stock market was up today...

I’m sure they’re similar. But Rackspace mainly offers hosting, right?

Snowflake must own some really good technology to be worth 25x RXT. RXT might be more hardware, server farms, and their real estate foot print while Snowflake is more software centric. AKAM is also in the space but seems to be more about optimizing the cloud for users. RXT revenue is several multiples of SNOW yet has less than 5% of its market cap. All 3 might be in totally unrelated spaces. But SNOW sure has a dot com bubble feel about it.

Snowflake must own some really good technology to be worth 25x RXT. RXT might be more hardware, server farms, and their real estate foot print while Snowflake is more software centric. AKAM is also in the space but seems to be more about optimizing the cloud for users. RXT revenue is several multiples of SNOW yet has less than 5% of its market cap. All 3 might be in totally unrelated spaces. But SNOW sure has a dot com bubble feel about it.
I think anyone that wants to invest in snowflake should pony up and reap the rewards. It's a can't miss.

Snowflake may be grossly overvalued, but they actually have revenues. To the tune of $250M.

Not sure I’d call them a “dot com”

There were many companies with revenues that soared in the dot com bubble. Global Crossing. JDS Uniphase.
I’m really not trying to defend them. You clearly don’t like them.

I have no idea what is ultimately in store for them. They could go broke, they could soar to $1000 per share this time next year.

I do know they have some serious players backing them, and a serious list of Fortune 500 customers. We’ll see.

I’m really not trying to defend them. You clearly don’t like them.

I have no idea what is ultimately in store for them. They could go broke, they could soar to $1000 per share this time next year.

I do know they have some serious players backing them, and a serious list of Fortune 500 customers. We’ll see.

I did not clearly say that I “don’t like them”. I’m looking at it and trying to understand the reason(s) for a rich valuation and simply pointed out that the issue has a dot com bubble feel about it. I never said that they are the equivalent. I did not claim that every equity that crashed during the dot com bubble had zero revenues. No worries, but please be careful about twisting my comments. Thanks, Sugar. I know you are not trying to be confrontational.

I did not clearly say that I “don’t like them”. I’m looking at it and trying to understand the reason(s) for a rich valuation and simply pointed out that the issue has a dot com bubble feel about it. I never said that they are the equivalent. I did not claim that every equity that crashed during the dot com bubble had zero revenues. No worries, but please be careful about twisting my comments. Thanks, Sugar. I know you are not trying to be confrontational.
No worries, Thunder

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
Real resistance here (~March levels)?

EiINi5OXkAgLQNx

Real resistance here (~March levels)?

EiINi5OXkAgLQNx
I meant to post an article here for you that delved deeply into the recent retests.

The consensus was that yes, all 3 major indices had successful retests of major support levels. Indicative of short term bullish momentum.

I think Rackspace is to Snowflake was Regus is to WeWork.

Now of course Snowflake successfully got through the IPO process and raised a lot of money, unlike WeWork, but the differentiation between the two is largely marketing and investor backing. Rackspace has been around a long time and is debt-saddled (Apollo). Snowflake is younger, and Silicon Valley VC/Buffett backing.

I meant to post an article here for you that delved deeply into the recent retests.

The consensus was that yes, all 3 major indices had successful retests of major support levels. Indicative of short term bullish momentum.
That's what I thought but the last two weeks? Taking a breather?

This doesn’t make any sense... people are gonna stop shopping at Amazon when Covid lifts.....

Amazon upgraded as analysts forecast the e-commerce giant’s staying power even after shoppers return to stores

[W]e undervalued the power of being the sole e-commerce demand aggregator,” Bernstein wrote in a note. “Amazon is positioned to increase their dominant share position when the return to physical stores occurs. Amazon has also quietly made substantial inroads into grocery and ‘shopping’ verticals.”

This doesn’t make any sense... people are gonna stop shopping at Amazon when Covid lifts.....

Amazon upgraded as analysts forecast the e-commerce giant’s staying power even after shoppers return to stores
I don't think they will stop however I will also add that Amazon is prioritizing certain suppliers/companies over others which is making some look elsewhere for their needs. Reason is parcel shipping is struggling to keep up with volume, especially in CA, so Amazon knows where money is made. Those not on the preferred list know it so FBA isn't as attractive as it once was

I don't think they will stop however I will also add that Amazon is prioritizing certain suppliers/companies over others which is making some look elsewhere for their needs. Reason is parcel shipping is struggling to keep up with volume, especially in CA, so Amazon knows where money is made. Those not on the preferred list know it so FBA isn't as attractive as it once was
Yes. The Parcel networks are stretched thin at the moment.

Amazon is looking at the margins and prioritizing for sure. But it also recognizes the opportunity and continues to build out its logistics network.

They’ve spent $60 Billion on transportation, everything from planes to sprinter vans. They are delivering over half their own volume, and will soon deliver more packages per year than FedEx & UPS.

They’re a monster.

VN Store

Back