Stupid Tennessee fans

Originally posted by GAVol@Oct 28, 2004 2:57 PM
Kind of funny that Donsargegolf chose to make his return in a thread called "Stupid Tennessee Fans". :eek:lol:

:blink: :lolup: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :dlol:

the play calling sucks. maybe if we BOO loud enough the coaching staff will get a hint

its not all the play callings fault, mabye if we would execute some plays every once in a while, we might score a little bit more points B)

Ga.Vol has more excuses for players and coaches than the Cubs. When will we admit that Sanders has four quarters, 60 playing minuates( plus halftime), to figure out what the opposition is doing? The fact that the defense is putting 8-9 men in the box means the rest of the field is undefended, and a REASONABLE football "mind" would take about 3 posessions to sort this out. And the fact that we still won the game is no excuse to accept this kind of performance from a coach with almost TWENTY-YEARS of coaching experiance.( ever wonder why he has gotten so few job offers? ) It is clear and obvious our talent at RB is nill regardless of the front opposing us. Riggs is a thug that just began making practices this spring after he threatened to transfer to Michigan last fall. Pass the hat and get him a bus ticket to Ann Arbor. Either Tinsley or Larkins can run circles around the aforementined, and Larkins is the fastest back on the team, though Fulmer dislikes him. Linemen cannot hold their blocks for 1.5 seconds while Riggs "hucks and bucks" his way through the hole. Get ready for a 9 man front this week from Holtz , because it happened last year. Can our OC figure this out 360 days removed from our last 'Cocks game? :D

Well as far as Randy Sanders goes as a Offensive Coordinater he is 50-18 whichj in turns comes out to be roughly 9-3 over 51/2 years how many Coaches can claim that number... Oh by the way he has one 1 National Championship to his resume...

So if you don't like UT of pulling for a winner why don'y you go pull for school Like florida or Alabama that changes coaches like underwear.

TnVol fAN68- You must be just like Ga Vol, blinded by misleading wins/loses. If you can't see the simple truths I've written to him about you are blind. Just because we win does not mean we played well or coached well. David Cutcliffe scripted the gameplan for the 98 National Championship. Oh yea, do you ramember seeing Randy trembling throughout that broadcast. C'mon. I have not missed a game since 1973 and my fanship has travelled this country several times over. That fanship does not blind me from seeing the truth from week to week. At least this week we are going to put in Arian Foster at RB and hope for some improvement. :D

Hey DSG, if you're so damn smart, why are you wasting your time on this message board when you could be applying for OC jobs around the country? I'm sure a lot of teams would kill for someone of your stature.

:withstupid:

[/QUOTE]Hey DSG, if you're so damn smart, why are you wasting your time on this message board when you could be applying for OC jobs around the country? I'm sure a lot of teams would kill for someone of your stature.

DSG is just trying to pass a little knowledge along, to closed minded people ,that don't realize our offensive stats have dropped EVERY year in rushing and passing since David Cutcliffe left "the hill". Is that coincidence, I think not! :bad: I'm elated with Phil and Chavous but Randy is in over his head.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Oct 28, 2004 11:09 PM
TnVol fAN68- You must be just like Ga Vol, blinded by misleading wins/loses. If you can't see the simple truths I've written to him about you are blind. Just because we win does not mean we played well or coached well. David Cutcliffe scripted the gameplan for the 98 National Championship. Oh yea, do you ramember seeing Randy trembling throughout that broadcast. C'mon. I have not missed a game since 1973 and my fanship has travelled this country several times over. That fanship does not blind me from seeing the truth from week to week. At least this week we are going to put in Arian Foster at RB and hope for some improvement. :D

You just can't stay away can you Don? :p

I know it's been tough on you the last dozen years watching Fulmer rack up all those "misleading wins". Funny how we seem to "mislead" our way to 9-10+ wins every single year.

Hard to believe you've been a fan since 1973. Given your obvious expertise and love of second guessing coaches, I find it hard to believe that you made it out of the Johnny Majors years without jumping off a bridge. :D

dsg says 9 and 10 win seasons are not acceptable to me. now i understand why your so easily satisfied! And your telling me I can't stay away, you've got nearly 800 posts. Get a life, in Ga.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Oct 29, 2004 12:16 AM
dsg says 9 and 10 win seasons are not acceptable to me. now i understand why your so easily satisfied! And your telling me I can't stay away, you've got nearly 800 posts.  Get a life, in Ga.

I don't remember being the one that told everyone that I was going away.

Let's just end this mini feud and agree to disagree. :snoring:

I'm not in for a feud. How can you dispute our offensive imputence over the last 2 weeks? The inability to make offensive in-game adjustments, and the recognition that these rb's are slow and have poor vision. I am on your side and want what is best for the Vols. Constructive criticism only creates improvement if one takes it correctly. Put in Arian Foster and see if his ability helps the O-Line, E Ainge and our chances to beat the Cocks on saturday. GO BIG ORANGE

You mean impotence? I think you're taking too much away from the RB's and giving it to the o-line. Those guys haven't played nearly as well the past few weeks as they did early in the season. Could be injuries, could be something else, but it's OBVIOUS to a blind MOLE that the holes just aren't there like they were early on. Hopefully this is the game that all changes.

:withstupid:

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Oct 28, 2004 9:10 PM
Ga.Vol has more excuses for players and coaches than the Cubs. When will we admit that Sanders has four quarters, 60 playing minuates( plus halftime), to figure out what the opposition is doing? The fact that the defense is putting 8-9 men in the box means the rest of the field is undefended, and a REASONABLE football "mind" would take about 3 posessions to sort this out. And the fact that we still won the game is no excuse to accept this kind of performance from a coach with almost TWENTY-YEARS of coaching experiance.( ever wonder why he has gotten so few job offers? ) It is clear and obvious our talent at RB is nill regardless of the front opposing us. Riggs is a thug that just began making practices this spring after he threatened to transfer to Michigan last fall. Pass the hat and get him a bus ticket to Ann Arbor. Either Tinsley or Larkins can run circles around the aforementined, and Larkins is the fastest back on the team, though Fulmer dislikes him. Linemen cannot hold their blocks for 1.5 seconds while Riggs "hucks and bucks" his way through the hole. Get ready for a 9 man front this week from Holtz , because it happened last year. Can our OC figure this out 360 days removed from our last 'Cocks game? :D

:snoring: :shakehead: :snoring:

DSG, everyone's heard your gripes, and it's obvious that no one agrees and now, no one cares. If a 10-win season isn't enough for you in a year with such low expectations, maybe you should move to a conference where you play about 1 or 2 big games a year and roll through the rest of your schedule waiting for your BCS bid. The SEC is tough, and to get 9 or 10 wins against the competition proves that somebody is doing something right.

BTW, sent out your resumes for OC this morning? I heard UF is looking.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Oct 28, 2004 11:53 PM
Put in Arian Foster and see if his ability helps the O-Line, E Ainge and our chances to beat the Cocks on saturday.

You talk about being so smart, but you want think a true freshman quarterback and true freshman running back in the same backfield can generate more offense against one of the toughest defenses in the SEC?

Stick with Riggs and Houston. They have both proven to be good backs. And FYI, I thought Will Howard was a good bulldozer of a running back. You dissed him and his performance in 1986, but he got 14 rushing TDs that season. Helped lead the Vols to 5 straight wins to close the season. Riggs only bad game so far this season was against Alabama. I'd like to see you continue playing while you are urinating blood at the same time.

Anyways, stick with the running game and minimize the possible mistakes that a freshman quarterback can make. You expect alot out of an 18-year old kid.

If we beat South Carolina, it will be because the Vols defense rose to the occasion and the offense did not make any mistakes.

If we win that way, I'll take it ... the 7-1 record .... and 5-1 in the SEC.

You always mention Cutcliffe, but your rose colored glasses forget how inconsistant the Vols offense was in 1998.... the year the Vols won the National Championship. But I guess you still complained about that 13-0 season too!

You mentioned Riggs and a ticket out of town. He showed me last week that he has more heart and more dedication to this team than a fan like yourself. Why don't you get the ticket and pull for whatever perfect team you can find out there.

Originally posted by allvol@Oct 29, 2004 8:56 AM
You always mention Cutcliffe, but your rose colored glasses forget how inconsistant the Vols offense was in 1998.... the year the Vols won the National Championship. But I guess you still complained about that 13-0 season too!

You mentioned Riggs and a ticket out of town. He showed me last week that he has more heart and more dedication to this team than a fan like yourself. Why don't you get the ticket and pull for whatever perfect team you can find out there.

Amazingly CRS, the guy many of us hate so much, called that '98 Championship game... and well enough to win BTW.

Talking about Riggs' heart... didn't they say he got hurt on that first series? Decided not to tell the coaches he was in pain b/c he didn't want to come out and let his team down. That kid has fought through a lot of things since he got to campus, and he's succeeding now. I know when I first got to UT, the adjustment for me was unbelieveable. I commend GRJ for getting on track after being so far off.

I read in the News-Sentinel this morning that in the last 4 games, we've faced 3 of the top 6 defenses in the nation. Add to that the injuries on the line, the fact that the RB's are banged up and the fact that we are starting a freshman QB and I'm pretty darn pleased with how we've done. We are a running team - always have been, always will be, and teams are always going to stack the line against us. Even though they do that, we have to keep running at them - it wears them down, it keeps them from laying their ears back and pressuring the QB and it's an effective strategy to keep our young QB's from having the weight of the offense placed solely on their shoulders. SC is going to be a tough game, as have the last several - you don't win those games by taking crazy risks, throwing 35-50 times a game and getting away from your identity... Nor do you do that with two true freshman at QB.

As I said previously, you guys are so closed minded you cannot see the truth. The job of the OC is to sort out defenses ASAP and this is not happening. Obviously you don't know of the attitude Riggs packs and his propensity to either loaf thru practice or not show up ( never mind going to class ).And how long do you feel a lineman is supposed to hold his block? Oh yeah, if you back up a few days on the Vol Nation board you will find MANY unhappy posts on our playcalling. Did you listen to the postgame radio show with Tim Priest and Mark Hovanic ? Strong, Strong ridicule of RS coordinating and admittance there is NO TALENT from the present RB's. ( to your 98 offense comment, how many years experiance did Tee,Travis and Travis have.) (( your arguement of youth vs. playcalling reminds me of Kerry on national defense)) :D

I hadn't realized it bout you're right!

NCAA Statistics for total D:

Rank Name Games Plays Yds Avg TDs Ydspgm Wins Losses Ties
1 Alabama 8 457 1774 3.88 13 221.75 5 3 0
2 NC St. 7 438 1638 3.74 14 234.00 4 3 0
3 Wisconsin 8 499 1891 3.79 7 236.38 8 0 0
4 Auburn 8 487 1949 4.00 9 243.63 8 0 0
5 LSU 7 434 1763 4.06 15 251.86 5 2 0
6 Georgia 7 411 1837 4.47 12 262.43 6 1 0

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Oct 29, 2004 10:25 AM
As I said previously, you guys are so closed minded you cannot see the truth. The job of the OC is to sort out defenses ASAP and this is not happening. Obviously you don't know of the attitude Riggs packs and his propensity to either loaf thru practice or not show up ( never mind going to class ).And how long do you feel a lineman is supposed to hold his block? Oh yeah, if you back up a few days on the Vol Nation board you will find MANY unhappy posts on our playcalling. Did you listen to the postgame radio show with Tim Priest and Mark Hovanic ? Strong, Strong ridicule of RS coordinating and admittance there is NO TALENT from the present RB's. ( to your 98 offense comment, how many years experiance did Tee,Travis and Travis have.) (( your arguement of youth vs. playcalling reminds me of Kerry on national defense)) :D

1. You are the close minded one. You apparently don't see that NO program in the nation can sustain a 100% winning percentage, finish 1st in the country in offense and defense, and beat every other team by over 100 points. Yet that is the standard you seem to judge the Vols by. You sir are no true Vols fan.

2. The job of the OC is to come up with a game plan for winning a ballgame. If this means pounding the defenses for 3 quarters to wear them out and win ballgames in the 4th quarter... it works. I would rather the offense dictate what the opposing defense is doing, not the other way around.

3. Sorry, but I do know the Riggs situation.... which you are apparently ignorant about.

4. From what I've seen, Riggs hits the holes better than any running back we've got. Even with the line continually stacked against the Vols, he seems to always get positive yardage. Sorry to tell you, but Riggs will be playing in the NFL. I guess that is why your not an NFL scout.

5. My past posts are regarding wins... 6-1. I am a results man. At the end of the day, the only stat that counts is the wins and losses.

6. A junior quarterback sitting behind Peyton Manning for 2 seasons is alot more experienced than a true freshman straight out of high school. And Jamal Lewis rushed for 1364 yards in 1997.

7. Don't compare me to John Kerry :nono:

VN Store

Back