Stop smokin shawty.

With the easing of the laws ref marijuana, we have had a opioid epidemic. I think we are going to have get this heroin problem under control before we start making marijuana legal. BTW, some states may have decided not to enforce the fed laws, but the Fed Laws are still in place.

Now, as for KY, we'll all find out in 24 hours who is right, and who isn't. The sunshine pumpers have predicted a huge win for UT, in every game every year-they are kind of like those people that predict the end of the world every year-you just don't take them seriously.:hi:

Last edited:
With the easing of the laws ref marijuana, we have had a opioid epidemic.

Nice try blaming the opioid crises on weed. Colorado and California are weed friendly states and have the lowest instances of opioid usage. It's mainly the deep south states that crack down on marijuana the most that have the worst problems with pain killers. Pull your head out of your rear end why don't you?

recreational_opiates.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Wish they'd legalize weed across all 50 states so young people like John Kelly didn't have to get in trouble for something that hurts no one.

It doesn't matter if you legalize it...you think players a Colorado Univ. are lighting up after practice??..its still against NCAA rules.

Some people just can't put down the reefer. Doesn't matter if its illegal, doesn't matter if it impacts their life or career, they just can't abstain for a few months. Sad.

^ They obviously didn't need you to cast the first stone from your glass house to get stoned enough on their own.

actually this does force the playcalling to spread the ball around. could be a blessing actually

John Kelly getting suspended sucks. Unassailable fact. But that suspension is probably the bet possible thing that could have happened for the future of this team.

We currently have 3 very very interesting guys behind JK. him being suspended at this point in the season. Where honestly no matter what happens we are pretty much guaranteed a win every game but LSU and that's nearly a guaranteed win itself.Lets get real they are the strongest team by far left on our schedule, but, given how we play and how they play i call it a toss up much more so than even SC was to me. From my perspective before the season looking at rosters the only surprising loss and failure of coaching I have seen this year was the USC game.

UF isn't great but they were a lot better than most teams thought they would be and their strength (matchups are key people) defense hit us where it hurt. Georgia, I counted as a loss before the season and they are actually way better than I or damn near anyone outside of Athens thought. that backfield is for real they are the only team i could say is deeper than Bama at RB in the country by a large margin. SC I Didn't see coming. Bama.. seriously? Let's be real until proven otherwise Bama does get beaten by other teams they lose the occasional game. they LOSE because they were not up for it. There hasn't been a team that met bama in the past decade that was better. Hurts to say (pun intended) but it's true they lose games but they never get beaten. Hurts is being exposed this year because, well he is a second year QB folks have tape on him but Bama is good enough and so is he that it does not matter.

Who are we asUT and when can we honestly expect ot compete at the level most posters in these forums expect? Well given the current roster a year or 2 if we don't change coaches if we do.. Who knows. I do know JK being out this year makes our RB depth nxt year a lot better.

Pretty optimistic outlook for a team that can't score touchdowns - 14 quarters without one why do you think we can win all the remaining games?

Reactions: 2 people
I just see it differently. For one, we had to go to overtime to beat ga tech and nearly lost to u mass. Florida and sc are terrible teams this year. So we haven't basically lost to who we were supposed to lose to. Hell we ha e as much or more talent than Georgia has and their second year coach killed us with a true freshman playing on the road.
Going forward...kentucky has played at a higher level than us most of the year and vandy has a better record and a win over a top 25 team this year. We are a dumpster fire of a team that desperately needs to fire the idiot of a coach we hired. We should also fire or at least disassociate ourselves (boosters ect) with anyone that had anything to do with such a pathetic hire
I respect your stance but those games came down to matchups. Florida's defense was a bad matchup for us SC was a flub we should have won that game true. GT is a legit team that gives everyone fits with their option.

The first half against bama let me know we can beat anyone left on our schedule. I think the light comes on for JG this week especially with the pressure off him (QD's surgery makes him the unquestioned man). Our RB's thus far look to be much better than expected and JK's suspension opens up snaps for those guys to prove themselves.

LSU is at best an equally talented team compared to UT. We have more talent even with losses and suspension than anyone left on schedule. From here on out its about mindset and wanting to win. We win at UK tonight and that gives JG next week to warm up on USM.

Even ESPN who historically "hates" UT has us as expected to win all games except for LSU and UK (tossup). Yes most of my feelings here are based on faith and a bit thin on facts. I will readily admit that but history is also on my side. October and November are historically good months for UT football.

There is also this... CBJ knows whats up he is all in so the whole conservative thing goes out the door starting now. He couldn't play that way against Bama because if we went aggressive with them that games end score would've been much much more ugly. I can't say enough people got the wrong idea about our strength of schedule early (we play a much harder schedule than most UT fans give us credit for.

GT has lost 2 games to us and #11 Miami. both games by 1 point and both at the last minute. UGA is probably the strongest team in the SEC/country not named Bama. Even Kentucky and Vandy are stronger than normal. Yeah Florida and Missouri are on down years but Florida's D is no joke.

facts we have had 1 really bad loss this year. SC. The losses to Bama and UGA look bad on paper but look at their records. Georgia is averaging almost 40 a game period. Bama has only been held under 40 twice out of 8 games so far. Also, as much shade as people throw at SC and I still believe we should have and could have won that game as well as the florida game USCjr is 5-2 and bowl bound. If they beat vandy this week they will likely hop into top 25 which will mean when UGA beats them next week they likely jump to 2 (still dont get why PSU is ranked ahead of UGa right now honestly they haven't played anyone)

John Kelly getting suspended sucks. Unassailable fact. But that suspension is probably the bet possible thing that could have happened for the future of this team.

We currently have 3 very very interesting guys behind JK. him being suspended at this point in the season. Where honestly no matter what happens we are pretty much guaranteed a win every game but LSU and that's nearly a guaranteed win itself.Lets get real they are the strongest team by far left on our schedule, but, given how we play and how they play i call it a toss up much more so than even SC was to me. From my perspective before the season looking at rosters the only surprising loss and failure of coaching I have seen this year was the USC game.

UF isn't great but they were a lot better than most teams thought they would be and their strength (matchups are key people) defense hit us where it hurt. Georgia, I counted as a loss before the season and they are actually way better than I or damn near anyone outside of Athens thought. that backfield is for real they are the only team i could say is deeper than Bama at RB in the country by a large margin. SC I Didn't see coming. Bama.. seriously? Let's be real until proven otherwise Bama does get beaten by other teams they lose the occasional game. they LOSE because they were not up for it. There hasn't been a team that met bama in the past decade that was better. Hurts to say (pun intended) but it's true they lose games but they never get beaten. Hurts is being exposed this year because, well he is a second year QB folks have tape on him but Bama is good enough and so is he that it does not matter.

Who are we asUT and when can we honestly expect ot compete at the level most posters in these forums expect? Well given the current roster a year or 2 if we don't change coaches if we do.. Who knows. I do know JK being out this year makes our RB depth nxt year a lot better.
Have you actually watched a game this year? There are no guaranteed wins, not even Southern Miss. And you seriously think LSU is a toss up? I agree it's time for you to stop smoking

Reactions: 1 person

UT has roughly even odds to beat Vandy, Southern Miss, and Missouri. Probable loss to Kentucky, and an almost definite one to LSU. This team almost lost to UMass at home.

I respect your stance but those games came down to matchups. Florida's defense was a bad matchup for us SC was a flub we should have won that game true. GT is a legit team that gives everyone fits with their option.

The first half against bama let me know we can beat anyone left on our schedule. I think the light comes on for JG this week especially with the pressure off him (QD's surgery makes him the unquestioned man). Our RB's thus far look to be much better than expected and JK's suspension opens up snaps for those guys to prove themselves.

LSU is at best an equally talented team compared to UT. We have more talent even with losses and suspension than anyone left on schedule. From here on out its about mindset and wanting to win. We win at UK tonight and that gives JG next week to warm up on USM.

Even ESPN who historically "hates" UT has us as expected to win all games except for LSU and UK (tossup). Yes most of my feelings here are based on faith and a bit thin on facts. I will readily admit that but history is also on my side. October and November are historically good months for UT football.

There is also this... CBJ knows whats up he is all in so the whole conservative thing goes out the door starting now. He couldn't play that way against Bama because if we went aggressive with them that games end score would've been much much more ugly. I can't say enough people got the wrong idea about our strength of schedule early (we play a much harder schedule than most UT fans give us credit for.

GT has lost 2 games to us and #11 Miami. both games by 1 point and both at the last minute. UGA is probably the strongest team in the SEC/country not named Bama. Even Kentucky and Vandy are stronger than normal. Yeah Florida and Missouri are on down years but Florida's D is no joke.

facts we have had 1 really bad loss this year. SC. The losses to Bama and UGA look bad on paper but look at their records. Georgia is averaging almost 40 a game period. Bama has only been held under 40 twice out of 8 games so far. Also, as much shade as people throw at SC and I still believe we should have and could have won that game as well as the florida game USCjr is 5-2 and bowl bound. If they beat vandy this week they will likely hop into top 25 which will mean when UGA beats them next week they likely jump to 2 (still dont get why PSU is ranked ahead of UGa right now honestly they haven't played anyone)

We are not a good football team and their is simply no way to form an argument that we. We have 4 bad loses, because we lost to 2 bad teams and were not remotely competative with the 2 good teams we played.

We are not favored in any remaining games and one of those is S. Miss.

Ummmmm. Hmmmmm. Um well. I am dumbfounded. I think you must be living in 2014 or possessed

Nice try blaming the opioid crises on weed. Colorado and California are weed friendly states and have the lowest instances of opioid usage. It's mainly the deep south states that crack down on marijuana the most that have the worst problems with pain killers. Pull your head out of your rear end why don't you?

recreational_opiates.png

Speaking of pulling ones head out of the ass-why did you use old stats? If one looks at the DEATHS of real people, in the latest stats for 2016 you find a totally different set of real numbers.
10. NC deaths 1457
9. MASS deaths 1567
8. IL Deaths 1835
7. Mich Deaths 1980
6. TX Deaths 2588
5. NY Deaths 2754
4. FL Deaths 3228
3. PENN Deaths 3264
2. OHIO Deaths 3310
1. CAL #1 total deaths in 2016 4659.

I still contend as long as we (USA) are in the midst of an opium (and huge numbers of deaths from opium) epidemic, the likelihood of seeing Marijuana laws changed is small. Now according to you, California and NY, Mass, Penn, OH, IL, Mich shouldn't even be on the list. But, these numbers are real dead bodies, not someone's opinion, but actual body count. May I suggest when quoting stats, you use the latest, most up-to-date, otherwise you look foolish.:hi:

BTW, if one takes a moment to look at the facts, they will find that the death rate in CO due to HEROIN OVERDOSE, for the year of 2016, INCREASED by 23%.
:good!:

Last edited:

What’s your opinion on the UMASS game

the only thing I can guarantee is there are no guarantees...not about us winning out anyway...:):)

PS. I guess one can hope though...:peace2:

GO VOLS!

How can anybody think TENN is gonna just flip a switch and play good enough to win any game, much less an SEC game. They are playing terrible and getting worse. Changing QBs (and I didn't care who was #1) made the team worse. Averaging less than 300 ypg. Defense can't stop any decent running attack. Why would they just automatically start moving the ball and stopping the other team? :eek:

Cause we have a new strategy. We have covert ex-cia, green berets getting into our opponents drinking water and gator-aide packets and spiking it the night before game.

What’s your opinion on the UMASS game
Good question. The Umass game was messy but anyone that actually watched the game will see that at no point were we actually in danger of losing the game. They never truly threatened to win until the final 5 minutes of the game. We played sloppy and didn't put the game away. we made one huge mistake that game.. Playing JG. Hindsight 20/20 it is fairly obvious that whatever shoulder problems QD just got surgery for originated sometime between the Florida game and this one.

Once we subbed in QD all offensive momentum was lost. Lets be honest it was not all on QD. The offense which was already not operating on all cylinders lost all pep. I think this is more a reflection of the 2 being different than a true gap in ability. I stick to my guns the biggest loss we too this season was losing JJ. His loss set our QB's development back light years. along with Josh smiths drama/injuries. We don't have any veteran WR's of note outside of those 2 and you had basically a freshman QB with freshman sophomore WR's carrying the load They are all talented and developing but they don't have that veteran example out there and JJ is that in spades. On the field, we can opine and try to read into his lack of presence on the field since injury ad nauseum. the fact remains he is both a physical and emotional presence when he plays. Which makes CBJ's statement that JJ is not around because he does not like to be around if he is not playing because it makes him feel bad for not being able to be there for his team ring true.

end of day I don't know JJ's true situation/feelings. I do know its fairly obvious this game is where the injury to QD reared its hit its head and started biting. The offense was just starting to hit its stride after the setback against UF. I honestly think QD took his injury this game. No matter how badly anyone thought QD was playing at the point he got pulled this game it makes no sense strategically. The game the next week proved it. they put QD in for UGA to see if he was ok he wasn't so the pulled him for QD again with similar results and at that point QD was officially on the shelf. For injury not performance.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back