL there were NO girls high school teams!
Go LVs!
Back in my day in my high school when i was playing the girls teams play 3 on 3 half court!

Saunders needs to get some grit and fire in her game and play time to get experience for KK replacement next year. Also KK is on the heavy side and play time from
Saunders would be a benefit in these last games for her. Last games that will be exhausting for KK and Marta. We can "out big" most opposition" but not without
sufficiently rested bigs. Especially some scoring from Emily Saunders !!!!!! A matter of will.
Don't know what Saunders problem is,,,
Only KJH knows why she isn't playing
her much. Would have to see Emily in
practice to get some answers. Someone
far more knowledgeable than me has them.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
T

The few times she has played she showed potential...Good position, and nice hands..

She is showing signs of development for sure. Again we have a very small sample size but her decision making is still too slow and her reaction time, particularly on defense is still not where it needs to be. But next year with another off season for physical development...

She is showing signs of development for sure. Again we have a very small sample size but her decision making is still too slow and her reaction time, particularly on defense is still not where it needs to be. But next year with another off season for physical development...
Thanks madtown your posts have given me
some of the answers on Emily.

Reactions: madtownvol
I agree with you 100% also in my opinion she play better away from the basket. When she try and post up against a good player her height or taller she get`s it thrown back in her face. Marta is listed at 6-3 which is good height but as you said with no lift that`s a problem.

Marta can defend the post. But on offense I agree that she needs to be used to draw a post away from the basket. Playing post with her back to the basket is not her game and is only doing the defense favors. She's at her best prowling around the 3p line and sneaking into space at the elbow against zone defense.

Somebody please post the Aussie's career stats. Wasn't she suppose to be a sniper? What role does she play if she can't shot?

Somebody please post the Aussie's career stats. Wasn't she suppose to be a sniper? What role does she play if she can't shot?

Really thinking she has an injury. Nobody has asked about her PT or we would probably know. She was shooting it really well last year but has hardly played this season and looks like she hasn’t been practicing much.

Really thinking she has an injury. Nobody has asked about her PT or we would probably know. She was shooting it really well last year but has hardly played this season and looks like she hasn’t been practicing much.
She has been here for 2 years with similar results. And no, she was not shooting it well last year. Pull up her stats and see for yourself.

She has been here for 2 years with similar results. And no, she was not shooting it well last year. Pull up her stats and see for yourself.

As you wish. I would say 46% from 3 on the season was shooting it well. 54% in conference play was shooting it VERY well. She played in every game last season and she was a freshman coming off and ACL tear.

She’s only entered 10 games this season and for very limited minutes. Maybe coach is just going with a tighter rotation. If she can shoot like that and get in shape to get up and down she could play.

Attachments

• DF25D66A-98AD-430D-B517-035D2C6B10D2.png
    DF25D66A-98AD-430D-B517-035D2C6B10D2.png
    684.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 25676E3B-C136-48F5-AC07-4CD133B1EF92.png
    25676E3B-C136-48F5-AC07-4CD133B1EF92.png
    682.1 KB · Views: 17
I don't know why there are so many fans worried about replacing players. A hangover from the last regime? One big thing I've noticed is how much player development has improved. Yes, it's shocking I know, but players are getting better, playing better and competing well enough to take anyone on and win. Whether Rennia comes back or not, team success will be determined by several factors. Rae, Jordan and Tamari will be a great trio to build around. The newcomers will have good size and will be able to battle on the boards while extending team shooting range. Probability is really good that at least two future stars will emerge from the incoming class. Kellie has demonstrated she likes to play a lot of players so opportunities will exist.

Don't know why I omitted Jordan. Certainly didn't mean to as I think she will be spectacular.

What are we going to do with four of them on the roster
All these players are mid level recruits so its obvious they would come with holes in their game. After the season is the time to work on the obvious deficiencies and to develop new skills more in line with what the coaches expect. There is such a thing as a 'Sophomore Bump' for guards and wings (a 'Junior Bump' for bigs) when the majority of players show dramatic increase from their freshman performance. Trust Kellie, Trust the system and remember most of these players are going to recruited over anyway.

VN Store

Back