Strategies For Increasing Attendance

Since attendance has been declining over the past three tears, what strategies (aside from winning) would you like to see tried (new or old)?

What successful ideas have been implemented at other schools to increase interest and expand the fan base?

If you win, they will come. No one wants to pay top dollar to go and see the sh!t show that they have been rolling out for the past decade.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Maybe have a double header and play before the men's team. Make it a family friendly event and try to get a few more new fans to jump on board for this new era

Maybe have a double header and play before the men's team. Make it a family friendly event and try to get a few more new fans to jump on board for this new era

They did this in years past. Problem is season ticket holders...they have to clear the arena between the two games. Now, I’d be happy to stay in my row 14 center court seats for the men’s game.......but I bet some season ticket holder of the men would by VERY unhappy.😂😂😂

They did this in years past. Problem is season ticket holders...they have to clear the arena between the two games. Now, I’d be happy to stay in my row 14 center court seats for the men’s game.......but I bet some season ticket holder of the men would by VERY unhappy.😂😂😂
How many canned vegetables do LV season tickets cost?

How many canned vegetables do LV season tickets cost?

You can check prices and required donations at UT Vols tickets.

Now, I answered your question, you can answer a few for me. Why do so many people on here have to be so tacky and petty? Are these people really Vols? Or are they just trolls and/or born jerks who just enjoy being petty and classless?

You can check prices and required donations at UT Vols tickets.

Now, I answered your question, you can answer a few for me. Why do so many people on here have to be so tacky and petty? Are these people really Vols? Or are they just trolls and/or born jerks who just enjoy being petty and classless?
Law of averages. Probably not. Yes.

You know a way NOT to increase attendance? Cancel the Big Orange Caravan, an opportunity for fans to meet and interact with the new Lady Vols coach, and replace it with some dumb@$$ mascot tour.

Tell me again what an amazingly brilliant AD Fulmer is....?

Reactions: vettefool
Just win Baby!

In the mean time, put a 50% off coupon or $5 off concessions coupon on ticket stubs.

Half Court challenge sponsored by Joe Dirt Auto sales, etc.

Have a drawing every week to determine which section of the arena gets "free nachos".

Pre-game "Mascot Massacre" where gators, bulldogs, elephants, gamecocks type pinatas are whacked by blindfolded patrons.

1st 1,000 paid attendance get Butch Jones VooDoo dolls.

1% extra credit on the class(es) of your choice (10% max). lol

Free Netflix or Amazon prime with season tickets.

Last edited:
I’m completely confident that this upcoming season will bring an increase in attendance.

With the exception of a few message board Eyeores who seem determined to be relentlessly pessimistic, everywhere I’ve gone, and with everyone I’ve personally spoken to recently about the “new Lady Vols,” EVERYONE has been over-the-moon excited about Kellie and believe she’s going to make fans proud.

I have yet to speak to anyone who didn’t mention that they hoped to go to a few games this year, and many of those people mentioned that people THEY’d discussed it with were planning on jumping back onto the bandwagon.

Since attendance has been declining over the past three tears, what strategies (aside from winning) would you like to see tried (new or old)?

What successful ideas have been implemented at other schools to increase interest and expand the fan base?
Winning and playing an exciting brand of basketball. We also need to claim our old mojo and become one of the top ten programs in women's basketball. In addition, we need to play up to our talent. We also need to play a tougher physical game and protect the paint. Also, we need a consistent inside/outside offense. In the last few years we have had an offense which lacked imagination and consistency. If KJH can instill in this team the never say die attitude of her MSU program, with our talent and and program ability to recruit talent, we should be fine and fill the house.

Reactions: creekdipper
The early season schedule needs a MAJOR upgrade. “To be the best, you must play the best.” Anyone remember that slogan? I want to attend games where the top teams are our opponents. And better halftime entertainment would help make attending the game more enjoyable. But bring on Louisville, Maryland, NCState, Oregon. Let’s compete with the best.

Since so many idiots on this forum think Coach Harper is channeling Pat Summitt, perhaps she can channel Ray Mears for ideas on increasing attendance.

Reactions: Bsport
just a story - after years of watching making basketball shots, or not I proposed a half-time activity where local golfers were challenged to make a semi-long putt while fans were screaming at them as if it was a free-throw to decide a game. Couldn't sell! smile

Reactions: creekdipper
Win games.

Have more games scheduled a bit earlier in the day - when possible - to make attendance easier and safer. A lot of women's basketball fans are older, yeah? So make it a touch more convenient for them to come -- and bring family/kids/friends.

Win games.

Find ways to reduce ticket prices wherever possible, for as long as practicable. Partner up. Offer package pairing good games with decent games. Do promotions with businesses. Get tickets in hands.

Win games.

Refresh the gameday experience. Create the impression of something both old and new. Take cues from the NBA. Sell the attitude. I remember the last game I saw in person -- granted this was quite a few years ago but -- the entrance music felt out of place and did not hype anyone up at all. Fix that. Fix a lot of it. Others are doing a great job. Go watch 'em and then steal the best parts of what they do -- and do it better if possible.

Win games.

Get some interesting early season matchups against traditional powers aside from just Stanford/Texas. Louisville's up the road. Oregon's been making noise for a few years. You can't do it overnight, but look for opportunities to have more marquee matchups early season. Still have to win them though.

Win games.

Provide valuable incentives to maintain standing with the VASF. Don't overdo it, but put some sweetener in the tea.

Win games.

The one thing UT can't do is replicate Summitt's media presence and weight. They don't have anyone who can do that now. S'the way it is. So work hard at the rest and don't let up.

And win games.

VN Store

Back