Strategy for Bama - TLDR: We win.

W8Dkazc.jpg

Lol so because you heard of a school in Arkansas doing this you think we need to do it? I mean I'm all for trying anything out but the craze behind it is laughable.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"
A colloquial phrase used rhetorically to inspire individuals to believe something is possible even though the outlook is grim.

I turned the phrase on its side to express the idea that the game against Bama is almost impossible to win.
I feel so bad for you for having to explain this. Wow.

Saturday nights theme for Vols:
Abandon all hope ye who enter here.
Reminds of LSU"s c.oach. Did anybody happen to catch Orgeron's pregame interview for the LSU UF game? At the very end he delivered this blast with a smile:
"Welcome to Death Valley, where opponents' dreams come to die, Go Tigers!"

Strong chance many of the posters here are now GenX and don't know who Belushi was and probably don't know what a pearl Harbor was (is). Just forget it.

Reactions: Vol4life2
Disagree, but think some of those features will be utilized.

I just don't like the all out desperation stuff (on-sides kicks, blitz packages). The last thing we need to do is give up big plays for Bama. Instead, force them (or try to force them) into 10+ play drives. Slow the game down.

Now I do think they should open up the play book for Maurer so they can use it as a teachable moment for Maurer.

Yes, Bama will pull away at some point, and perhaps destroy the Vols. But, if the Vols can hang with them (like GA) for 2, or even 3 Q, then the Vols can build off this momentum.

Strong chance many of the posters here are now GenX and don't know who Belushi was and probably don't know what a pearl Harbor was (is). Just forget it.
Madam, I am not a GenX--er, I watched Belushi in the original SNL series real time, and I can promise you I know about Pearl Harbor. It's just been decades since I watched Animal House, and there's a fairly good chance I was drunk when I did. It's pretty lame to imply someone not remembering a scene from a stupid movie is ignorant of history. Guess you felt you had to post something.

We got a good chance to beat Bama. Just like this:

1. Use the on sides kick every kickoff. Statistically this gives us a 20+% chance of obtaining possession, 60% if they don't expect it, as well as letting the defense know that if they can just hold on strong for 4 downs, turnover. If they can't, they score. Either way they leave the field. Talk about motivation.

2. Run EXTREMELY aggressive defensive stunts and focus on bringing max aggression to Tua. Play loose and don't worry about roughing the passer calls too much. Hit him HARD. Drive him into the ground.

3. STACK the line on offense and run a 4 down scheme. Army style. Run every time and WIND THE CLOCK DOWN. On 4th and longs, air it out 50/50 to our boys on the outsides.

Aye?

Dear Lord.

I like it, I would maybe go for two rather than taking the extra point. Also would assault the WR's on every play. Risk taking the pass interference penalty over the risk of them making the catch in space.
I agree. We could cover their receivers like the Gators do. If the ball is coming to your guy, mug him. Works for Florida most of the time.

GENX here. Saw animal house and blues brother when I was ten or so. John Belushi was hysterical. A lot of Millennials probably haven’t heard of John Belushi.

Unless Gohan shows up and plays iron man ball for us it’ll be hard... maybe impossible to win.

4th and anything 3 yards or less, go for it. Higher % of making the 1st down than stopping Bama's offense.

VN Store

Back