Streaming Games This Year...

Yes, one of the YouTube TV menus. When watching live the lineup looks like regular cable with channel by channel lists.
I tried hulu live tv, and didnt like the have to back out 2 times to change channel is youtube any better to change channel. I like to flip back and forth between 3 to 4 games.

Two years ago PS Vue was, hands down, the best streaming service for sports. They've gone up on their prices twice since then... I wonder if any of the other services are comparable now.
I’ve tested the others and Vue is well above as far as value.

But I think everyone is misunderstanding what the OP is looking for........he’s looking for a premium service for free.

I am about to cut direct TV off, was looking at Sling. Does YouTube TV have SEC Network?
yes. but sling it's in a different tier or something. i had sling at one point, i liked it, but switched to PSVue because it had all the local channels and functionally, it is just a little easier....and it has all the sports i want as well.

lotta folks that have you tube tv love it........heard very few complaints about it.

Reactions: chuckb1448
I tried hulu live tv, and didnt like the have to back out 2 times to change channel is youtube any better to change channel. I like to flip back and forth between 3 to 4 games.

You still have to use the menu to change channels, but it’s easy to use.
2AFF339F-81F1-49FF-BB0A-DDF47BBF2E80.jpeg

One cool thing about Youtube TV is when you are on the channel it starts playing it in the little screen above so you already know if it is on commercial or not before clicking on it.

I bummed my parents username/password for their cable subscription and watch using the ESPN app on my roku's. We share our amazon prime with them, so it all works out in the end.

I’ve tested the others and Vue is well above as far as value.

But I think everyone is misunderstanding what the OP is looking for........he’s looking for a premium service for free.

Well, they have that too. It's called an over the air antenna.

Want free and legal local channels? Stanford University has the solution: Sign in with a username and password. No e-mail or personal info of any kind

PufferTV- Stanford University

Well, they have that too. It's called an over the air antenna.

Want free and legal local channels? Stanford University has the solution: Sign in with a username and password. No e-mail or personal info of any kind

PufferTV- Stanford University
I love my OTA for CBS games......all my other locals are covered with Vue. The HD OTA is the clearest picture you will ever have....if you have a good signal.

Thanks for this link, I will try it out with my Firetv

I love my OTA for CBS games......all my other locals are covered with Vue. The HD OTA is the clearest picture you will ever have....if you have a good signal.

Thanks for this link, I will try it out with my Firetv

You could be out of pocket and it's just you and your computer. It's fast and has a good quality picture.

yes. but sling it's in a different tier or something. i had sling at one point, i liked it, but switched to PSVue because it had all the local channels and functionally, it is just a little easier....and it has all the sports i want as well.

lotta folks that have you tube tv love it........heard very few complaints about it.

Sling is weird. I researched it a couple of months ago and decided on Blue with the SportExtra package, Blue had more content I might use, plus three users at a time. So, last week I signed up but I got no SECN. Deal breaker. So, I switched to Orange with SportsExtra - only one user and a crappy package that appears to be life support for SECN. I wish I could just buy ESPN stand alone.

Sling is weird. I researched it a couple of months ago and decided on Blue with the SportExtra package, Blue had more content I might use, plus three users at a time. So, last week I signed up but I got no SECN. Deal breaker. So, I switched to Orange with SportsExtra - only one user and a crappy package that appears to be life support for SECN. I wish I could just buy ESPN stand alone.
that was the other thing about PSVue i liked, the ESPN app recognized PSVue as a service provider so you can sign in to the ESPN app with your PSVue credentials. can't w/sling.

i like PSVue just fine. does everything i want it to...DVR, good on demand content, all the basic cable and local channels and all of the sports channels i watch. and if there's something i'm not getting, usually i can find it on the ESPN app.

i didn't mind sling, but after i had it a while and kept looking around, the only thing sling does, really, is get you out of a high $$ cable/sat bill for a muuuch cheaper alternative. i did the sling blue/orange package with the sports extra and it was about $55/mon.

i'm paying $53/mo for PSVue, and i get more for it.

and like i said, tons of people have had nothing but good things to say about YoutubeTV as well....i would imagine both are better otpions for the sports viewer than sling.

Apparently Disney is going to introduce a bundle package with it's new Disney Plus app in November that will include ESPN, Hulu and all of it's online streaming services for $12.99 a month: Disney announces $12.99 bundle for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. If you get the regular channels from an over the air antennae this would be the cheapest way to get ESPN+ and you can watch The Little Mermaid whenever you want. ;)

that was the other thing about PSVue i liked, the ESPN app recognized PSVue as a service provider so you can sign in to the ESPN app with your PSVue credentials. can't w/sling.

i like PSVue just fine. does everything i want it to...DVR, good on demand content, all the basic cable and local channels and all of the sports channels i watch. and if there's something i'm not getting, usually i can find it on the ESPN app.

i didn't mind sling, but after i had it a while and kept looking around, the only thing sling does, really, is get you out of a high $$ cable/sat bill for a muuuch cheaper alternative. i did the sling blue/orange package with the sports extra and it was about $55/mon.

i'm paying $53/mo for PSVue, and i get more for it.

and like i said, tons of people have had nothing but good things to say about YoutubeTV as well....i would imagine both are better otpions for the sports viewer than sling.
I've had PSVue and YouTubeTV, too. PS was o.k., But, I thought YouTube TV was better. I'm just being chincy. I would probably be better off to go back to YTtv and pay a little more for content I would actually use, but, I already have enough content for my needs.
*I might think about canceling Netflix for the season, step up to YTtv and give Netflix time to backfill with new content. Hmmm. This might be fun.

Apparently Disney is going to introduce a bundle package with it's new Disney Plus app in November that will include ESPN, Hulu and all of it's online streaming services for $12.99 a month: Disney announces $12.99 bundle for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. If you get the regular channels from an over the air antennae this would be the cheapest way to get ESPN+ and you can watch The Little Mermaid whenever you want. ;)
that's a great deal.

what do you do if you arleady have Hulu? cancel and resubscribe?

I've had PSVue and YouTubeTV, too. PS was o.k., But, I thought YouTube TV was better. I'm just being chincy. I would probably be better off to go back to YTtv and pay a little more for content I would actually use, but, I already have enough content for my needs.
for the difference in money, i'd jus switch, and get the content i wanted....either way, it's still A LOT cheaper than cable/satellite.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
OK. I am stunned. It looks like I can buy ESPN+ standalone for 5.99/mth. This is perfect! (Until it isn't, at least).

Thanks, Hawkeye!

While I'm not overly thrilled with any of the streaming services, I settled on Hulu Live. I pay $60/month for the features I wanted. The deal breaker with the other streaming services was the amount of devices they allowed. DirectTV Now limits you to three, Youtube TV limits you to three simultaneous streams, and so on. I have unlimited devices with Hulu Live, so my family can watch it on any of my 5 TVs, our phones, and our computers without worrying about somebody having to potentially drop off to make room for someone else.

Reactions: jakez4ut
While I'm not overly thrilled with any of the streaming services, I settled on Hulu Live. I pay $60/month for the features I wanted. The deal breaker with the other streaming services was the amount of devices they allowed. DirectTV Now limits you to three, Youtube TV limits you to three simultaneous streams, and so on. I have unlimited devices with Hulu Live, so my family can watch it on any of my 5 TVs, our phones, and our computers without worrying about somebody having to potentially drop off to make room for someone else.
PSVue was 5 as well. i have 3 TV's in my sports room, so the number of streams was important. :)

VN Store

Back