STREET AGENT

Did we use a street agent in your opinion?

• Total voters
I know for a fact that some kids into college and it is a very big deal to his whole family and Some I PERSONALLY know had their whole family including Aunts, Uncles, Older Siblings and Older Cousins pool thier money to in some cases lease cars and others buy them. I'm not talking Tauras's either, so before you jump to conclusions know the facts. No program is clean but I will garuntee up UT is cleaner than 99% of the schools out there. If you don't believe just ask the NCAA and ESPN, since they have investigated UT quite a bit over the last Decade.

I think we really have to be careful recruiting in South Fla. That's a real cesspool down there. TT came across with alot of Bravado about his success there and the locals (the unscrupulous ones) may try messing with him. lot's of kids have stars in thier eyes down there, some with good reason, but there are twice as many leeches with the same stars in thier eyes trying to hook up and make a dollar off these kids. I'm excited that TT is making some inroads there. I just hope he has a mine sweeper going before him.

I believe we have done it.

Just like I believe UGA, UF, and LSU have also done it.

I think cheating happens yearly with college football.

Originally posted by U-T@Feb 18, 2005 3:10 PM
I believe we have done it.

Just like I believe UGA, UF, and LSU have also done it.

I think cheating happens yearly with college football.

I don't have such a negative world view.

I still believe some people want to do things the right way. I am not naive enough to think that there are not minor violations that occur.... most of them unintentional or outside the control of the coaching staff. I would say that minor infractions occur at every University... most of them unnoticed. But I think the major violations are reserved for outright cheaters and I think that is a small percentage of the NCAA, and they usually get caught.

However, I think some things go on that appear to be cheating that are within the rules. Alot of what Tennessee has been accused of are either within the rules (ie. Tee Martin getting money from a family friend) or are outside of the NCAA's jurisdiction (ie. the tutor accusations). The rest of the allegations are just bogus figments of a few bammer lawyers' imaginations.

Originally posted by volinbham@Feb 17, 2005 12:31 AM
When this thing broke, I went to the SEC board (run by a Gamecock fan). It was all over the board - it apparently came from some statement on a board somewhere and got briefly mentioned on ESPN radio. The posters on the board were basically inflating it and the hype was that a BIG story would break the next day in the Miami Herald.

I suggested that until there is proof, why fuel a rumor and got completely trashed by posters from other schools. Bammers and UM'ers were trashing UT left and right. The response was "we didn't say it was true, so if nothing comes out then we can say in good conscious that we just said it was rumored". The next day when no article materialized, these posters said that doesn't prove the rumor ISN'T true! No amount of evidence that suggested it was just a rumor was enough to get these posters to admit there was likely nothing to it. A classic case of "GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT". Even now, they would say there is no proof it didn't happen!

My point? Some will believe against all contrary evidence that this happened. You are all probably tired of hearing this from me but much more of this is coming and more people than you think believe it. Right or wrong, a perception of UT as the cheatingest school in NCAA history is being spread. Clearly it is a misperception but nevertheless, many people WANT to believe it. As Milo said, for many this will be viewed as one more example of UT getting away with it rather than a false allegation. :shakehead:

Funny story, friend of mine who I work with was the Oregon fan over at their board and said the guy who runs that site would take articles off of other sites...claim it was his "inside info" then tell everyone else and when he was brought for by my friend about it in public....he tried getting him banned.

VN Store

Back