Stop acting like petulant children

Please explain why its all Pruitts fault for those losses.
giphy.gif

Not really. Leavh just blamed his players. Oh I forgot, wasnt it upyou that said there are no bad units only bad commanders? I mean thats funnier than almost anything.
K, did you spend time in the military and never heard that?

After rereading, ill say it isnt ALL his fault, just mostly...my bad

I don't see your scenario, same scenario we have been thru 3 times before, as reality. If Pruitt continues to lose in this manner who will he be able to recruit? Certainly not the players skilled enough to complete the massive turnover you mentioned.

Good lord it's old. We are all disappointed by how the season has gone so far but its completely asinine to start a new thread every time a crappy team hangs with a decent team. This site has become unreadable with this tripe.

This is going to be a long term rebuild if you honestly want sustainable growth. It's going to take time to get the players, coach up the players and improve. The cycle of bringing in a new coach every 4 years has created a toxic culture where system guys dont want to buy in to a new system. The program has 1 1/2 of the classes it's going to take to actually change the culture completely.

This isnt a video game with a cheat code or a rally round the flag feel good story. This is reality. And reality is tough.
The trouble is that the fans have gotten tired of having this "long term" rebuild statement for the last 10 years!! A coach has to show improvement; it really is as simple as that. UT has made the serious error of hiring a number of coaches "on the cheap." Coaches who have not been proven winners at the power 5 level. And I'm not speaking of assistant coaches; I mean real proven HEAD Coach winners at a high level.
We wouldn't be complaining about coaching buyouts if we had hired one of these about 7 or 8 years ago and spent the proper money to do so.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Please explain why its all Pruitts fault for those losses.

There are about 3.85 million reasons.

Tell ya what, when I start making coin for being a fan, I'll take some of the responsibility too, 'kay?

Lining up properly. Getting a play off. Knowing to bring in a transfer QB because your 'starter' isn't one. Being prepped to face a glorified HS team (GA State). You know, the little things that fall on......the coach?

Yeah. Things like that.

The problem is while most coaches see improvement year 2, Pruitt hasn't shown it (yet).

Or the fact Mack Brown has come back after not coaching in forever and should have beat the #1 team with a bunch of average players (don't think UNCs recruiting has even come close to TNs).
That is one of the main issues.... people base how good a team is based off recruiting rankings instead of how good the player is once he shows up on campus..... Henry T and Crouch look like the real deal while other highly rated guys such as Warrior has never shown much of anything.

Reactions: VolinMC and AM64
That is one of the main issues.... people base how good a team is based off recruiting rankings instead of how good the player is once he shows up on campus..... Henry T and Crouch look like the real deal while other highly rated guys such as Warrior has never shown much of anything.
Let's be honest, do you have faith in this staff to develop an under the radar guy? At this point we better have 5 stars at every position..

Reactions: VolInNW
I expect a few years with Pruitt but progress is what I was hoping for. Not ready to fire him but geez earn your money.

Let's be honest, do you have faith in this staff to develop an under the radar guy? At this point we better have 5 stars at every position..
Faith is nonsense when it comes to football..... they have to prove it on the field.... do I think we have good coaches? Yes, I do..... the offensive and defensive coordinators are two of the most highly thought of coaches in the country....my thought is that this is a bigger rebuild than us fans thought and we need to be patient.

Faith is nonsense when it comes to football..... they have to prove it on the field.... do I think we have good coaches? Yes, I do..... the offensive and defensive coordinators are two of the most highly thought of coaches in the country....my thought is that this is a bigger rebuild than us fans thought and we need to be patient.

Just a reminder, That DC is in his first year as a DC Kinda hard to be one of the most highly thought of in your first year. Also applies to the HC.

OR let people voice their concerns on a message board. If you don't like it then say you disagree but why do you think you can tell people how to feel and act?
Because its every single thread. And it's just the same knee jerk BS every time a low talent team plays over their head.
Anyone that didn't get that this had the potential to be a long rebuild was deluding themselves. Butches successful was built by a handful of talented guys that left the program at the same skill level they entered it. That made a couple of teams but didn't sustain a program. Pruitt is trying to build a program. And he's doing it with a program that hasn't existed in a positive manner in most recruits lives. Doing so while recruits we use to get are going to Florida, Clemson, UGA, Auburn, Bama, LSU.

Having a ****** fanbase that doesn't understand the reality of that just makes us a laughing stock and hurts the rebuild.

Reactions: AM64
You know, if the players and coaches of this team paid any attention to all whiners and complainers on this board, it's no wonder other teams across the NCAA seem to be doing better than UT. Likely the game is not fun anymore for our team. Always getting blasted by our own fans and the media. Every decision made by the coaching staff and every good and bad play made by our team is being dissected to the inth degree.
I'm as disappointed as any of our fans, but I don't see where this constant calling for the coach to be fired or lesser talented players to transfer out, is doing anybody any good. Every player on this team is more talented at football than 99% of the members of this board. We need to rally around this team and coaches. If ever there is a "Win one for the Gipper" moment, this season is it! GBO!!

This team and coaching staff needs to rally around themselves and not worry about any of the outside noise from fans or the media.

If they are paying attention to it, then there is a lack of leadership from the coaches and players.

Coach Pruitt is 6-10, and has lost 5 of 6, to the likes of Missouri, Vandy, Ga State, Byu, and Florida. Blown out by Florida and Missouri, and MAN-HANDLED by Ga State. Uninspired vs GSU, layed down on Vandy, Florida and Missouri, and got a case of "The Dumbass" vs BYU.
Folks have every right to be unhappy, and voice their opinions.

Reactions: lifeisdeep and VFFL
Coach Pruitt is 6-10, and has lost 5 of 6, to the likes of Missouri, Vandy, Ga State, Byu, and Florida. Blown out by Florida and Missouri, and MAN-HANDLED by Ga State.
Folks have every right to be unhappy, and voice their opinions.

And blown out by Vandy, if this team was showing signs of improvement from week to week but still losing then it would be understandable. We aren’t showing any real improvement. If freshman are playing better than players who have been under Pruitt for two years then that is just as much an indictment of Pruitt than it is a positive. We saw this under Jones. Players would plateau out after a year or so and never really improve. There are some talented players who have been in the system for two years who have not taken the next step: Taylor, and Carvin. Then you have guys like Brandon Davis and Peterson who were heavily recruited that haven’t really seen the field. If you look at the sophomores and redshirt freshmen, they aren’t making much of an impact. That is not a good sign.

Good lord it's old. We are all disappointed by how the season has gone so far but its completely asinine to start a new thread every time a crappy team hangs with a decent team. This site has become unreadable with this tripe.

This is going to be a long term rebuild if you honestly want sustainable growth. It's going to take time to get the players, coach up the players and improve. The cycle of bringing in a new coach every 4 years has created a toxic culture where system guys dont want to buy in to a new system. The program has 1 1/2 of the classes it's going to take to actually change the culture completely.

This isnt a video game with a cheat code or a rally round the flag feel good story. This is reality. And reality is tough.

Everybody, everybody just shut up and accept mediocrity. Whatever you do, do not show your displeasure with the progress of the coaching staff. Just accept it and go spend your money, be a mindless fool and stop wondering why the program has sucked for over a decade.

Everybody just keep your opinions to yourself unless you're pumping sunshine. Even though other programs seem to be competing that doesn't mean Tennessee should, so everybody just shut up and accept the mediocrity. SMH People like you are the reason the administration feels like they don't have to spend money because Mindless drones and sheep will still flock and spend their money.

Slow clap....

VN Store

Back