Student Section @ TBA

the_great_pumpkin

Would LOVE to see our student section MOVED to the sidelines. All we have are the SIT-ON-YOUR-BUTT fans on ours. Seems like UT does most everything backassward. Sure wish Auburn had a bunch of blue hairs on theirs today. Also while I'm at it, why do we have such giant wide aisles going up the sidelines. Need to narrow them down and put in more seats for the students.

Would LOVE to see our student section MOVED to the sidelines. All we have are the SIT-ON-YOUR-BUTT fans on ours. Seems like UT does most everything backassward. Sure wish Auburn had a bunch of blue hairs on theirs today. Also while I'm at it, why do we have such giant wide aisles going up the sidelines. Need to narrow them down and put in more seats for the students.

As has been discussed many times over the years it will NEVER happen until another building is built. Those sideline seats were grandfathered in as they required HUGE donations in the 80's to help finance the arena. The donations basically gave the families lifetime PSL's as long as the season tickets are purchased. That's the way I understand it anyway. Like it or not, if it weren't for those big purchases the arena could've never been built.

you will be a blue hair oneday...Maybe!

Well uh thanks for pointing that out CPT OBV but we do have the #5 team in the country for the moment ya know.

Your implication was that we'd do so much better with students sitting where the "blue hairs" currently reside. I'm just pointing out that we did just fine at home this year...or should I say the blue hairs did a mighty fine job cheering this team on. If the fact that we're such a good team made the blue hair contribution or lack thereof irrelevant, what good would putting students in that section do? Team is gonna do what the team is gonna do. Can't have it both ways.

Put in a work order request, and I'm sure they'll take care of that for you on Monday.

Reactions: Steven5198
Wow ... you all are a testy lot. CAVPUT which atmosphere would you rather play in AND which atmosphere would you want our opponent to play in ..... TBA or what we saw today at Auburn ????? If you will flick that chip on your shoulder off I'm sure you will say AU's.

Only the 123,456,789 thread on this topic
....... so there have been 123,456,788 posts on this subject and you STILL clicked on this one? Hmmm. I'll bet you use to spend hundreds of $$$ at the carnival trying to knock those cast iron bottles over with a whiffle ball over and over too.

Last edited:
Wow ... you all are a testy lot. CAVPUT which atmosphere would you rather play in AND which atmosphere would you want our opponent to play in ..... TBA or what we saw today at Auburn ????? If you will flick that chip on your shoulder off I'm sure you will say AU's.
The home crowd was great for the Kentucky game.

Tennessee has a great home court advantage when they have a good team. Evidence is the 24 home game winning streak. Kentucky has their students in corner and endzones and their home court advantage is better than most. Maybe it's about good players.

Reactions: tntar heel
Our students are doing better this year, but in years past they've been notorious no-shows at times. Football-wise, it's the same story.

The atmosphere at TBA vs KY was as good as you can get anywhere. Recruits take notice (we signed a 4* after that game).

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin
Our students are doing better this year, but in years past they've been notorious no-shows at times. Football-wise, it's the same story.

Absolutely true. There have been times (not lately) when the student section was the most sparsely attended space in the building (except behind the ridiculous black curtains). In any event, whether good or bad, those side court seats were sold in perpetuity to help fund the building of TBA at a time when the planners decided they had to compete with Rupp Arena's size.

i blieve donors got the opportunity to select their seats when TBA was built. I do not know how long those contracts will be honored, but I doubt that them will be freed up for a few more years. On the other hand, the students have not always been that supportive of sporting events at Tennessee in the past unless our teams have been in the mix for championships. Hopefully that trend is now changing and championships will reappear on the "Hill".

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin

VN Store

Back