Strategy for Bama - TLDR: We win.

Madam, I am not a GenX--er, I watched Belushi in the original SNL series real time, and I can promise you I know about Pearl Harbor. It's just been decades since I watched Animal House, and there's a fairly good chance I was drunk when I did. It's pretty lame to imply someone not remembering a scene from a stupid movie is ignorant of history. Guess you felt you had to post something.

self conscious? I did not say you. I said many posters on here, which is absolutely true. You obviously like to instigate keyboard arguments.

If you UT can score a lot, and prevent Bama from scoring much, I like UT's chances. But, the refs would get involved if that happened. So, never mind.

I like it, I would maybe go for two rather than taking the extra point. Also would assault the WR's on every play. Risk taking the pass interference penalty over the risk of them making the catch in space.

"Assault the WR''s on every play." If you mean within five yards of the LOS, I violently agree. Jam them up every single down at the LOS, disrupting their routes, timing, etc. Think of what Seattle did to Denver''s receivers in the Super Bowl a few years ago. Take away their passing game or at the very least make them work extremely hard to even have a passing game. Sounds good to me.

Reactions: Metamonkey
Madam, I am not a GenX--er, I watched Belushi in the original SNL series real time, and I can promise you I know about Pearl Harbor. It's just been decades since I watched Animal House, and there's a fairly good chance I was drunk when I did. It's pretty lame to imply someone not remembering a scene from a stupid movie is ignorant of history. Guess you felt you had to post something.
Everyone should remember that no matter how drunk. It's a timeless masterpiece.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
we slip the whole team a roofie in their morning juice and we might win. I said MIGHT win. No guarantees...

The only chance of slowing down the Bama offense is getting some pressure on Tua. That said I don't have a clue how to do that and apparently neither did the DC's at Duke, NM State, USCe, Southern MS, Ole Miss, or Texas A&M. Bama and Tua are putting up pinball numbers. If our D can keep them under 50 it will be a good day. Our offense couldn't score 50+ on air. Our only hope of keeping this close is winning the TO margin by a lot. So if Bama has one of those six TO, 150 yards in penalties days and we play well and totally clean football maybe we get late with a chance. Stranger things have happened but not often - if Vols win it would be one of the biggest upsets of all time.

Means he thinks he's really cool and not a douche.

While I agree that the bama dude does think he's cool and not a douche, he still has a point.
So is the minimum post requirement just for some people or all people? cuz dude joined volnation and started a thread a second later. I know they dont want my azz starting no thread it's obvious to me but I'm sure other folks would like to but have had to wait. Meanwhile geeks off the street can come up in here and say whatever (and that's no offense to the op or whatever) volnation need to get it together tho. Yall are not lookin like you're enforcing the rules on everyone - just some... ain't what's up

While I agree that the bama dude does think he's cool and not a douche, he still has a point.
So is the minimum post requirement just for some people or all people? cuz dude joined volnation and started a thread a second later. I know they dont want my azz starting no thread it's obvious to me but I'm sure other folks would like to but have had to wait. Meanwhile geeks off the street can come up in here and say whatever (and that's no offense to the op or whatever) volnation need to get it together tho. Yall are not lookin like you're enforcing the rules on everyone - just some... ain't what's up
OP been a member longer than you ;)

There are three things that can happen when you pass. Two of them are bad.

That's a 66 percent chance of something bad happening to Tua.
I've always wondered about the genesis of that really old saying, because it has always applied to running the ball also. Johnny and Frank Broyles used to say it somewhat frequently, and I wondered if they really thought it through, or if it was just an insider joke.

I've always wondered about the genesis of that really old saying, because it has always applied to running the ball also. Johnny and Frank Broyles used to say it somewhat frequently, and I wondered if they really thought it through, or if it was just an insider joke.

Woody Hayes gets most of the credit for it although some say that Neyland said it first.

I always found it amusing as well due to the irony of it. It can apply to any type of offensive possession.

Reactions: JohnnyJava
Also, whenever Tua drops back to pass, grab one of their WRs and don’t let go. The penalty yardage will likely be far less than what they will otherwise gain.
Brilliant! We'll call it the asymptote defense... Bama will near the goal line as a result of an infinite number of pass interference penalties, but will never quite reach it.

Reactions: Vol4life2
It was obvi a good thread!

VN Store

Back