Stricklen Scores 21 but Lady Vols Lose to Oklahoma, 80-70

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Shekinna Stricklen scored 21 points but it wasn't enough as the Lady Vols fell 80-70 to No. 3 Oklahoma in Coach Summitt's first attempt at her 1000th win.

More...

I know Pat is a legendary coach but putting Brianna Bass into the game never results in anything good. We had a 15 point lead and BB went in and by the time she created 4-5 turnovers and made several bad passes OU was ahead by 2 points when they finally took her out and stopped the bleeding. When she came in they quit feeding Stricklin and Borklung and no one else could make a shot. BB went back in in the 2nd half and then OU took a commanding lead. KEEP DOING WHAT WORKS!

Out played, out hustled

They're just better than we are. They're better and they were playing at home. So we lost.

Seven freshmen and four sophomores out of 12 players, and this team is still in the top five of all the power ratings. What the heck did you expect?

All this stuff Pat is saying is because she's upset that Geno's making a joke out of another season and she knows she doesn't have a good enough team to beat him. But she was the one who got herself stuck with a team this inexperienced.

I think we saw a flash of what our team can be. They put it to Oklahoma for a while, but youth showed itself and pointed out how much more work we need.

I think we can make a splash in the tourny, but we need 40 min of consistency, not 20-30.

I know Pat is a legendary coach but putting Brianna Bass into the game never results in anything good. We had a 15 point lead and BB went in and by the time she created 4-5 turnovers and made several bad passes OU was ahead by 2 points when they finally took her out and stopped the bleeding. When she came in they quit feeding Stricklen and Bjorklund and no one else could make a shot. BB went back in in the 2nd half and then OU took a commanding lead. KEEP DOING WHAT WORKS!
When Pat put Bass in, I almost threw threw the remote through the TV. I knew what would happen and it did. I have no idea why she leaves her in so long. Same thing happened at Auburn. The other team lights us up like we are playing 4 on 5 when it comes to defense.:banghead2:

The whole game changed when BB came in for the Lady Vols. She needs to sit on the sidelines and watch the others really play. She makes too many mistakes. Our shooters did not get the ball when she was in and so they could not score....I bet Pat is recruiting some biggies for next year. How did she let that girl from Scottsboro Alabama get away? She is awesome. The Hand girl last night is from Texas...How did she slip through the cracks?

I think someone should check Parish's birth certificate.....and im not saying they should check her age.

i don't think bass or smallbone will every come around.i was hopeing baugh would be ok but after last night she may be threw for the season?

I agree with the comments about BB. The game definitely went downhill when she came in. She runs really fast, but doesn't have the judgment yet as to what to do after she get there.
The most important issue for today is Vicky Baugh!!!!! Have there been any reports about her. The team really needs her.

This was a great game, we played much better in the first half, but it showed when we have it together how great we can be.

Such a young team, too, we'll be amazing in a few years!

VN Store

Back